Indian Food in MDR or Buffet on Majestic Princess

Retirement2016

I can confirm that there's Indian food in the buffet everyday.  Among the choices are daal, naan, papadum, spinach paneer, and various meat curries.  On Indian food theme nights, there will be biriyanis and chutneys.  There's more, but that's all coming to mind right now.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, SCX22 said:

I can confirm that there's Indian food in the buffet everyday.  Among the choices are daal, naan, papadum, spinach paneer, and various meat curries.  On Indian food theme nights, there will be biriyanis and chutneys.  There's more, but that's all coming to mind right now.

Thank you SCX22.  My daughter will be a happy camper on the cruise.

If you love spicy Indian food don't expect to find it on Princess. My wife has been pleasantly surprised a few times to find very tasty Indian food but, while very tasty and well seasoned, it was not at all spicy hot. I've tried the Indian offerings a few times and they have generally been good but I love spicy hot and that just is never going to happen with Princess. I have wondered about asking to speak with staff to see if they could fix something for the next night but it hasn't really been worth the effort as I always manage to find something that suits me anyway.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Thrak said:

If you love spicy Indian food don't expect to find it on Princess. My wife has been pleasantly surprised a few times to find very tasty Indian food but, while very tasty and well seasoned, it was not at all spicy hot. I've tried the Indian offerings a few times and they have generally been good but I love spicy hot and that just is never going to happen with Princess. I have wondered about asking to speak with staff to see if they could fix something for the next night but it hasn't really been worth the effort as I always manage to find something that suits me anyway.

@Thrak I think you are going on an Australian cruise soon, right?  We found Indian offerings almost every other night (if not more often) on the MDR menus in April.

On our 28 day Round Australia cruise our senior server was from India.  My sister, traveling with us, years ago had a Fulbright teachers scholarship for a summer in India.  She and the waiter got along from the start and when her husband said Indian food was one of his favorite cuisines we were offered 'specials' when there wasn't at least one Indian dish on the MDR menu (there were more Indian offerings than I've ever seen on a Princess cruise).  When he found out that my brother-in-law and husband could handle the heat, he brought out a plate of spices to add to the dishes to really liven things up.  Even the head waiter (who wasn't Indian) started stopping by our table to see how we liked each dish.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Thrak said:

My daughter does not like spicy Indian food so it's perfect.  Thank you for your input.

• Like 1

On our last cruise out of Southampton, a different Indian dish was on the princess favorites section of the menu in the MDR every night - along with fish and chips. I didn't realised they changed so am still kicking myself for missing out on my butter chicken.

We were told on one cruise by the section waiter there was always an Indian dish on offer in the MDR each night but it wasn't always on the menu You had to ask your waiter about the Indian selections.

This was after Princess dropped the Indian/ Italian etc menu nights from the MDR.

It may be the Indian dish from the buffet but if other family members want to eat in the MDR it would work out to order it in the MDR.

25 minutes ago, sewgood said:

This was after Princess dropped the Indian/ Italian etc menu nights from the MDR.

What ?!

IMG_3745.jpeg.e8382c8218aa79598cf0ec0415
Photo from Saturday on the Regal

Edited by EDVM96