Retreat Tote Bag?

LMHSRN

3 hours ago, Obobru said:

Always see people getting off ships with these bags, they scream "I'M A TOURIST, ROB ME" 

I am not sure why people want them or why cruise lines give them out, do people not take their own bags on cruises? We do. Disney also does it which helps local criminals target which people to pick pocket for expensive phones. 

We use them on the ship to carry around books, kindles, sunglasses etc. 

23 minutes ago, barneyboy said:

We use them on the ship to carry around books, kindles, sunglasses etc. 

they do come in handy..even for visits to the solarium, thermal suites and spa

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Obobru said:

Always see people getting off ships with these bags, they scream "I'M A TOURIST, ROB ME" 

I am not sure why people want them or why cruise lines give them out, do people not take their own bags on cruises? We do. Disney also does it which helps local criminals target which people to pick pocket for expensive phones. 

If you’re getting off a ship isn’t it kind of obvious you’re a tourist, bag or no bag? We like the bags and use them when we’re headed to a beach.  And I am sure local criminals will spot the expensive phones when people start taking their photos with them which I am sure almost all of us do. 

• Like 1

On 7/27/2023 at 3:38 AM, Obobru said:

Any experienced pick pocket can tell who is a tourist Long before they see what brand of Cruise Line bag you are carrying?

Is just one less thing to drag along in our luggage.

• Like 1

On 7/27/2023 at 6:04 AM, hcat said:

some ports are often not as safe as expected....tourists are often easy targets

Have to agree --- Many tourist with or without a tote bag are so obviously a tourist they draw immediate attention to themselves.    Having lived in the U.S., Europe and Asia we often kid and say want to play - "Spot the American".  

All too often the way one dress (men with Bermuda short, black knee socks and sandals) and what they carry (maps,phone etc) is a instant give away.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

"Spot the American".

All too often the way one dress (men with Bermuda short, black knee socks and sandals) and what they carry (maps,phone etc) is a instant give away.

"Spot the American" ??

LOL :

---Did you forget about us Canadians wearing a Montreal Canadiens t shirt and hat and swearing in French-----( when " you know who " displays the xyz she just bought on " sale " that will end up in the junk drawer at home )? 

---How about those slobs with a knap sack containing 4 bottles of water ,6 sandwiches and 9 cookies they snuck out of the OVC hitting people ( me ) in the face while deciding on a $125 Rolex. 

--- Who d'ya think them old farts sittin on benches outside the stores are ? 

Mind you it's a good way to meet people--- One time a man with an accent even asked me if it's cold up there when I told him where I'm from.