Just got an email outlining the "NEW" offerings

canadarocks

4 hours ago, whitecap said:

You have added the blue writing it appears.  It is not so stated on the email I received.  This is more pee poor communications from a staff that appears to be former Disney characters.  Honestly, I have been trying to take all of this in stride but after receiving this email and seeing the contradiction, I'm getting pretty disheartened.  

We received the same email today. But towards the end there was a paragraph that said...You currently have a package that doesn’t include these new benefits. But you can easily upgrade your package in the Cruise Personalizer® to take advantage of these additional perks.

We already purchased Princess Plus. Do they want us to pay more? Not good!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, PacnGoNow said:

I would bet if you have a beverage package, you’ll still be given an option to ship or pickup, just like it has been. Hopefully, they’ve fixed the app, so they don’t get charged the $10 fee, when it’s supposed to be free.

Maybe that was their fix.  LOL while SMH.  Take order shipping fee away so the folks who are supposed to get it free won't be charged.  I am ever-astounded at what the IT team comes up with.

2 hours ago, suzyed said:

So just for fun on my reservation I clicked to upgrade to Premiere.  It stated $540 for each of us for our upcoming 25 day sailing.  The $40 is for the increase in insurance!  I wonder if you wait and upgrade once you get on the ship do they charge for the increase insurance?

Of course not.  Nothing to be cancelled by that time.

ETA:  I think PCL HQ has us looking under rocks and behind curtains for the next thing to shaft us with.

Edited by Steelers36
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, dixiejen said:

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!! At this point, I think I’m more upset about the sheer nincompoopery of this program roll-out than the cost to upgrade!  And I can’t help but worry that by the time MY cruise rolls around in 2024, this will be an even bigger cluster if they change perks and prices again!!

Best of luck to everyone who will be sailing as the staff tries to work out the kinks!!😆

Try asking a Princess rep to take a screen shot of your package benefit info (wish I could remember the page name in POLAR, but it is the one they would look at to check it) and email it to you.  I wonder if they will do that?

At some point, the Travel Summary should catch up with the current status.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Jules59 said:

We received the same email today. But towards the end there was a paragraph that said...You currently have a package that doesn’t include these new benefits. But you can easily upgrade your package in the Cruise Personalizer® to take advantage of these additional perks.

We already purchased Princess Plus. Do they want us to pay more? Not good!

You must have the Plus @ $50/pp/day, purchased prior to Dec 14, 2022.  Either upgrade for $10/pp/day to get everything new, or pay-as-you-go for the new stuff.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, whitecap said:

There is nothing in the email that states the "fee is waived" if you have paid the OceanNow fee. Nothing,  Nothing!!  That is pretty clear.  

Disgusting. Which is it Princess ? I’m on the Sept 2 Sky princess , I’ve already been screwed by a mere 15 days  ( Aug 19 sky change date ) and now there is more confusion about whether my room service via the app will be free once I activate the ocean now $14.99.  Someone from princess needs to read this board and answer for this bait and switch again !!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

Try asking a Princess rep to take a screen shot of your package benefit info

Worth a shot…good idea Steelers!  (But I may hold off on that call since that email just came out! Guessing those phone lines will be burning up!)

1 minute ago, Moxiefurball said:

Disgusting. Which is it Princess ? I’m on the Sept 2 Sky princess , I’ve already been screwed by a mere 15 days  ( Aug 19 sky change date ) and now there is more confusion about whether my room service via the app will be free once I activate the ocean now $14.99.  Someone from princess needs to read this board and answer for this bait and switch again !!!

This particular point has been clarified dozens of times on this forum in various threads.  If guest pays the $15 Ocean Now activation fee, there is no additional charges for RS.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Thrak said:

I notice that the letter above makes no distinction between the "old" Plus and Premier and the "new" Plus and Premier packages. It doesn't tell folks that, if they have the older packages, they will now have to pay.

Under the "Come Feel the Love" message in fine print they mention that plus and premier package holders that bought in prior to 12/22 need to upgrade.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

I think we can give PCL some credit for detecting various guest situations and tailoring the email to their situations. 

Well....I just relooked at my email that invites me to upgrade to Plus/Premiere. Since it invited me to do this, I had assumed it was for my March sailing which is booked with standard fare. On closer look (ie paying attention to the confirmation number) I see it is actually for my short coastal in September, which already has premiere package. What exactly are they inviting me to upgrade to? Sigh. I keep trying to give them the benefit of the doubt...

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, ceilidh1 said:

Well....I just relooked at my email that invites me to upgrade to Plus/Premiere. Since it invited me to do this, I had assumed it was for my March sailing which is booked with standard fare. On closer look (ie paying attention to the confirmation number) I see it is actually for my short coastal in September, which already has premiere package. What exactly are they inviting me to upgrade to? Sigh. I keep trying to give them the benefit of the doubt...

You were going to be the first member of the "Ultra Premier" package.  If you only upgrade another 20 pp to a cool 100 per day, you have the opportunity to act like Robin Hood and bestow a portion of your package to those that are less fortunate. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

5 minutes ago, ceilidh1 said:

I forget if you have the $80 new package (since Dec 14), or the old package ($70?).

14 minutes ago, dixiejen said:

Worth a shot…good idea Steelers!  (But I may hold off on that call since that email just came out! Guessing those phone lines will be burning up!)

And they will show the changes good luck

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

Try asking a Princess rep to take a screen shot of your package benefit info (wish I could remember the page name in POLAR, but it is the one they would look at to check it) and email it to you.  I wonder if they will do that?

At some point, the Travel Summary should catch up with the current status.

It's under Special Requests/Gifts in Polar, BUT the new amenities are not yet in Polar so not listed (don't shoot the messenger). However, you SHOULD be able to see the new perks listed in the app (at least I can with my short September sailing that has premiere).

• Thanks 1