Cruise critic style name tags

FranYAlice

Just finishing the Azamara Pursuit and we had a small group from cruise critic... I created some name tags and I have at least 20 left over. If you have an active cruise group for an upcoming trip and you'd like to have some name tags, I'm happy to mail them to you... They're pretty generic. They just say Azamara and cruise critic. No specific date or ship. There are about 8 to a page. as you may know, the cruise critic gathering is not hosted. It's just listed the first day in the insider so the ship doesn't provide any name tags

..free in the U$Screenshot_20230819-152416.thumb.png.54d4ca2a33c4d71b83fb38bdf8513b8c.png

• Like 1

2 hours ago, wjfan417 said:

The HD told me last year that Cruise Critic used to supply the name tags and no longer do so.

Given that you registered on the Azamara website for the Meet & Greet (removed since the upgrade), I suspect his recollection is wrong.

41 minutes ago, fruitmachine said:

Given that you registered on the Azamara website for the Meet & Greet (removed since the upgrade), I suspect his recollection is wrong.

I think you should reread wjfan417's post.  I'm guessing that "Last year" probably refers to when he or she was told - not to when Azamara used to supply name tags.

Long time Azamara cruisers remember fondly when senior staff would attend these gatherings. They were well-attended, lively and a great way to meet people who had been posting for months.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, tgg said:

I think you should reread wjfan417's post.  I'm guessing that "Last year" probably refers to when he or she was told - not to when Azamara used to supply name tags.

I think wjfan417 reported they were told that Cruise Critic supplied name tags. Is it credible that they shipped name tags around the world to meet each and every embarkation?  I don't think so.

I'm suggesting - as you to seem to be saying at the end of your sentence - that Azamara supplied them.

• Like 1

There used to be a link on Cruise Critic to use to register for the get together. I'm sure the registration list was sent to Azamara so that name badges could be printed on the ship.

The get together was NEVER held at the same time as sailaway.  It was normally on the first sea day. There were invitations sent to the cabin of everyone who had registered. It worked that way for years.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, tgg said:

There used to be a link on Cruise Critic to use to register for the get together. I'm sure the registration list was sent to Azamara so that name badges could be printed on the ship.

The get together was NEVER held at the same time as sailaway.  It was normally on the first sea day. There were invitations sent to the cabin of everyone who had registered. It worked that way for years.

All the Meet & Mingles I’ve been to on my 11 Azamara cruises have been on embarkation day.

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, Grandma Cruising said:

All the Meet & Mingles I’ve been to on my 11 Azamara cruises have been on embarkation day.

As @tgg said never used to be but then they started to make more intensive itineraries.

As the first full day on board is often not a sea day Azamara defaulted to moving the meeting to embarkation day.  Their argument was people might want to connect up who have set up private trips so they have to do it that day.  I kind of get that, however nothing frustrates me more as I have had on many cruises since the change, the next day is a seaday but they still insist on doing it embarkation, and of course as officers are busy and so very little if any support from the senior management team.

Never go if it’s at sail away. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, uktog said:

As @tgg said never used to be but then they started to make more intensive itineraries.

As the first full day on board is often not a sea day Azamara defaulted to moving the meeting to embarkation day.  Their argument was people might want to connect up who have set up private trips so they have to do it that day.  I kind of get that, however nothing frustrates me more as I have had on many cruises since the change, the next day is a seaday but they still insist on doing it embarkation, and of course as officers are busy and so very little if any support from the senior management team.

Never go if it’s at sail away. 

Not had any support from Senior Officers on any of the cruises I’ve been on since COVID and haven’t always had drinks served either.

15 minutes ago, Grandma Cruising said:

Not had any support from Senior Officers on any of the cruises I’ve been on since COVID and haven’t always had drinks served either.

The support was dropping off a lot pre Covid - the writing was on the wall in 2018 and 2019

• Like 1

15 hours ago, tgg said:

They used to take place around 5pm or 6pm on embarkation day. And senior offices would attend and we would have to introduce ourselves and there was nibbles and drinks. I seem to remember that badges were provided for you to put your name on. 

5 hours ago, tiggertom said:

They used to take place around 5pm or 6pm on embarkation day. And senior offices would attend and we would have to introduce ourselves and there was nibbles and drinks. I seem to remember that badges were provided for you to put your name on. 

"Used to" is different for everyone.😃  We started sailing with Azamara in 2008/2009. 

The get togethers were generally held in the library. Senior officers attended. The Cruise Director passed a microphone around the room so that people could introduce themselves and mention where they were from. People connected with the people they planned private tours with. Occasionally someone would realize that there was someone they went to high school with. The most well-attended one was over 70 people. There were always drinks and nibbles. (In those days drink were not included in your fare.)

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, combine said:

@Host Jazzbeau and @Grandma Cruising will remember the Costa Rica intensive in Jan 2018. Over 100 of us in the cabaret lounge! What a great meet up.
 Some fantastic tours arranged amongst us and  Capt Carls last cruise on Quest before  he moved to Pursuit. Ive never had a name badge since 2014.

Yes, it was great! 

• Like 1

I have organized M&Gs on several cruise, and when I remember I bring some blank name badges and sharpies.  Totally selfish:  it allows me to greet people by name for that one hour, until my short term memory erases everything as I leave the room!!!

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

34 minutes ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

I have organized M&Gs on several cruise, and when I remember I bring some blank name badges and sharpies.  Totally selfish:  it allows me to greet people by name for that one hour, until my short term memory erases everything as I leave the room!!!

I have done the same….organized roll calls and then brought name tags.

It really helps people to find who they have been conversing with on the roll calls.

Sometimes I have printed out all the names myself and other times, I just brought a pack of blank name tags for people to fill out themselves. 

34 minutes ago, takemewithyou said:

I have done the same….organized roll calls and then brought name tags.

It really helps people to find who they have been conversing with on the roll calls.

Sometimes I have printed out all the names myself and other times, I just brought a pack of blank name tags for people to fill out themselves. 

You did a great job of organizing our get together last December, making all those name tags. We thank you again.

What a shame that Azamara gave us a tiny space that is used for card playing on the starboard side of the Living Room on deck 10. It wasn't roped off so there were people playing cards as our group tried to meet and mingle.

Because it was during sailaway, half the people you made name tags for didn't show up. Those of us who did were able to walk to the bar and get drinks, meet each other, and put faces with the names.

We enjoyed dinners with several of the people we met that night.  It was a great way to start our cruise.

• Like 2

@tgg on my last sailing on Pursuit in June I happened to meet the beverage manager by chance before our meeting and she volunteered to have drinks ready for our meet and greet and the designated meeting spot in the Insider was the opposite side of the LR -that worked out much better!  We were treated very well because of this chance meeting of the bev manager……trays of drinks circulated throughout the gathering!

p.s. you are so kind! 

• Like 1