Question about internal switching of cabins

joern

Hi
On our next cruise we invited my parents. We all have oceanview cabins and Free at sea, but because of the benefits my wife and I have, our travelagent booked the cabins with me sharing cabin with my mom and my wife with my dad. He told us that we can just go to guest service once we are on board to have them make new keycards so that we can we can move around so that my wife and I are in the same cabin. Anyone have experience doing something similar? and do we have to wait till we are on board or can we request it at the check in desk?

We’ve booked two connecting cabins with one parent and one kid in each cabin several times.  Once on board as mentioned previously Quest Services readily made key cards to allow everyone access to both rooms and for us to adjust who was using each cabin.  

1 hour ago, joern said:

Hi
On our next cruise we invited my parents. We all have oceanview cabins and Free at sea, but because of the benefits my wife and I have, our travelagent booked the cabins with me sharing cabin with my mom and my wife with my dad. He told us that we can just go to guest service once we are on board to have them make new keycards so that we can we can move around so that my wife and I are in the same cabin. Anyone have experience doing something similar? and do we have to wait till we are on board or can we request it at the check in desk?

There is no problem with this. It maximizes your benefits. You need to go to Guest Services for your extra keys, the check-in desk has pre-printed keys and only print keys by exception. The line at guest services will be long on embarkation day, so go early (i.e., soon after you embark) to get the extra keys.  

3 hours ago, UKstages said:

wouldn’t it be loverly if NCL were to simply award status benefits per person rather than by cabin?

Agree.    We are cruising next June with our young adult children and their significant others occupying three cabins.   My husband and I are platinum while our children are gold.   My husband and I own 200 shares of NCL stock.   By switching out my husband and son, we will be gaining two specialty meals for two along with an additional $100 OBC.