Seeking Recent Coral Princess Patter

TBfrPH

We are planning to sail on Coral next year.  Have never been on this class ship so would like to get a feel for daily activities, especially live-music offerings.  Would appreciate being pointed toward patters from a recent Coral sailing.  Did some searching on this board to no avail.  Thank you all.

I would think that you should be able to get the same type of info from *any* ship on the same itinerary.  They really don't vary that much from ship to ship.  

Suggestion:  Go to any of the current roll calls for your itinerary and ask there.  I'd bet someone will be able to post what you want.

• Thanks 1

As Coral Princess has been operating in Australia for the past nine months or more, you will have more success asking on the Australia and New Zealand Cruisers forum. Am sure you would find some posted on there if you search.

6 hours ago, TBfrPH said:

We are planning to sail on Coral next year.  Have never been on this class ship so would like to get a feel for daily activities, especially live-music offerings.

There is live music every night in Wheelhouse, Crooners, and most mights in Universe.

Usually also in the Atrium and sometimes in Explorers during the Capt’s Circle lounge hours there is some  piano music.

Occasionally live music in Explorers at other times.

Obviously live music is often part of the performance in the theatre. This is sometimes followed a couple of nights later with  second show in the Universe.

There is a good range of live music onboard Coral currently, and sometimes, during peak time, there is only 15 minutes between sets.

30 minutes between sets is perhaps more usual however.

Edited by Tranquility Base
  • Thanks 2

11 hours ago, TBfrPH said:

We are planning to sail on Coral next year.  Have never been on this class ship so would like to get a feel for daily activities, especially live-music offerings.

Is your Coral Princess cruise in Australia?  We did the 28 day Round Australia cruise in April and while I never keep the Patters, I have vivid memories of the multi-talented (usually voice and multiple instruments) guest musicians who appeared in the Princess theater with the accompaniment of the ship's musicians.  We were a group of 6 with over 40 Princess cruises among us and all commented on the quality of the guest artists.  If I remember correctly they were all Aussies or Kiwis and a couple were even college professors.

If it is an Australia based cruise, I second the recommendation to ask on the Australia and New Zealand Cruisers board:   https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forum/564-australia-new-zealand-cruisers/

• Thanks 1

Two things I was reminded of looking at the Patters posted by @Kellyansapansa

• Do not miss On the Bayou - a production show specifically written to be performed in the Universe Lounge of the Coral Princess (and the Island Princess back when it had a Universe Lounge).  Go early to get good seats.  It is my favorite show of all the ones I've seen on Princess in the last 15 years.
  • If you like pizza, on sea days check the listings for Sabatini's restaurant (which is usually closed at lunch).  They frequently offer Alfredo's Pizzeria at lunch time with no charge.  It is not the full Alfredo's menu but the pizzas are great (Sabatinis on the Coral Princess has pizza ovens).
Edited by capriccio
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, capriccio said:

Two things I was reminded of looking at the Patters posted by @Kellyansapansa

• Do not miss On the Bayou - a production show specifically written to be performed in the Universe Lounge of the Coral Princess (and the Island Princess back when it had a Universe Lounge).  Go early to get good seats.  It is my favorite show of all the ones I've seen on Princess in the last 15 years.

Yes, I wholeheartedly agree! It's my favourite Princess show so far too. And you definitely need to get there early. We arrived around 40 minutes before showtime and had to sit in seats up on the top level and to the side, which wasn't ideal. Next time I'd get there 90 minutes early just to make sure I nabbed a better seat. 😊

• Thanks 1

Thank you all who responded to our request.  Late next year Coral Princess will be doing several back-and-forths between Florida and the west coast USA via the Panama Canal.  We are Californians, and this is our chance to experience this ship that is much beloved by many on this board.  We are so excited!

• Like 1

On 7/25/2023 at 9:27 PM, TBfrPH said:

Thank you all who responded to our request.  Late next year Coral Princess will be doing several back-and-forths between Florida and the west coast USA via the Panama Canal.  We are Californians, and this is our chance to experience this ship that is much beloved by many on this board.  We are so excited!

We just scheduled December 3 2024, from Fort Lauderdale to Los Angeles

• Like 1