CruiseNext question - got lost

Hello hello. For the very first time in my life I got lost in "understanding" how CruiseNext works.

Basically, I am currently onboard and decide to book 2 B2B cruises in November '23 on Epic. As i did not have any old "cruisenext certificates" and full payment is currently due for the November '23 cruises I decided to book, the consultanto basically charged me in full the 2 cruises, he made my apply for 4 cruisenext certificates (2 x each future cruise) and he asked me wether I wanted onboard credit as a bonus for the current cruise I am on. I told him not, as I already have enough, and he told me that, 48 hours after this cruise is over, i will be refunded for an equal amount on the next cruises as it will result like an "overpayment". This sounds quite messy and technically complicated.

I coukdn't even understand excatly how much will be refunded in the end...

Anybody can enlighten me better? Before going back to the cruise consultant and asking for clarification... I feel quite stupid LOL.

Thanks

1 hour ago, allegrocontadino said:

Hello hello. For the very first time in my life I got lost in "understanding" how CruiseNext works.

Basically, I am currently onboard and decide to book 2 B2B cruises in November '23 on Epic. As i did not have any old "cruisenext certificates" and full payment is currently due for the November '23 cruises I decided to book, the consultanto basically charged me in full the 2 cruises, he made my apply for 4 cruisenext certificates (2 x each future cruise) and he asked me wether I wanted onboard credit as a bonus for the current cruise I am on. I told him not, as I already have enough, and he told me that, 48 hours after this cruise is over, i will be refunded for an equal amount on the next cruises as it will result like an "overpayment". This sounds quite messy and technically complicated.

Anybody can enlighten me better? Before going back to the cruise consultant and asking for clarification... I feel quite stupid LOL.

Thanks

once again, the cruise next staff loves to confuse people.  You will receive onboard credit on your current cruise.  Don't worry, you don't actually have to use it.  It's offsets the cost of the certs.  so, you purchased 4 certificates at a cost of $1000.  You will receive $500 in OBC, thus making your actual purchase $500. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, dbrown84 said:

once again, the cruise next staff loves to confuse people.  You will receive onboard credit on your current cruise.  Don't worry, you don't actually have to use it.  It's offsets the cost of the certs.  so, you purchased 4 certificates at a cost of $1000.  You will receive $500 in OBC, thus making your actual purchase $500. 

Yeah! You are so right. I sat 5 min and I just realized that it is easy. Just they did explain it so weird that I got totally confused. And you can imagine that I run a travel business! Basically I bought 1000 USD future certificates, I will actually pay now USD 500 for them, and after the cruise ends NCL will refund to my card 2x250 USD for each cruise in booked for Nov '23 and I had already paid in full to the travel consultant today.

If I am correct, it is much easier than the way I was told... Still figure I will have to chase up NCL for the refund of 500 USD for each of the 2 cruises booked, but if this is the procedure, I will do...

Just now, allegrocontadino said:

Yeah! You are so right. I sat 5 min and I just realized that it is easy. Just they did explain it so weird that I got totally confused. And you can imagine that I run a travel business! Basically I bought 1000 USD future certificates, I will actually pay now USD 500 for them, and after the cruise ends NCL will refund to my card 2x250 USD for each cruise in booked for Nov '23 and I had already paid in full to the travel consultant today.

If I am correct, it is much easier than the way I was told... Still figure I will have to chase up NCL for the refund of 500 USD for each of the 2 cruises booked, but if this is the procedure, I will do...

yes, but I wonder if you'll be able to apply any to your November cruise since you're past final payment.  So you don't actually have any payment due, right?  I've never heard of anyone being able to apply certs to an already fully paid for cruise which is beyond final payment.  But hey, maybe you can.... good luck.

Yeah, I don't even understand the option they were offering you. To pay the full face value of the 4 coupons on this cruise ($1000) and to hope that they refund you $500 somehow at a later date? No thanks! Take the OBC right now. You don't have to spend it on anything, because you will have already spent it all.

1 minute ago, dbrown84 said:

yes, but I wonder if you'll be able to apply any to your November cruise since you're past final payment.  So you don't actually have any payment due, right?  I've never heard of anyone being able to apply certs to an already fully paid for cruise which is beyond final payment.  But hey, maybe you can.... good luck.

I found it slightly strange too. The cruise was, thou, booked onboard today with the travel consultant. I don't know wether it makes any difference. And he said to me that in this case, as the payment is due in full, the certificate will appear as an "overpayment" and therefore refunded on the card used for the purchase of the cruise while onboard. Odd, but I want to think that it is true...

5 minutes ago, dbrown84 said:

I've never heard of anyone being able to apply certs to an already fully paid for cruise which is beyond final payment.  But hey, maybe you can.... good luck.

You can totally do this, even after final payment. If your booking qualifies, you can apply two certificates. And they will refund $250 to your card (or $500 if you added two certificates).

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, hawkeyetlse said:

You can totally do this, even after final payment. If your booking qualifies, you can apply two certificates. And they will refund $250 to your card (or $500 if you added two certificates).

Funny enough, I just received the booking confirmation saying that actually balance is due in October... Wonder why I was told (and charged) in full... Who knows. Therefore I will apply anyway the certificate once this cruise is over.

11 minutes ago, hawkeyetlse said:

cool.  good to know.  Something I had never thought of before

9 minutes ago, allegrocontadino said:

Funny enough, I just received the booking confirmation saying that actually balance is due in October... Wonder why I was told (and charged) in full... Who knows. Therefore I will apply anyway the certificate once this cruise is over.

yes, that is very strange.  Final payment is 120 days out from the cruise, so that is absolutely why they made you pay in full.  Don't know why your documents say October.  Have a wonderful cruise!!!

Sounds like you are booking with NCL Europe or UK. I think this is also why you are allowed to use 2 CruiseNext certificates even on a last-minute booking (in the US I believe you have to be 4 or 6 months out to double up).

In Europe, final payment is due 30 days before sailing. So in theory you only need to apply one CruiseNext deposit to secure the booking, and then when you get home you can get them to apply the second one and pay off the remaining balance a month before the cruise.

Edited by hawkeyetlse

Thanks

If you have spent money on board for drinks, the special restaurants, the shops, shore excursions etc, up to $500 will be refunded to you. Or it can be used for future cruises, usually one certificate of $250 for each cruise. (At present you can use two certificates regardless of the cabin type)

I always take the FFC route.

Just now, hawkeyetlse said:

Sounds like you are booking with NCL Europe or UK. In Europe, final payment is due 30 days before sailing. So in theory you only need to apply one CruiseNext deposit to secure the booking, and then when you get home you can get them to apply the second one and pay off the remaining balance a month before the cruise.

Correct. I am referring to euro rates for EU guests. Yet I had to pay all in full today, which will maek things more complicated I guess...

Correct. I am referring to euro rates for EU guests. Yet I had to pay all in full today, which will maek things more complicated I guess...

ahhhh, didn't realize this wasn't an US booking.  So, rules can be different, like 30 days for final payment instead of 120.  Guess this explains why final payment is in October.  Doesn't explain why they made you do a full payment at booking.  

On 8/15/2023 at 1:26 PM, hawkeyetlse said:

(in the US I believe you have to be 4 or 6 months out to double up).

I've never found this, but maybe we've been lucky. We just used 2 CN certs this week for a cruise in November. Final was due the day we booked. 

Edited by AlexandNessa

On 8/18/2023 at 4:15 AM, DanielNL said:

Is booking a next cruise on the ship itself cheaper than booking on land? Or are there any other benefits to book on board?

Possibly less expensive. (Lots of variables)

However, even when we have booked onboard, we usually ended-up "tweaking" our reservations later.

1 hour ago, AlexandNessa said:

I've never found this, but maybe we've been lucky. We just used 2 CN certs this week for a cruise in November. Final was due the day we booked. 

there is no 4 month rule on the current double up promo

Current Terms and Conditions:

CRUISENEXT DOUBLEUP! OFFER
Booking Window: July 25th – August 31st, 2023 11:59pm EST
Offer Details: Book ANY stateroom on any sailing and apply TWO CruiseNext, CruiseNext Haven or CruiseNext Lite deposits.

Offer valid for sailings beginning in 2023 and forward:
Guests must book at least 4-months prior to sailing for any sailing in 2023 and forward

I'm sure it has been pointed out already, but that 4 months is not for EU bookings. Our final pay (as has been pointed out) is 30 days out and my guess is that it's final pay that determins wether OK or not. (I applied my second CN to a cruise that at the time was around 70 days out. EU booking.)

Under the current promo, I’ve been able to double up on two cruises (booked with the NCL Europe office) well after final payment, like 2 weeks before sailing. The EU terms also say 4 months, but evidently they have not been enforcing that at all. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Portia! said:

Current Terms and Conditions:

CRUISENEXT DOUBLEUP! OFFER
Booking Window: July 25th – August 31st, 2023 11:59pm EST
Offer Details: Book ANY stateroom on any sailing and apply TWO CruiseNext, CruiseNext Haven or CruiseNext Lite deposits.

Offer valid for sailings beginning in 2023 and forward:
Guests must book at least 4-months prior to sailing for any sailing in 2023 and forward

I just booked a cruise last Tuesday that leaves next Friday, as well as a cruise that leaves in November.  Since it had been a discussion here (and on FB) about the 4 month rule, after completing my booking with 2 CN, I asked the NCL rep.  She confirmed that the 4 month rule does not apply to this promo.  That lines up with all (myself included) that have reported booking with less than 4 months and not having any problems.

Just now, ChiefMateJRK said:

Booking date and final payment date are usually two different dates.

not when you're within 120 days of sailing.  You have to pay in full when booking.  At least in the US.  I hear that final payment is 30 days in Europe