Tips on getting a 20 year old cruise credited to account

Viajera7

I have been checking the points I have with NCL because I am close to Diamond I thought that after my Christmas cruise this year, I needed another cruise to reach this tier. I was checking my cruise history to see if the points of my last 2 cruises were credited correctly when I noticed that the first cruise on my history was the Dream and I knew that I had travel NCL before that. My NCL Sun cruise is not there.

I have a Business card holder in which I put all my cruise cards and fortunately I have the Sun’s card there. Do I need anything else to prove that I was there? It has been 20 years. Does that matter? Is there a time limit to credit cruises? Has anyone had a similar experience? Any tips before I call NCL.

1 hour ago, Viajera7 said:

I have been checking the points I have with NCL because I am close to Diamond I thought that after my Christmas cruise this year, I needed another cruise to reach this tier. I was checking my cruise history to see if the points of my last 2 cruises were credited correctly when I noticed that the first cruise on my history was the Dream and I knew that I had travel NCL before that. My NCL Sun cruise is not there.

I have a Business card holder in which I put all my cruise cards and fortunately I have the Sun’s card there. Do I need anything else to prove that I was there? It has been 20 years. Does that matter? Is there a time limit to credit cruises? Has anyone had a similar experience? Any tips before I call NCL.

You can always ask and send in your Sun Freestyle card. But, unfortunately, you are outside the period where NCL would normally instate missing points

image.png.7c13e776c9ff6bd7ba614eb77efb9fcb.png

image.png.d6a702e529ba842d8a6a3b956a7949e8.png

You can get old cruises credited, I have; and have read of others that have, it's worth a shot.
Firstly you need to gather as much information as you can, if you still have an paperwork to prove you sailed (reservation number, tickets etc)  then you are onto a winner.
In my case, I was on the SS Norway 2001 (9/11), I had no paperwork at all, but had photos of us onboard, they finally accepted my evidence and credited me with 7 days, the trip (TA) was much longer but they said it was a gesture if goodwill.
When I look in my latitudes account, I have 7 more days than my history adds up to but somehow those extra 7 days are there.

Edited by ziggyuk

There is another possibility. When I inquired about a missing cruise for my daughter when she turned 18 and I could see her history it turned out she had 2 latitude accounts for some reason. They merged them for us. 

Thanks for the responses. I cannot believe that after all these years, I didn’t notice that my first NCL cruise was not credited.

2 hours ago, Fischmom said:

There is another possibility. When I inquired about a missing cruise for my daughter when she turned 18 and I could see her history it turned out she had 2 latitude accounts for some reason. They merged them for us. 

This is a good possibility because I remember that I had 2 accounts and they merged them.

3 hours ago, ziggyuk said:

You can get old cruises credited, I have; and have read of others that have, it's worth a shot.
Firstly you need to gather as much information as you can, if you still have an paperwork to prove you sailed (reservation number, tickets etc)  then you are onto a winner.
In my case, I was on the SS Norway 2001 (9/11), I had no paperwork at all, but had photos of us onboard, they finally accepted my evidence and credited me with 7 days, the trip (TA) was much longer but they said it was a gesture if goodwill.
When I look in my latitudes account, I have 7 more days than my history adds up to but somehow those extra 7 days are there.

Thanks ziggy. I am going to look for all the information that I can find before I call NCL this week.

You used to be able to get old cruises credited to your account with documentation.  I seem to remember though that several years ago (maybe as many as 10) NCL put out the policy that they would no longer give credit for old cruises and that anyone who had missing old cruises needed to submit their documentation by a certain date,  After that date, they would no longer accept or apply points for old cruises.

It certainly can't hurt to ask, but I'm guessing the answer will be no.

Good luck!

Checking our Latitudes account's cruise history before - it seemed that sailing history dating older than 2005 were not always included, but 2 were restored & credited from 2003 and 2000, it's been so long - we might've 1 older NCL cruise missing ... not a big deal to chase after.  Worth a try, back in those days, NCL mailed out printed confirmations and our TA issued our paid-in-full reservation statements with all the details, etc.  Oh, color luggage tags mailed.  

They're listed as "Res Arch Cruise" with the booking reference numbers and the ship name, etc. 

September 28, 2003 Res Arch Cruise 2653xxx Norwegian Dawn    
May 10, 2003 Res Arch Cruise 2440xxx Norwegian Sea

14 hours ago, Viajera7 said:

Thanks ziggy. I am going to look for all the information that I can find before I call NCL this week.

Just so you know, they applied my cruise at the end of 2019, this was well after the new rules of only going back 12 months.

If I remember correctly it was a 21 day cruise and they gave me 7 days as a gesture of goodwill.

all I could find was old printed 35mm pictures in an album, and luckily one of the pictures showed us on deck with the "Norway" funnel sign in the background.

It did take a while and quite a few emails, but we got there.

Personally I would not try and do it by telephone as I don't expect most of those people can help. I did everything by email and it got escalated to a person with the authority to help. It probably helped I like in Europe as they sent my request to Miami to a supervisor.

If you have a PCC, it might be worth getting them to forward the request as they will probably know who to send it to.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, ymncruise said:

Post if you have any success.  Maybe I'll try by mail.  I would give NCL another try if they would give me credit for my past cruises.

Yes. If I a resolution.