Deluxe balcony sky princess

Trixie21

Just want to double check something 

We are ready to book a deluxe balcony on sky princess. 

Catherine picture of the cabin shows a separate seating area with a sofa , which the picture of the regular balcony does not.

I just want to confirm that these pics are accurate. We would definitely want the separate seating area with the sofa on a 14 day cruise.

Any particular cabins/decks you recommend or should avoid? We always book a deck which is between passenger decks to minimise any noise from public areas . Any noise on sky princess with cabins which are beside the lifts?

The cruise comes with 300 dollars OBC. This would be our first Princess cruise. Is this OBC  able to be spent on the cruise planner booking things like excursions etc in advance of the cruise , or must it be spent onboard?

I

9 minutes ago, Trixie21 said:

Just want to double check something 

We are ready to book a deluxe balcony on sky princess. 

Catherine picture of the cabin shows a separate seating area with a sofa , which the picture of the regular balcony does not.

I just want to confirm that these pics are accurate. We would definitely want the separate seating area with the sofa on a 14 day cruise.

Any particular cabins/decks you recommend or should avoid? We always book a deck which is between passenger decks to minimise any noise from public areas . Any noise on sky princess with cabins which are beside the lifts?

The cruise comes with 300 dollars OBC. This would be our first Princess cruise. Is this OBC  able to be spent on the cruise planner booking things like excursions etc in advance of the cruise , or must it be spent onboard?

It's actually more a love seat than a sofa, but yes it is a place to sit.

Some of the deluxe balconies mid-ship in the 'bump-out' area have a bit larger balcony.

If you want to go with a really large balcony partially covered and pay a bit more for a premium deluxe balcony, there are some on Dolphin deck 9 -- forward D146-D225 or  aft D711-D725.

You can see the larger balconies on the deck plans.

Yes, you should be able to purchase excursions prior to sailing using OBC, but that's all you can use it for before sailing (to my knowledge).

I don't know what a Catherine picture is, so I can't confirm accuracy. I have found pictures on the Princess website are representative, and the pictures on Cruisedeckplans are reliable.

We have stayed in cabin above the theater and tend to turn in early. Have never heard show sounds during late showtimes, or other public areas for that matter. Sound insulation is very good.

May not be what you are looking for, but if you want space at a value price, consider the forward facing L and M deck cabins. Railing is metal, not glass though.

You can prebook your excursions using OBC. 

Yes, two seat sofa.

It has been reported that on some sailings deluxe balcony bookings are guarantee only. Check this out for your sailing.

Some deluxe balcony cabins have larger balconies which are partially uncovered. You can find these at the deck plans on the Princess web site. Standard balcony size for non extended balconies is 9ft x 4ft. The Princess site also shows which cabins are connecting cabins if you are looking to avoid them. Check the connecting cabin box on the deck plan site.

After booked if the $300 OBC shows in the credit section under payments for your cruise it can be used pre-cruise to book excursions. The OBC can not be used pre-cruise for anything else. Any credit balance, OBC, will net against any on board purchase except for the purchase of future cruise deposits. Future cruise deposits are charged directly to your credit card.  

There are some BD grade balconies which don't have a couch Butchers have larger balconies on Dolphin deck D701-710.  If you want the couch/love seat, you will have to go Premium deluxe D711- D725.

20230524_035554.jpg

Edited by LWhit

"There are some BD grade balconies which don't have a couch "

Post #5 is somewhat misleading. It is mixing up cabin categories as well as mixing up the word "premium."

Any cabin category that begins with the letter "B" is a balcony category cabin. They are BA, BB, BC, BD and so on. Balcony category cabins do not have sofas.

All deluxe balcony category cabins begin with the letter "D" such as D4, DA, DB, DC and so on. They all have 2 seat sofas.

In the Princess system cabins that end with a number such as D4 are considered "premium." This may refer to factors such as location on the ship, larger balcony or maybe other factors. Interiors of all "D" category cabins are the same unless an exception in red print is noted on the Princess deck plans.

The blue cabins shown in the photo in post #5 are category D4 cabins. As an example cabin M619 is also a deluxe balcony cabin, category DC, on deck 15. The interior will be the same as say D720. However, you will see that M619 is a connecting cabin. If you search around the deck plans you will find many deluxe balcony cabins, a few are connecting cabins, most are not. 

• Like 1

Dolphin deck on Sky Princess is an anomaly and different to many of the other Royal class ships.  Enchanted is the same and we have D705 booked for this reason. 

Standard balconies D701-710 are a category BD grade with no couch And a large balcony.  

Next door to these are D630/631 and are still BD grade but small balconies. 

Premium deluxe balconies have 2 seater couch and are classed as D4. They are aft between the penthouse suites and have larger balconies, some are aft and some are forward on the sides.   Those on the picture I posted are D711-725 and the 4 blue aft between the pink penthouses. 

Other deluxe balconies are grades DC-DA and have a couch and are on tge side of the ship.  

Hope this helps and hasn't confused anyone.  

Edited by LWhit

Dolphin deck has lifeboats directly below.  It really didn't impact our Sky sailing and, hopefully, not our upcoming Enchanted sailing but, in future, I wouldn't book anything below Baha.