Does Millie have metal walls

floralscent

A few months ago, I asked if Millie had metal walls as I was interested in knowing if it was worth bringing my magnetic hooks onboard. Most said yes but I’ve read on a few vlogs that were live from the Millennium and they said that she does not. Can someone please verify? We are in a C3 category. 

Thanks!

We sailed in a Suite and only the doors and the magazine holder in our room was magnetic.  The walls were not.  

We take magnetic hooks with us to hang lightweight items, such as hats, and just used the back of the stateroom door.  We also used them on the back of the bathroom door for items we used in bathroom. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, DaKahuna said:

We sailed in a Suite and only the doors and the magazine holder in our room was magnetic.  The walls were not. 

Did you try the ceiling? They always seem to be magnetic and that's where we attach our hooks. It's also better because magnets stick better in that direction rather than sliding along a wall.

• Like 1

On 8/12/2023 at 9:10 AM, chengkp75 said:

The walls are metal.  They may not be magnetic, though.  Sometimes they are aluminum, and sometimes even steel walls have sufficiently thick vinyl covering to render most common magnets useless.

I think your Heavy Vinyl may be the answer.     I have been in CS and RS suites and the door magnet (Do Not Disturb) would slightly stick to the walls but would slowly slide down the wall. 

• Like 1

On 8/12/2023 at 11:45 AM, mahasamatman said:

Did you try the ceiling? They always seem to be magnetic and that's where we attach our hooks. It's also better because magnets stick better in that direction rather than sliding along a wall.

Yes the ceilings are magnetic but we did not try using it.  We had nothing we really needed to hang that did not fit on the three hooks we put on the doors. 

3 hours ago, DaKahuna said:

Yes the ceilings are magnetic but we did not try using it.  We had nothing we really needed to hang that did not fit on the three hooks we put on the doors. 

The ceiling was great for drying out clothes (jacket) during my Alaskan cruise. 

• 3 weeks later...

We were on the Millie in April and August - 2 different rooms. In April we were 2 weeks in a Sky Suite - the magnets on worked on the wall that had nothing on it. Across from the couch and closet. The magnets did not work on the couch wall.

In August we had an interior cabin for 2 weeks and they worked on all the walls except were the TV was located. We use the larger and smaller ones. The larger ones hold coats, pants and sweatshirts. The smaller ones work for hats, belts tee shirts. Also bring a mesh shoe bag to hang on your bathroom door - lots of extra storage for your little stuff. We like an organized room. Good luck! 

5 hours ago, JLMcruise said:

We were on the Millie in April and August - 2 different rooms. In April we were 2 weeks in a Sky Suite - the magnets on worked on the wall that had nothing on it. Across from the couch and closet. The magnets did not work on the couch wall.

In August we had an interior cabin for 2 weeks and they worked on all the walls except were the TV was located. We use the larger and smaller ones. The larger ones hold coats, pants and sweatshirts. The smaller ones work for hats, belts tee shirts. Also bring a mesh shoe bag to hang on your bathroom door - lots of extra storage for your little stuff. We like an organized room. Good luck! 

Magnets will work below the tv where the wall is indented.