Luggage Labels

Marmaduke

My cruise is next month and I have not yet received any luggage labels from Oceania.   Prior to previous Oceania cruises I always used to receive a personalised  "Blue Book"  whcih contained details of the excursions and luggage labels. I understand from previous threads that this book is no longer being sent out.  I have printed out my boarding card but could not see any way of printing any luggage labels, have I missed something ?  Should I contact Oceania ? I am in the UK.

JoePDX shared a nifty Word doc to create your own labels.  I'm sure I have it saved somewhere, but a search should bring it up.  Let me know if you can't find it and I'll send it along.  I assume JoePDX is OK with this!

1 hour ago, WayneLaR said:

JoePDX shared a nifty Word doc to create your own labels.  I'm sure I have it saved somewhere, but a search should bring it up.  Let me know if you can't find it and I'll send it along.  I assume JoePDX is OK with this!

I took advantage of this on my last cruise. Tags were great.  I had a problem with the ones I ordered from Amazon (the ones Joe suggested). They come with a very sturdy steel ring to attach to suitcase. However it is a screw on connection and my poor arthritic hands had trouble securing each end. Elastic bands worked though.

We are US customers and never received luggage tags nor did our TA. The terminal (Southampton, UK) had tags and we watched as they were secured to our luggage and all pieces were delivered to our stateroom. 

2 hours ago, DOJO466 said:

I took advantage of this on my last cruise. Tags were great.  I had a problem with the ones I ordered from Amazon (the ones Joe suggested). They come with a very sturdy steel ring to attach to suitcase. However it is a screw on connection and my poor arthritic hands had trouble securing each end. Elastic bands worked though.

@DOJO466 I also bought these kind of Clear Plastic Tags with the metal steel ring.  I thought I was the only one to have an issue with the fastener.  Once on, they are great though.  

On the topic of the "Blue Book". I have no idea what this is, I do live in the US.  All I have ever done with other brands is print the tags after I do the 21 day check in.  Getting fancy luggage tags from brands have been hit/miss for me.  

Cruise well and enjoy every moment. 

22 minutes ago, Sthrngary said:

On the topic of the "Blue Book". I have no idea what this is, I do live in the US.  All I have ever done with other brands is print the tags after I do the 21 day check in.  Getting fancy luggage tags from brands have been hit/miss for me.  

Cruise well and enjoy every moment. 

You are late for the party. Years ago Oceania used to send some cruise materials by mail in the nice Blue Folder which included some useful and accurate information for your cruise along with the luggage tags specially for your stateroom. Recently the folders became more colourful and information became less useful. They still mail it in the US, at least we received it for our last cruise, and luggage tags were included.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Yes, a week or so ago we received the Blue Book for our September 29 cruise. Mostly cooker-cutter generic info, but a nice touch. No information included about our 3 Shore Excursion bookings. And, our pre cruise hotel (part of an O package) was not among those listed for Barcelona.

Edited by LSuzQ
Clarificarion
  • Like 1

Last month we turned up at Copenhagen without luggage tags.  The guy there asked for our stateroom number and wrote it on the tags needed for our luggage.  It was no problem.  Luggage made it to our room without a hitch.

Unlike the time on Windstar when we arrived to find our stateroom full of suitcases.  A couple of fellow cruisers mistakenly wrote the number of their hotel room on their tags, and by coincidence, it was the same as our stateroom number.  This meant we got our own luggage and theirs too.

• Haha 3