What's your favorite dinner on Royal Caribbean?

I think the onion tart is. I know I had it on a three day cruise once. Try a search on Cruiseclues.com to see if there is a menu for your cruise.

The Lobster is not. Please don't be sad. Red Lobster serves better. I promise.

I think the onion tart is. I know I had it on a three day cruise once. Try a search on Cruiseclues.com to see if there is a menu for your cruise.

The Lobster is not. Please don't be sad. Red Lobster serves better. I promise.

Didn't think about checking out cruiseclues. Thanks for the tip!

We were just on the Splendour last month for a 5 night cruise and the lobster on there was out of this world so I am kind of sad! Plus there are a lot of first time cruisers in our group who are going to be disappointed. Carnival even serves lobster on it's 3 night cruises. I'm surprised that Royal Caribbean doesn't.

Julie

This thread actually got me thinking...we were next to a table for 4 once (late seating), with only 2 guys at it the first 5 nights. On Lobster Night another guy shows up, seemingly not knowing the other 2 at the table. Is it possible he's double dipping for Lobster Dinner???

Hands down the Scallop Risotto. We asked for it a second time on a later night when it was not on the menu and we got it delivered (3 dinner plates full for a table of 10) along with our other selections.

I thought they were all great on Mariner. It was 2 years before our Jan cruise that we sailed EOS and the food was not that good. Heard it had improved and we were pleasantly surprised how good it was. So good, that I could not decide what great entree and appetizers and desserts to order...so i got one of each.... And sampled them all! Yes, Yes, they were yummy! And i work out 5 days a week so I can do that...and i lose 5 pounds before each cruise so I can eat like that too....so worth it too. Not that I go to eat, but it is so nice to eat really nice stuff that is miles away from what I can cook!

I love most food on a ship - the vidalia tart, Portofinos, lobster night, creme brulee....but for some reason, I will find myself craving the chicken marsala they served on the ship. I have no idea why, but that dish sticks out to me. Can't wait to have it again this fall.

Any night that has escargot!! I LOVE 'em!! The Majesty seems to make them particularly well......

Michele

Absolutely agree! I wish they had it every night. On our last cruise, they made a special exception and I got it the regular night and the last night as well! (sssshhhh don't tell anyone, our little secret right?)

I wonder why there are not some more exotic dishes onboard...like venison...grouse....pheasant...and the like....

I suppose there are too few of those who would take advantage of such fare that it is cost prohibitive. Just thinking that it would be a really cool change....like in Jamaica...could you imagine.

Jerk Goat!!!!!!! :D

I wonder why there are not some more exotic dishes onboard...like venison...grouse....pheasant...and the like....

I suppose there are too few of those who would take advantage of such fare that it is cost prohibitive. Just thinking that it would be a really cool change....like in Jamaica...could you imagine.

Jerk Goat!!!!!!! :D

Cost. The average per day money a cruise spends, PER PASSENGER is around $11.00. It's well documented and someone here can quote a source. It may even be as little as $9.00.

There are lines that do have food like this, Silversea comes to mind. Actually when you figure what it includes it will run us about the same for our SS cruise next year as an RCI cruise.

We have cruised a bit (will be diamond after our next) and have always enjoyed the food in the Dining room. We have never seen a need to go to alternative dining. Maybe we are missing something but there is always something we enjoy on the menu and many times the decision is difficult because we want it all. Anything is good if I do not have to fix it.

We have cruised a bit (will be diamond after our next) and have always enjoyed the food in the Dining room. We have never seen a need to go to alternative dining. Maybe we are missing something but there is always something we enjoy on the menu and many times the decision is difficult because we want it all. Anything is good if I do not have to fix it.

mdeane - believe it or not, we are of the exact same opinion. We love the food in the dinning room. We went to the specialty restaurant once and quite frankly, although the food was good we didn't think it was "extra terrific fabulous". The quiet time and the pampering from what seemed to be our own personal waiter was worth the extra charge though.

That was also one of my husband's favorites. He also loved the lamb.

I thought the lobster was prepared perfectly the night we had it, generally the seafood dishes (Cod, crabcakes, etc) were all excellent> I did not like their Salmon (dry) and the lobster ravoili sauce (some seasoning I didn't care for). The cold berry soups were excellent, especially when eaten as dessert.

I agree about the Lobster Ravioli sauce...it was FUNKY. Also there was a vodka sauce on the last night that was FUNKY. Everything else was WONDERFUL!

I'm not what you could call an adventurous diner, but I loved the chilled fruit soups on Grandeur, followed most nights by steak, I believe it was NY strip, always done perfectly, and then a great pie a la mode. The French vanilla ice cream was very tasty. The buttermilk fried chicken was good as well as the baked chicken, but the steak was best.

Archived