Can we ask for/fit 2 lounge chairs on our Epic floor 13 AFT Balcony cabin?

sunnyday819

We are very new to cruising and having a great time but it’s a learning process.  We booked a transatlantic on the Epic and our PCC recommended aft deck 13. I just want to make sure that we can ask for 2 lounge chairs and that they will fit on deck 13 aft (non haven).  I’ll have my kindle fully loaded and I am really looking forward to relaxing on my balcony. We are well aware that the Epic is an odd duck so being able to make the most of the balcony on our 10 total sea days is very important to us. Thanks in advance. 

1 hour ago, sunnyday819 said:

We are very new to cruising and having a great time but it’s a learning process.  We booked a transatlantic on the Epic and our PCC recommended aft deck 13. I just want to make sure that we can ask for 2 lounge chairs and that they will fit on deck 13 aft (non haven).  I’ll have my kindle fully loaded and I am really looking forward to relaxing on my balcony. We are well aware that the Epic is an odd duck so being able to make the most of the balcony on our 10 total sea days is very important to us. Thanks in advance. 

Aft-Facing Balcony floor plan

• Like 1

I pasted an image from NCL's website of the look of the Aft balcony. We were on the Epic last December in a Club Balcony cabin, and 2 lounge chairs would fit (albeit somewhat tightly). Enjoy your cruise!

• Like 1

When you say lounge chair do you mean a chair that does not recline? Or are you meaning a lounger? Based on the graphic (and not personal experience) @DCGuy64 posted, it doesn't look like a lounger would fit. I'm pretty sure all NCL balconies come with two lounge chairs. 

15 minutes ago, cruiseny4life said:

When you say lounge chair do you mean a chair that does not recline? Or are you meaning a lounger? Based on the graphic (and not personal experience) @DCGuy64 posted, it doesn't look like a lounger would fit. I'm pretty sure all NCL balconies come with two lounge chairs. 

Looking for personal experience since we don’t have any.  I am thinking about something more comfortable than a chair which is what is pictured. A friend said we should be able to ask for and fit two lounge chairs or pool lounger again maybe I am not using the correct wording. I have looked at the deck plans and YouTube videos so just hoping someone on cruise critic will be able to answer yes or no or maybe if you ask nicely. 

I don't know about Norwegian, but sometimes there is a foot stool that stows under the chair, thus providing you with a semi-lounger. The back may not recline, but the feet can go up! 

Another option is to buy a small, inflatable footstool. We have both an inflatable seat cushion and footstool that we stick in the luggage for cruises.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, panoramaofthepast said:

I don't know about Norwegian, but sometimes there is a foot stool that stows under the chair, thus providing you with a semi-lounger. The back may not recline, but the feet can go up! 

Another option is to buy a small, inflatable footstool. We have both an inflatable seat cushion and footstool that we stick in the luggage for cruises.

I did think about getting an inflatable footstool. My husband thought I was joking. Can’t wait to show him this! I think it’s a great idea. 

19 hours ago, Homosassa said:

You can always ask, don't expect to receive....

I think that’s that best plan of action. What I was really trying to figure out is it the balcony has the extra room and if would at all possible to switch out the chairs. 

Edited by sunnyday819

Years ago we were in aft facing 10318 next to the secret stairs.  When we arrived balcony was set up with two chairs and one table.  We asked room steward for a lounger and helped him carry it through the cabin.  We had the two chairs and table on one side of balcony and the lounger on the other.  I posted photos on Cruise Critic years ago and pirated copies are on cruise deck plans (lol recognized my purse).

Here is a YouTube video by Louis Salvino of aft facing 12310.   Our balcony was a little wider but depth appears same looking at the lounger layout.

Loved the aft facing cabin but there was always some vibration and coming in to port was an early morning alarm clock 🙂

• Like 1

8 hours ago, kjquilts said:

Years ago we were in aft facing 10318 next to the secret stairs.  When we arrived balcony was set up with two chairs and one table.  We asked room steward for a lounger and helped him carry it through the cabin.  We had the two chairs and table on one side of balcony and the lounger on the other.  

Thank you. Great video. Looks like we’ll be able to fit them. 

9 hours ago, kjquilts said:

Years ago we were in aft facing 10318 next to the secret stairs.  When we arrived balcony was set up with two chairs and one table.  We asked room steward for a lounger and helped him carry it through the cabin.  We had the two chairs and table on one side of balcony and the lounger on the other.  I posted photos on Cruise Critic years ago and pirated copies are on cruise deck plans (lol recognized my purse).

Here is a YouTube video by Louis Salvino of aft facing 12310.   Our balcony was a little wider but depth appears same looking at the lounger layout.

Loved the aft facing cabin but there was always some vibration and coming in to port was an early morning alarm clock 🙂

The thing that surprises me the most about this video tour is that they were able to get the partition between adjacent balconies opened.  Usually NCL insists that those remain in place.