Deluxe drink package possible bargain

cuatbar58

17 hours ago, ovccruiser said:

Wow £90 or £99 per day, as said for one person even me 😀 thats way too expensive

Hi

Looking at a wine list I posted on another thread,if you are a wine lover there is a Penfolds28 for £19.95 for a 250ml glass available on the deluxe package.

Two of those plus a coffee a day pays for your deluxe package.

1 hour ago, JeanieC,Aston said:

Hi

Looking at a wine list I posted on another thread,if you are a wine lover there is a Penfolds28 for £19.95 for a 250ml glass available on the deluxe package.

Two of those plus a coffee a day pays for your deluxe package.

See my earlier post, my wife doesn't drink, so I would need to consume 2 glasses every night, cheaper by the bottle then 😀 

There are a number of couples where one of the couples does not drink, there is no allowance for one drinker per cabin. Interestingly had an email today and Fred Olsen is offering FREE drinks package on selected cruises. £99 per day on a 14 day cruise £1386 is just under the price for one person on that cruise to the Canaries. 

Cunard drinks package on cruises over 5 days is $70 (£55.81)

I know the two above cruise lines charge daily tips Cunard £9 per day and FO £5.00 per day, that is still a lot cheaper than P & O.

Edited by ovccruiser

2 hours ago, ovccruiser said:

See my earlier post, my wife doesn't drink, so I would need to consume 2 glasses every night, cheaper by the bottle then 😀 

There are a number of couples where one of the couples does not drink, there is no allowance for one drinker per cabin. Interestingly had an email today and Fred Olsen is offering FREE drinks package on selected cruises. £99 per day on a 14 day cruise £1386 is just under the price for one person on that cruise to the Canaries. 

I know the two above cruise lines charge daily tips Cunard £9 per day and FO £5.00 per day, that is still a lot cheaper than P & O.

Just off QM2 Daily gratuities were14.50$  a person per night. More for Grills 16.50 $ I think. 

2 minutes ago, Host Hattie said:

I'm not sure your figures are correct, Cunard prices for drinks are always higher than P&O.

We are discussing the daily all inclusive package price, the higher prices on Cunard would make the P & O even more expensive or drink much more. 

My gripe is that I cannot buy an all inclusive for just one person in the cabin and I certainly can't drink for 2 these days 😁🤣

53 minutes ago, ovccruiser said:

We are discussing the daily all inclusive package price, the higher prices on Cunard would make the P & O even more expensive or drink much more. 

My gripe is that I cannot buy an all inclusive for just one person in the cabin and I certainly can't drink for 2 these days 😁🤣

What about teaming up with another couple in the same boat? (loving my own pun)

ie you buy the package for you and your wife, they pay half and stick to you like glue for the cruise for the drinks?

5 hours ago, Captain Quoits said:

Just looked at your wine list post, that Penfolds 28 isn’t included on the deluxe package as there’s no D next to it. Looks like the most expensive large glass of red on the deluxe is Wirra Wirra Church Block at £12-95, that’s a decent drop in itself

Hi.

Correct…my mistake.

4 hours ago, ovccruiser said:

Hi.

I did x2 cruises with FO last year their DP is pathetic.

All house brands spirits,,about x3 choices of different wines,,,x1 beer Newcastle Brown or Heineken lager.

I you like John Smiths,Guinness or Jameson’s as I do you pay 50% of the full price.

Drinks package just paid for. £1267 for 2 adult deluxe and 2 children’s refresh packages. Thank you all for your great posts on this subject. We are very happy about the possible benefits we will enjoy but I will promise to update the board on how it pans out. The price we paid does include our 8.5% loyalty discount.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, galeforce9 said:

Does anyone know if the deluxe  drinks package covers glasses of nyetimber in the glasshouse please?  Very specific but very keen to know and can’t find the answer.  Thank you 🙂

Hi,

Yes it's included in the deluxe package but not the classic package. Its £9.15 to buy off the menu if your not on the deluxe package for a 125ml glass

• Thanks 1

Just now, Mad4WDW said:

Hi,

Yes it's included in the deluxe package but not the classic package. Its £9.15 to buy off the menu if your not on the deluxe package for a 125ml glass

Fantastic. What good news.  We’re just off Aurora and had never considered the drinks package before on our many cruises.  This is mainly because the restrictive classic package excluded most drinks we prefer such as nice wines and premium gins and fever free.

I didn’t start thinking seriously until I came back and started researching the deluxe package and then it was too late to find out on board.  However, I think if it includes these premium selections then for us it could be worth it, even though we are not big drinkers.  Nyetimber is fantastic and we prefer it to taittinger, which I think is excluded in the deluxe package.  

Do you happen to know whether the deluxe package excludes any other glasshouse wines as well as taittinger please? 

Thanks so much

5 minutes ago, galeforce9 said:

Fantastic. What good news.  We’re just off Aurora and had never considered the drinks package before on our many cruises.  This is mainly because the restrictive classic package excluded most drinks we prefer such as nice wines and premium gins and fever free.

I didn’t start thinking seriously until I came back and started researching the deluxe package and then it was too late to find out on board.  However, I think if it includes these premium selections then for us it could be worth it, even though we are not big drinkers.  Nyetimber is fantastic and we prefer it to taittinger, which I think is excluded in the deluxe package.  

Do you happen to know whether the deluxe package excludes any other glasshouse wines as well as taittinger please? 

Thanks so much

The only things excluded are the wine flights, and as you said the champers 🥂 

• Like 1

On 9/5/2023 at 4:08 PM, ParisHilton said:

What about teaming up with another couple in the same boat? (loving my own pun)

ie you buy the package for you and your wife, they pay half and stick to you like glue for the cruise for the drinks?

We've never done drinks package until this year when we did HAL Fort Lauderdale to San Diego and took the have it all package for $50 a day each which covered drinks, 2 meals in premium restaurants, internet and $200 each towards tours. We did count drinks one sea day but only got to 16 between us.  We definitely drank more (esp the first few days) but it was worth it with everything else included.  After a few days I moved to more soft drinks and mocktails. Not sure P&O is worth it at a similar price just for drinks.