Some Questions

Socal404

15 hours ago, jwindham said:

If they do an App and do NOT make me use it that would be fine. Did my last RCCL cruise last October to celebrate my birthday with a friend who had never cruised. They kept telling me that what I need to know was in the App and the only reason I knew what to do or to ask about was because I was diamond with them. I turn my phone off and throw it in a drawer when cruising and that will never change. I was raised by a mother that took the phone off the hook to take a nap. I am just not going to be that connected. I have a great camera for pictures that is water proof so I can use it snorkeling or can take pictures in the rain as I had to in Iceland on my one and only trip there. And it fits in my pocket and I plan to use it next February in Antarctica as it can go to zero in temp. But I understand this day and age people wanting that technology. Just do not make me have to use it if I want a simpler life style. Julia

If O had an App, I would opt in. I've also cruised on RCCL and found their app not only very useful but it  cuts down on paper substantially.  The end of cruise invoice on RCCL is sent via email. Eliminates many reams of paper.  Contrast that to Oceania where you get numerous pieces of paper every day in your cabin. At the end of the cruise that pile is big. Multiply that by the number of cabins and that is a lot of paper.

I am not obsessive with my phone but I don't turn it off and put it away for the length of the cruise. When I'm off the ship for a shore excursion or just walking around town, there is absolutely no way I would go without carrying my phone.

Again to each his own. I will not be connected like that. I have lived that way for 70 years so it works for me. I do turn it on a few times on the trip to check in with home but on the ship. I just do not take it on tours. Julia

• Like 2

On 8/10/2023 at 2:04 PM, jwindham said:

If they do an App and do NOT make me use it that would be fine. Did my last RCCL cruise last October to celebrate my birthday with a friend who had never cruised. They kept telling me that what I need to know was in the App and the only reason I knew what to do or to ask about was because I was diamond with them. I turn my phone off and throw it in a drawer when cruising and that will never change. I was raised by a mother that took the phone off the hook to take a nap. I am just not going to be that connected. I have a great camera for pictures that is water proof so I can use it snorkeling or can take pictures in the rain as I had to in Iceland on my one and only trip there. And it fits in my pocket and I plan to use it next February in Antarctica as it can go to zero in temp. But I understand this day and age people wanting that technology. Just do not make me have to use it if I want a simpler life style. Julia

What kind of camera do you have?  My son needs one and it definitely needs to be waterproof.

On 8/9/2023 at 12:24 PM, AMHuntFerry said:

I think you may have misunderstood me. I was joking that if I were peacefully relaxing and someone with a device was blasting music or videos, I would be tempted to blast right back. I wouldn't do it, but it would tempt me. I'm more likely to ask politely if they wouldn't mind using earbuds.

I was on Nautica two weeks ago and two women were in the dining room next to us FaceTimeing another women.  They basically yelled into their phone all through dinner sometimes standing and doing a panarama with the camera. I would have preferred terrible music over that!!  It was utterly ridiculous.  I said something to a waiter but they did not know what to do so they just ignored it.

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, the more ports the better said:

I was on Nautica two weeks ago and two women were in the dining room next to us FaceTimeing another women.  They basically yelled into their phone all through dinner sometimes standing and doing a panarama with the camera. I would have preferred terrible music over that!!  It was utterly ridiculous.  I said something to a waiter but they did not know what to do so they just ignored it.

Just think how much more fun it will be when every cabin has 2 wifi accounts 🙄

Usually  they say no cell phones in the dining venues  but I guess Facetime is not really using your cell phone to some

Speak to the Maitre'd  & hopefully they  have some common sense

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, LHT28 said:

Just think how much more fun it will be when every cabin has 2 wifi accounts 🙄

Usually  they say no cell phones in the dining venues  but I guess Facetime is not really using your cell phone to some

Speak to the Maitre'd  & hopefully they  have some common sense

FaceTime in dining venues to me seems to suggest lack of class or consideration of others….or both. 
Who possibly thinks this is okay?  It’s beyond me. 

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/18/2023 at 7:38 PM, babydrum said:

What kind of camera do you have?  My son needs one and it definitely needs to be waterproof.

Sorry was on a cruise and I turn off my stuff while vacationing. It is a Olympus TG. It is the 2nd one I have had and I love them. Julia