Equator Crossing and Shellback Initiation

EarlyDawn

49 minutes ago, EarlyDawn said:

We're crossing the equator on the NCL Spirit this December and wondering if ship passengers have an opportunity to earn "Shellback" status?

Yes we were on the Spirit Hawaii to Tahiti. Crossed middle of night and day after received certificate in cabin.

• Thanks 1

on a repo cruise from Miami to Santiago-  there was a parade, party and ceremony.

Great fun -  except that it was intended for the pool deck-  but because of rain-  got moved inside to Bliss-  had a great time 

• Thanks 1

We had a crossing the line ceremony out on the pool deck on my recent Athens to Cape Town B2B on the Jade.  Received a certificate in the cabin the next day 🙂

IMG_5829.JPG

Edited by BigRedFan
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I did the U.S. Navy version as a Marine aboard USS Reagan everyone got a shellback card, but we didnt just wake up to it in our suites there was hell to pay, good times looking back now. I'm sure the cruise ship version is far different than the aircraft carrier version.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Davechipp74 said:

I did the U.S. Navy version as a Marine aboard USS Reagan everyone got a shellback card, but we didnt just wake up to it in our suites there was hell to pay, good times looking back now. I'm sure the cruise ship version is far different than the aircraft carrier version.

My husband was a Marine serving aboard the Oklahoma City back during the Vietnam era.  We lived in Japan for two years. He said they had quite an initiation ceremony.

• Like 1