Live from the Silver Nova 8-21-23 to 9-1-23 Venice to Rome!!

A Tucson Guy

17 hours ago, A Tucson Guy said:

Last night was dinner in LaDame. I went into dinner thinking that since the menus were similar to Dawn and Moon last year, it was not going to be a good value at $160 pp. I left the dinner feeling like it might be worth the new up charge. First the "house" wines were way above what is served in the other restaurants. We had a great dessert wine also better than before. I ordered caviar and it was way better than the stock caviar. Since we normally order a nice bottle of wine in La Dame which is usually $100 to $150. We did not feel the need to order a special wine. Food was similar but a few new nice touches. The butter dish was topped with olive oil infused with garlic, truffles and another spice. We had them drizzle the truffle infused olive oil and the taste was subtle but you could taste the truffles. It was a magnificent meal and we felt the new up charge was OK. Restaurant was 3/4 full on the first night of the cruise. We then went to the Venetian show lounge and sat in the upper story. It felt like a concert hall and we loved it. Time to get ready for excursions and  will be back.

Thanks for the information, we’ve booked La Dame for our cruise in December—-again thanks for the update, looking forward to your writings.

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, Port Power said:

I do agree that higher level suite guests receive more privileges and attention; they pay much more, so it is quite reasonable and fair.  I was just saying that there are also other reasons for suite numbers to be given at dining venues. No need to be snarky.

Sorry, didn’t mean to be snarky.  I just get tried of people thinking everything is the same, not just this line but every line.  Again sorry it was taken that way.

• Thanks 1

I will post here regarding dress codes on the Nova. I think The Nova is what will be the SS future. Last night was optional formal and hardly any tux's at all. Many men did not wear jackets in the evening in Salt or Atlantide. Take it or leave as we still had a great evening. The show called Broadway in the Venetian lounge was just fabulous. A far cry from past entertainment.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

6 hours ago, Brad1185 said:

I’m really hoping when our cruise comes in a little over a year no jackets will be required at all. 

I'm actually completely happy with the Nova dress code.  If they roll that out fleet-wide, I will comply without a worry on Whisper in January.  [Dining rooms are often kept so cold that I want a jacket just for warmth, not style!  😉]

My report from last night's dinner in Chef's Table ($180 pp). This really was dinner and a show. There were 9 or 10 mini courses and food was exquisite. Wine was a little above average. Dinner took 3 hours and there was only 3 couple and max is 18 people. It was like an intimate dinner party and met some wonderful people. One was a retired US senator and her husband and just amazing conversation. I took a lot of better pictures than the small menu in post above- sorry. For us, it was too much food but that is not the fault of SS. I would suggest that you try it once for yourself and decide. For us, the jury is still out for doing it on the Nov. 2023 cruise. Maybe having an intimate dinner with very interesting people would have us try it again. I will try posting some food pics when I have time

• Thanks 1

There must be something wrong with me😉because this looks fabulous and I am seriously thinking about attending and yes it is more than LaDame.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, Lois R said:

There must be something wrong with me😉because this looks fabulous and I am seriously thinking about attending and yes it is more than LaDame.

It is Lois and I would definitely try it and see what you think.

• Like 1