Live onboard Norwegian Viva: Ask Us Your Questions

Hi everyone!

Cruise Critic is sailing aboard Norwegian Viva's first sailing. We're on from Trieste to Civitavecchia (Rome) for a quick look at Norwegian's newest ship.

Feel free to ask us your questions, and check out our first coverage and photo tour live from the ship here: https://www.cruisecritic.co.uk/news/norwegian-viva-photo-tour-live-from-norwegian-viva-s-first-cruise

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

Hi - Can you confirm what live entertainment options are available. I know Beetlejuice is not ready yet but are all the other advertised ones taking place  everything else (Icons, Ocean Music Fest, Press your luck,  Syd Norman's, Improv at sea)?

Thanks 

• Like 1

Ooooolalala you lucky goose, Aaron! I'd love to be on V!va, but at least I get to try out Pr1ma in a couple months.

Anyway, I'd love to hear all about the differences between the two ships. Based on everything I've read, it seems the changes will only be minor. Can you confirm this? Are there any apparent changes? 

Looking forward to anything you information you can provide and have a wonderful time! Remember to just sit and enjoy the waves and wind for a bit while you're on your working trip. 

• Like 5

If you have a balcony cabin, does your outside wall rattle and creak loudly? That was the case with many of us on the Prima. Hopefully that bug has been ironed out on the Viva.

Otherwise, based on the pictures, it looks almost identical to the Prima. 

Enjoy the new ship smell.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, RektorOfTroy said:

Has the MDR menu changed from the Prima's unchanging menu approach?

i’m not aaron, nor do I play him on TV, nor am i onboard the viva.

but I think I can answer this one.

the prima itself reverted to rotating menus back in april or may. the prima no longer has a fixed menu. NCL abandoned that strategy months ago, presumably based on highly negative feedback from many. so, most of us here on cruise critic assumed that viva, too, would have rotating menus, just as the prima now does. it would be odd for NCL to reintroduce a failed experiment on its newest ship.

but, again, i’m not onboard.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, UKstages said:

the prima no longer has a fixed menu. NCL abandoned that strategy months ago, presumably based on highly negative feedback from many.

I’d seen that change on the Prima reported here, but I’ve also seen reports that they reverted the revert. 

18 hours ago, JeanKC said:

Hi - Can you confirm what live entertainment options are available. I know Beetlejuice is not ready yet but are all the other advertised ones taking place  everything else (Icons, Ocean Music Fest, Press your luck,  Syd Norman's, Improv at sea)?

Thanks 

Hi JeanKC -- right now it's just Beetlejuice that's missing, as far as I can tell. Icons, Syd Norman's, Improv at Sea are all up and running - and very popular! Standing room only at Syd's last night.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

11 hours ago, schmoopie17 said:

If you have a balcony cabin, does your outside wall rattle and creak loudly? That was the case with many of us on the Prima. Hopefully that bug has been ironed out on the Viva.

Otherwise, based on the pictures, it looks almost identical to the Prima. 

Enjoy the new ship smell.

No rattle at all. In fact, the balcony room I'm in is incredibly quiet. And you're correct: the ship is fairly identical to Norwegian Prima in terms of design and decor; a few small changes to the arrangement in the Food Hall, and the Hydrotherapy Pool is now divided into three sections.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

17 hours ago, RektorOfTroy said:

Thanks for your coverage and for answering questions! Has the MDR menu changed from the Prima's unchanging menu approach? Does Indulge Food Hall have its own Starbucks location? 

I dined at the MDR last night, which was very good. I'm getting confirmation on whether the menu rotates or not (it's been a big topic of discussion onboard!).

Food Hall does not have its own Starbucks; the only one is in the Atrium on Deck 7.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

14 hours ago, DCGuy64 said:

Enjoy your cruise, @CruiseCriticAaron. Would love to know how the food is in the main dining rooms.

I dined at Hudson's last night and found the food to be very good. Service and food quality were on par with what I'd expect. I'd happily go back!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

We sailed on the Prima, outside the Indulge Food Hall there was a kiosk that I believe started as a serve yourself beer taps......it was next to what I call the "Bird Cage" hanging seats, is that kiosk still there ?....is it in use ???.....when we sailed, it was used to store Mops and Mop Buckets. Is the rear of the ship covered in soot as it was on the Prima ?

Edited by Beer Belly
  • Thanks 1