Drink Menu for Glacier Bay

azappraiser

The Encore didn’t have anything special on the two Alaskan cruises I did last summer. The Jewel has a special drinks menu for Haven and Suites guests that is served up on the Haven sundeck by invite only. From last year to this year the menu was cut in half.

The Spirit didn’t have any special drinks but they set up a seafood chowder station on the pool deck.

The Jewel also sets up a Sundae station and the Cruise Director and GM scoop the ice cream and make the Glacier Sundaes.

Margerie glacier is my favourite!

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, MacGuffin3 said:

Do they put a fishing net out, grab some floating broken-off glacier ice and put it in the drinks?

Wouldn't that be cool...

I guess I'll just have to take a copy of the menu with me and see what our Haven bartender can whip up.  My wife had the Alaskan Snow Plow... that was mighty tasty too.

54 minutes ago, MacGuffin3 said:

Do they put a fishing net out, grab some floating broken-off glacier ice and put it in the drinks?

They did exactly that when we were north and took the Kenai Fjords tour.  Granted it’s a tourist boat and not a ship, but it was very cool.

This was pre-Covid…

They just did the bergy bit pulled out of the ocean on the Hubbard Glacier excursion on the Spirit last week. We have also experienced this through Major Marine out of Seward into the Kenai Fjords.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, azappraiser said:

Wouldn't that be cool... I guess I'll just have to take a copy of the menu with me and see what our Haven bartender can whip up.  My wife had the Alaskan Snow Plow... that was mighty tasty too.

We've had small tour boats do this... but never seen it done lately on a cruise ship. 

Back in our skiing days (aka, when we still had functional knees) our favorite drink at Keystone was a “snuggler”. Hot chocolate, white rum, white crème de cacao and a splash of peppermint schnapps.   Went down easy and certainly warmed all those frozen parts.