Q on room locations to avoid - Royal Caribbean Voyager of the Seas

Hello fellow cruisers,

It looks like I’m bound for a long weekend on the Voyager this fall. Has anyone familiarity of this ship and have any tips on areas that are super noisy early in the morning, like next to staff corridors, etc? I’m not a morning person, for example. Anyway, looking forward to the trip, but just thought I’d gather tips before reserving the specific room. I’m probably booking a cheaper room, like a regular stateroom. I noticed they have some that look onto the promenade. Are those worth the extra cost?

Thanks so much!

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Mr Wug said:

Hello fellow cruisers,

It looks like I’m bound for a long weekend on the Voyager this fall. Has anyone familiarity of this ship and have any tips on areas that are super noisy early in the morning, like next to staff corridors, etc? I’m not a morning person, for example. Anyway, looking forward to the trip, but just thought I’d gather tips before reserving the specific room. I’m probably booking a cheaper room, like a regular stateroom. I noticed they have some that look onto the promenade. Are those worth the extra cost?

Thanks so much!

@Mr Wug

Thank you for your new topic on the Ask a Cruise Question forum! However, it is the forum for general questions regarding cruising. Your inquiry concerns a specific cruise line and is off topic there.

To help you out, your new thread has been moved to the Royal Caribbean International forum where it will be on topic. The majority of your fellow Cruise Critic members that have sailed RCI frequent this forum and provide feedback here. Browse through the thread titles on this forum looking for threads of interest. You will probably find your fellow Cruise Critic members have already posted questions and received answers that may be of interest to you.

Hope this will be helpful and glad to have you aboard Cruise Critic! 

Happy sails,

Host Kat

2 hours ago, Mr Wug said:

Are those worth the extra cost?

Not if noise is an issue for you.

Pick a cabin with cabins all around you and hope you don't have noisy neighbors.

Edited by Biker19

I've stayed in the promenade rooms before (on Adventure and on Freedom). It feels like just as much space as a balcony room for 2 people (I think it's actually less room, but it didn't feel much different to me).

I've never stayed in a regular inside room, but I've been inside them, and I felt that the promenade view rooms feel like they have more space simply because there's a view to the outside that allows you to visually see more space, which I felt was helpful in not feeling cramped. There's also a foot (or maybe 3ft) of additional space where the window kind of pops out, and there's a couch under it, so it just felt better than the inside room.

That being said, while I didn't mind the noise from the promenade at all, you CAN hear the music and parades and stuff like that. It's nice when you're people watching and viewing the parade from the comfort of your room, but not so nice if you go to bed early and are a light sleeper (it didn't bother me). 

There are 3 floors that have promenade rooms (6, 7 and 8). The 7th floor is the best because you don't have the promenade shops right beneath like you do on the 6th floor, and it's not so high up that you can't really people watch like on the 8th floor. 

If you're not doing a balcony cabin, a promenade would get my vote over an inside or an oceanview.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

If you want peace and quiet in an inside cabin, grab one that is all the way to the back of the ship on deck 6,7,8 or 9. It's a long walk to those cabins but they are very quiet. They are at or near the end of a hallway so you won't have people walking up and down the hallway all the time.

Different strokes... we sail interiors all the time and like them, mostly b/c we see our cabin as a place to sleep, shower, and change. Wife also likes how dark and cold they get for an occasional afternoon cat nap.

We Royal Up'd to a promenade view once on Indy last year for a very tiny amount for the heck of it and didn't care for the cabin layout or the parade noise.

Edited by OCSC Mike

I recently was in cabin 1235 on Voyager.  It was the most quiet cabin I’ve ever had.  It has a communication room on one side and one cabin next to it.  Then a crew corridor aft of it that I never saw anyone use.  The captain’s cabin was forward and I saw him sometimes.  So with the communication room next door I had stellar air conditioning (I saw the room open and it’s just some electronics, no people), and with the bridge and captain’s cabin nearby I had great Wi-Fi and water pressure.  This is a virtual inside cabin.  

• Like 1

We have sailed in promenade cabins several times on Voyager-class ships, and have found that taking the highest deck and avoiding those with connecting doors results in a quiet enough cruise. You might hear some music on the nights they have special events on the promenade (like 70s night), but otherwise it is a great alternative to an inside cabin with no window or the expense of a balcony cabin if you're looking to economize. There's also less movement because these cabins are more central. We like the window seat and the view onto the promenade, and of course are sure to close our curtains when we don't want our across-the-way neighbors to see in.