I’m a newbie to NCL. I need a “Free at Sea” tutorial.

twonpcb

I understand why some people would need decent wifi- many reasons I wont go into.  But if none of this applies to you, then why bother?  Why not just "unplug" and relax.  I did get on the internet because my partner had some extra deal through CAS because it was there.  But I turned my phone off and it stayed off.  Like I said, I know some people "work" on board (my partner, the reason for the wifi he had) others have situations at home where they have to be in contact, or medical needs etc. But if none of this applies, does anyone just not bother with the wifi?

17 minutes ago, ggTexasGal said:

If you order one of the water packages, it is delivered to your room (and nobody is checking who is consuming it).

Yes just wondering if it was the same as alcohol package can’t seem to order 1 online

4 minutes ago, latebuyer said:

Are you expected to tip on top of the auto gratuities at the bar? I’m also wondering if this is the case at specialty restaurants. Its a hot topic on rcl board, not sure what its like at ncl. Also, are mocktails included?

Only if you want to.  Your service will be just as good regardless of whether you tip or not.  Mocktails are included in FAS drink package. Fresh squeezed fruit juice is not.

Edited by laudergayle
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, latebuyer said:

I’d like to know cost to cost out whether drink package is worth it if i mainly have mocktails. They were cheap on rcl! I’m also wondering if you can get the pop package instead of open bar package?

I don’t think they substitute, plus mock tails are not included in the soda package.

Do NCL specialty dining package go down in price at any point? Currently am seeing the 2 meal package at 118 per person.

Also, is it possible for 4 people to go for specialty dining, when 2 of them are on package, and the other 2 are doing ala carte?

• Like 1

17 hours ago, latebuyer said:

I’d like to know cost to cost out whether drink package is worth it if i mainly have mocktails. They were cheap on rcl! I’m also wondering if you can get the pop package instead of open bar package?

I don't recall exact costs, but it seems like somewhere in the $5-$6 range.

1 hour ago, darkhorizon said:

Do NCL specialty dining package go down in price at any point? Currently am seeing the 2 meal package at 118 per person.

Also, is it possible for 4 people to go for specialty dining, when 2 of them are on package, and the other 2 are doing ala carte?

Packages have only been rising in costs!  Yes, one couple may use "package" while the second couple pays ala carte. Have you looked at any menus?  The Ala Carte pricing could quickly add up in just one restaurant to what the package costs for two!  Below, I have an example link for Los Lobos (happens to be on PRIMA, but should be same on all ships).

https://www.ncl.com/sites/default/files/PRIMA_Los-Lobos_Mobile-Menu_010823.pdf

52 minutes ago, ggTexasGal said:

Packages have only been rising in costs!  Yes, one couple may use "package" while the second couple pays ala carte. Have you looked at any menus?  The Ala Carte pricing could quickly add up in just one restaurant to what the package costs for two!  Below, I have an example link for Los Lobos (happens to be on PRIMA, but should be same on all ships).

https://www.ncl.com/sites/default/files/PRIMA_Los-Lobos_Mobile-Menu_010823.pdf

I have looked at the menus. Actually, we got the packages as part of FAS for 1 room (just paying gratuities seemed worth). The other room we got was on a fare which did not allow FAS. Also, we are going just for the experience and to try something new, since we have a 15 night cruise, and might get bored of MDR. We are vegetarians, and 90% of the menu would be out of bounds. Hence thinking to order just a couple of items in ala carte, for the people who are not on package, if it is allowed.

45 minutes ago, darkhorizon said:

I have looked at the menus. Actually, we got the packages as part of FAS for 1 room (just paying gratuities seemed worth). The other room we got was on a fare which did not allow FAS. Also, we are going just for the experience and to try something new, since we have a 15 night cruise, and might get bored of MDR. We are vegetarians, and 90% of the menu would be out of bounds. Hence thinking to order just a couple of items in ala carte, for the people who are not on package, if it is allowed.

Ala Carte IS allowed.

• Like 1

I’m thinking of booking getaway 3/7/24 from my home port of NY. I’m a CCL cruiser; haven’t been on NCL in ages. I’m a solo

cruiser. With the free drink package/gratuities I’d only be charged for ONE PERSON, correct? And with all the talk of SD are there free places to eat?!?  TIA 

5 minutes ago, Crusin Karen said:

I’m thinking of booking getaway 3/7/24 from my home port of NY. I’m a CCL cruiser; haven’t been on NCL in ages. I’m a solo

cruiser. With the free drink package/gratuities I’d only be charged for ONE PERSON, correct? And with all the talk of SD are there free places to eat?!?  TIA 

Yes and yes.

9 minutes ago, Crusin Karen said:

Thanks but I just did a prelim booking and I’m being charged $218 gratuities for free drink package even tho I have  1 passenger??? 

Isn't it a 10-day cruise? Drinks packages gratuities are 21.80 per person per day.

8 minutes ago, Asawi said:

Isn't it a 10-day cruise? Drinks packages gratuities are 21.80 per person per day.

Yes-they’re charging me for 2 passengers when there’s only 1.  I should be charged $109 not $218. I just did  a live chat with them. Waste of time! 

1 minute ago, Crusin Karen said:

Yes-they’re charging me for 2 passengers when there’s only 1.  I should be charged $109 not $218. I just did  a live chat with them. Waste of time! 

Isn't it a 10-day cruise! That makes 218 PER PERSON. So 218 for one person!

1 minute ago, Crusin Karen said:

Drink package is $109 per day PER PERSON + Gratuities (20%) = $109 + 21.80 (20% of $109) PER PERSON. For 10 days it is $1090 + $218 (gratuities). As part of FAS, you only pay the gratuities.

38 minutes ago, darkhorizon said:

Drink package is $109 per day PER PERSON + Gratuities (20%) = $109 + 21.80 (20% of $109) PER PERSON. For 10 days it is $1090 + $218 (gratuities). As part of FAS, you only pay the gratuities.

Ok. Where did I come up with $109/pp? Thought that was the gratuities!!! And it’s only Monday lol! Thanks!!! 😵‍💫🙃 

6 minutes ago, Crusin Karen said:

Ok. Where did I come up with $109/pp? Thought that was the gratuities!!! And it’s only Monday lol! Thanks!!! 😵‍💫🙃 

But now you've learned 2 things on a monday morning ...

1) the cost of the FAS gruituities for you as a solo , and 

2) any questions you have for the live chat agent .... Skip it , and bring them here !

Lol

Cheers

• Like 1

Oh my gosh y'all, you're moving too quick on a Sunday/Monday for this guy. I really, really, really think you need to review the terms and conditions. After doing so, come back and ask your questions. Stop confusing yourself with the full price of the drink package (that you ain't paying) and the service charge part. Just go to the T&C's, please! I think my head just spun around ten times reading this (it's me - it's Monday - I'm tired so maybe someone else can understand). 

https://www.ncl.com/about/terms-and-conditions/promotions

• Like 1
  • Haha 1