Bed near balcony or bathroom

29 minutes ago, nasa1974 said:

So, on Wonder 10242 will have the bed by the balcony since it's between two cabins that can sleep 4. 

25 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Correct

Well, I guess there is a first time for everything, and it looks like Utopia will be the same thing. All the cruises I have taken the bed has always been by the bathroom. If I get up in the middle of the night I hope I make it.  🤣

7 minutes ago, soupchef said:

totally thought I had it but then someone said Quantum class is the opposite. So 11658 is bed by the bathroom for Odyssey? (My brain hurts) 

11658 is bed by the bathroom (since 11670 is).

image.png.8d9615a33b2ee7c6d6d82f0a4d193955.png

Edited by GimmeOcean
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, GimmeOcean said:

11658 is bed by the bathroom (since 11670 is).

image.png.8d9615a33b2ee7c6d6d82f0a4d193955.png

13 minutes ago, soupchef said:

Thanks for setting my brain straight!

You have to watch where cabins take a jog and are not lined up as that affects the configuration.

In this case go by 11652 which is a quad cabin and all quad cabins have the bed by the bath which means that 11658 has the bed by the balcony

3 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

You have to watch where cabins take a jog and are not lined up as that affects the configuration.

In this case go by 11652 which is a quad cabin and all quad cabins have the bed by the bath which means that 11658 has the bed by the balcony

Thanks for the correction.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, karena1 said:

I just looked for our Wonder for our October cruise and looks like we will have the bed by the balcony-YEAH.  I much prefer the bed by the balcony, makes the cabin feel bigger.

Glad I'm not the only one! We used to like the couch by the balcony so we could eat breakfast on the couch while looking out but ever since I had a bed by the balcony, it's my favorite layout. The room does seem bigger and makes getting ready way easier since you have more space. I also love laying in bed looking out the window and now we just have breakfast in our balcony 🙂

• Like 1

• 5 months later...
On 8/14/2023 at 6:19 AM, Psycho and Barb said:

I copied this from WAAAYTOOO and use it all the time.

1.  Imagine yourself standing in the hallway, and on the deck layout, find the closest set of connecting staterooms (double-sided arrow). The stateroom on the right side of the double arrows is the "right" configuration (I call that the "right" configuration b/c I prefer this arrangement AND it is located on the right side of the adjoined pair.  Just makes sense).  The stateroom on the left is the "wrong" configuration.

2.  Then begin moving toward your cabin, alternating, right, wrong, right, wrong.  When you land on your cabin, you will know whether it is the "right" (bed by the balcony) or "wrong” (bed by the bathroom).

If you don't place yourself INSIDE the ship, in the hallway you will get it exactly backwards...so be sure that you are "counting" from the inside perspective, not the outside of the ship.  Sorry if that's confusing.  Trust me, I have made that mistake before.

Reviving this thread to see if this strategy applies on Icon.  Using this formula looking at cabin 11196 on Icon, it is a "wrong" which means bed is by the bathroom, correct? 

On 8/28/2023 at 5:31 PM, texangal39 said:

Does anyone know if this pattern will hold true on the Icon? I have an Infinite Balcony and am trying to figure it out.

I have an infinite balcony as well and want to know!

1 hour ago, qkd0314 said:

I have an infinite balcony as well and want to know!

From what I’ve heard most dislike this category of cabins because the A/C is sucked out and turns off when you open the window. I will probably like it because I love everything about vacationing because it’s better than being at home working! I also like the thought of expanding my cabin a bit and having a window that opens. But, if nothing else I prefer my bed by the balcony; a must for me!

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
18 minutes ago, mallshopper said:

How do you know the way the bed is facing, forward to bow or back toward aft.

Find pics/videos for a similar cabin on a site cruisedeckplans.

12 hours ago, mallshopper said:

How do you know the way the bed is facing, foward to bow or back toward aft.

I get sea sick & I must sleep facing the way the ship is sailing.

On Oasis class oceanview balconies

Port side

- bed by the balcony you will face aft when lying in bed

- bed by the bath you will face forwards when lying in bed

Starboard side 

- bed by the balcony you will face forwards when lying in bed

- bed by the bath you will face aft when lying in bed

For Central Park and Boardwalk balconies it is the opposite of the above

On 5/17/2024 at 7:47 AM, Ourusualbeach said:

On Oasis class oceanview balconies

Port side

- bed by the balcony you will face aft when lying in bed

- bed by the bath you will face forwards when lying in bed

Starboard side 

- bed by the balcony you will face forwards when lying in bed

- bed by the bath you will face aft when lying in bed

For Central Park and Boardwalk balconies it is the opposite of the above

On 9/6/2023 at 4:33 PM, BND said:

Didn't see this answered.  Radiance class JS, bed is by the bathroom.

So all JS have this same set-up on Radiance? We have two pairs of connecting JS and wondered if they will all be set up identically. Thanks. 

12 minutes ago, surgie said:

So all JS have this same set-up on Radiance? We have two pairs of connecting JS and wondered if they will all be set up identically. Thanks. 

Yes, as far as I know.  We've been on Jewel (Radiance class) twice in JS and all the JS I've seen are identical, except for which direction the room is (bed on left of right side).  And by "seen" I mean the ones we've stayed in and the ones we've walked by when the door is open.  Vision class is the same way.

• Like 1

On 5/16/2024 at 7:36 PM, mallshopper said:

How do you know the way the bed is facing, foward to bow or back toward aft.

I get sea sick & I must sleep facing the way the ship is sailing.

I get seasick if I don't medicate, but honestly if you took me blindfolded into a room with the curtains closed, I could never tell you which direction the bed is facing.  I always take meclizine.