Green Lane/Blue Lane

socmft

My husband and I have been in the "Green Lane" for a month (which I am pretty sure simply means all of my information has been entered for our cruise) - today we're in "Blue Lane." When I check our information, it is al entered and correct. I've got time before our cruise (October) for it to fall back into place, but it just does make me anxious when things like this come up.  I was only able to get private table reservations in one of the three dining rooms and with the help of PacnGoNow was able to figure it out.. Some days just frustrating when it doesn't really have to be.  Mini-vent over...have a nice day everyone!

3 hours ago, sabookkeeper said:

If you have not ordered your medallion to be delivered to your home, you will be changed back to Blue Lane.

That might be the reason - we are picking medallions up when we sail.

We sail in Feb and originally ordered medallions to be picked up at port. That put us Blue. We decided to have medallions to ship to us, now we’re Green. To do this you first have to cancel the existing medallion ship to port order, then place a new order for your medallions specifying the shipping to you. Put in your address and payment, order and $10 later you’re Green! (assuming you have all the other required info in place) Getting our medallions pre cruise is a ritual that we want to keep. 😀

14 hours ago, highflyingrealtor said:

We sail in Feb and originally ordered medallions to be picked up at port. That put us Blue. We decided to have medallions to ship to us, now we’re Green. To do this you first have to cancel the existing medallion ship to port order, then place a new order for your medallions specifying the shipping to you. Put in your address and payment, order and $10 later you’re Green! (assuming you have all the other required info in place) Getting our medallions pre cruise is a ritual that we want to keep. 😀

We’re going to be traveling the month prior to sailing - that’s why we’re picking them up at the port. Guess we’ll stay blue.

Well...we have 2 bookings for which we were "green lane".  Up until a couple of days ago, that is.  Both cruises showed as "blue".  I had already ordered medallions for both cruises (we are in the US) but when I started investigating...BOTH orders had mysteriously disappeared from the system.  We are booked as "Plus fare" on both sailings.  I went through the motions again...and suddenly we're back in the green lane.

Middle of last December for our January 4 cruise out of Buenos Aires, our medallions were shown as shipped. Plenty of time to get them before departing on December 30 or so we thought. They ended up being stuck in Carson, CA for almost two weeks and when released (I think it's a Customs facility) they made it to our home on December 30 around 1PM. Unfortunately we had left the house for the airport at 10 AM.

I'm making this too long so now I'll cut to the chase. We found that getting to the port without medallions when Princess expected you to have them, is the worst case. In the terminal they make an old-style cruise card for you so you can board the ship. That takes a while. Then you're supposed to go to Guest Services where they'll make you a new medallion. We all know how busy GS is at embarkation. The line was forever, even for Elite/Suites! Not the way to start a cruise.

So lesson learned, we'll take the five minutes to pick up medallions at the port and never again ask for them to be shipped to our home. Besides, it's just one more thing to remember to pack!

Edited by beg3yrs
fixed a typo
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, socmft said:

We’re going to be traveling the month prior to sailing - that’s why we’re picking them up at the port. Guess we’ll stay blue.

Don’t worry for a moment, if you’re in the blue lane.  It only takes a few more minutes to pick it up at the port.

Really not a big deal.

Happy cruising.

• Like 1

As most everyone knows this topic has been discussed a lot. I saw a couple of posts that said the blue lane was faster because more people had their medallions already and it slowed down the green lane. You never know. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, nasa1974 said:

As most everyone knows this topic has been discussed a lot. I saw a couple of posts that said the blue lane was faster because more people had their medallions already and it slowed down the green lane. You never know. 

Boarded Emerald Princess today in San Pedro. They have a Green lane, if you already have your Medallion. EVERYONE else is Blue lane, no line for Elite. A separate line for extra assistance and that’s it. I arrived at 10:30 and there was a LONG line already, as many arrived early, took 40 minutes. So for this sailing, Blue line was a lot longer, with no priority for Elites. 

At least once I received my Medallion, boarding had already started, so I was able to board immediately about 11:10. 

3 hours ago, wallyj said:

Boarded Emerald Princess today in San Pedro. They have a Green lane, if you already have your Medallion. EVERYONE else is Blue lane, no line for Elite. A separate line for extra assistance and that’s it. I arrived at 10:30 and there was a LONG line already, as many arrived early, took 40 minutes. So for this sailing, Blue line was a lot longer, with no priority for Elites. 

At least once I received my Medallion, boarding had already started, so I was able to board immediately about 11:10. 

San Pedro can be a bit different. Were you boarding in berth 92 or 93?

On 92 (Blue tent) they will have people line up before security then when they open you will get a bunch of people flooding through at once.  Have seen some pretty long lines before they open security  Usually 93, the building, is a bit better if the ship is docked there.  

1 hour ago, ldtr said:

San Pedro can be a bit different. Were you boarding in berth 92 or 93?

On 92 (Blue tent) they will have people line up before security then when they open you will get a bunch of people flooding through at once.  Have seen some pretty long lines before they open security  Usually 93, the building, is a bit better if the ship is docked there.  

We were boarding at 92. I posted the comment because I also boarded the ship in July and they had an Elite line. I am assuming because of the ‘new’ protocol of not having a medallion shipped making everyone without going to Blue line. I thought a previous thread mentioned there would still be a priority lane for elites/suites and that is not the case at 92.