Retreat Tote Bag?

LMHSRN

Here is what we received recently.  The one on the left (cream color) was in a CS on the Summit in May.  
The one on the right was from E class, like the detachable small pouch. 

No zipper or snap closure or pockets on either.  About 2” IMG_0726.thumb.jpeg.3772ad592e1f0bfc35a4c7ecf09c1d2a.jpegwide.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, hcat said:

rhe gray ones are nice but I preferred the old navy bags.. but they are useful either way

Agree particularly since they came with the case with handles and had a zipper to close the bag.

• Like 4

39 minutes ago, jelayne said:

Here is what we received recently.  The one on the left (cream color) was in a CS on the Summit in May.  
The one on the right was from E class, like the detachable small pouch. 

No zipper or snap closure or pockets on either.  About 2” IMG_0726.thumb.jpeg.3772ad592e1f0bfc35a4c7ecf09c1d2a.jpegwide.

Same ones we've received in the standard balcony staterooms on the E, M and S class ships. 

Edited by davekathy
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, davekathy said:

Same ones we've received in the standard balcony staterooms on the E, M and S class ships. 

Why did you have to report that?  Now we have someone who feels they are not getting something special.  

(You are correct.  We got the same ones in Aqua).😶

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, davekathy said:

13 minutes ago, keesar said:

Why did you have to report that?  Now we have someone who feels they are not getting something special.  

(You are correct.  We got the same ones in Aqua).😶

We have gotten those type of totes since we starting sailing with X.  We were Elite and that Captain Club level got the nicer tote regardless of cabin category. Maybe Elite still receive them.

2 hours ago, jelayne said:

We have gotten those type of totes since we starting sailing with X.  We were Elite and that Captain Club level got the nicer tote regardless of cabin category. Maybe Elite still receive them.

I use them for beach and pool then leave them in the cabin. Don't need any more shopping bags at home.

17 minutes ago, danceswithphones said:

I liked those, too. I'm sure there are a couple of those around here somewhere.

Two-piece and part of it folded up as I recall. 

I once got a Celebrity key chain and credit card holder with my navy bag.

• Like 1

We have never been in the Retreat staterooms but on our last Celebrity cruise we received a nice tote from Captains Club that my Wife liked so much we took in on our first Oceania cruise 2 weeks ago.

I told her to bring it because here on CC people were saying O had been telling guests for a long time that the Tote that is promised in Concierge staterooms is "NOT available due to Supplier Issues".

Sure enough when we checked our O stateroom the Tote was not there!

Ask at Guests Services and got the Supplier Issues excuse so my wife carried her Celebrity CC tote everywhere on and off the ship.

Funny thing was that  O had 2 types of tote bags Available in the ships store for Purchase?

• Like 1

22 hours ago, LMHSRN said:

Is there a difference between Suite Catagories with the bags?

I hope I'm not reading this question re the color of the tote bag as being a status symbol , similar to wearing a lanyard indicating your Captain's Club level on Celebrity.

17 hours ago, drakes2 said:

I once got a Celebrity key chain and credit card holder with my navy bag

LOL-- I heard about that and tried to get a key chain on our last two cruises, but, they told me I needed 20,000 more points to qualify.

When I saw the Captain ( forgot his name ) he told me " Pinboy, it's only a friggin key chain, so, just enjoy the cruise, and bye the way, stop looking at that " old fart " with the 32 yr old " !!!

1 hour ago, Pinboy said:

I hope I'm not reading this question re the color of the tote bag as being a status symbol , similar to wearing a lanyard indicating your Captain's Club level on Celebrity.

LOL-- I heard about that and tried to get a key chain on our last two cruises, but, they told me I needed 20,000 more points to qualify.

When I saw the Captain ( forgot his name ) he told me " Pinboy, it's only a friggin key chain, so, just enjoy the cruise, and bye the way, stop looking at that " old fart " with the 32 yr old " !!!

Yeah its a pretty crappy key chain which I've never used. The card holder is not so bad. 

9 hours ago, drakes2 said:

Yeah its a pretty crappy key chain which I've never used. The card holder is not so bad. 

Is it similar to / same as the card holder they give you for you in the suites?

6 hours ago, DaKahuna said:

Is it similar to / same as the card holder they give you for you in the suites?

Never been  in a suite but its a navy key chain with X logo and Celebrity cruises on it.  The card holder is grey which I use for my cards on excursions. 

13 minutes ago, drakes2 said:

Never been  in a suite but its a navy key chain with X logo and Celebrity cruises on it.  The card holder is grey which I use for my cards on excursions. 

the small card holders are great..we have them in blue and gray..  use them at home..no magnets which is good..

• Like 1

Always see people getting off ships with these bags, they scream "I'M A TOURIST, ROB ME" 

I am not sure why people want them or why cruise lines give them out, do people not take their own bags on cruises? We do. Disney also does it which helps local criminals target which people to pick pocket for expensive phones. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Obobru said:

Always see people getting off ships with these bags, they scream "I'M A TOURIST, ROB ME" 

I am not sure why people want them or why cruise lines give them out, do people not take their own bags on cruises? We do. Disney also does it which helps local criminals target which people to pick pocket for expensive phones. 

of course we bring our iwn bags and use the others at home.

i think the bigger top off are the white sneakers...they def stand out esp overseas!

2 hours ago, Obobru said:

Oh wow.  Things must be really rough in your country.