Saint Greg's Alaska Jewel - Live - August 28, 2023

Saint Greg

3 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

One last story before I go to bed. This morning I had a light flickering. I didn’t report it because i didn’t want them in here working in my room on my last day. Well after Stewart was in here. And I’m in packing. Knock knock. I asked the. To give me 5 minutes I needed to get ready for that show. He said he would come back later. I just put my dnd sign up. They have time to deal with it tomorrow. I’ve had one of those on embarkation day once. Left a note for Stewart and it was taken care of. Just don’t screw with my last day to make someone else’s first day better.

It's been fun following along. I really hope you feel better tomorrow. I look forward to the wrap up. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Saint Greg said:

I’ve had Covid. Ironically it was when I got back from Alaska last year. Wasn’t a big deal. I felt bad one day. Then had one day of a cough. Then I was fine. I am vaccinated x 4 at this point.

I'm vaccinated too, but that didn't stop it. I was not amused. At least I didn't get super sick. I"ll take that as a win.
Get some sleep.   

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

I’ve had Covid. Ironically it was when I got back from Alaska last year. Wasn’t a big deal. I felt bad one day. Then had one day of a cough. Then I was fine. I am vaccinated x 4 at this point.

Pfizer thanks you!

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

5 hours ago, Saint Greg said:

Speaking of that for anyone interested Saint Greg’s NOLA trips will resume posting on the CC New Orleans board on September 10th. NOLA hotels, food and drinks will be in there. As well as some Carnival Valor arrivals..in the winter some breakaway departures. And some other ships. RCL, American cruise line (river cruises). And some occasional surprises. 

The port breakaway leaves out of which is right by the food court in the river walk mall is the best place I’ve seen to watch a ship leave from.

Looking forward to more  Nola info from you. We go on the Breakaway late  Feb. 2024 and still need to find a hotel and some music spots. Hoping crawdad season will have started by then.

• Like 3

Thank you for the fantastic review Greg.  It has brought back many memories in looking at your pictures of my cruise on Jewel in June.  I appreciate you commentary and agree with your conclusions.  I had a great time on the Jewel and liked going from Anchorage to Vancouever to see some different locations, but overall I prefer the Breakaway+ and even *gasp* Leonardo ships on the NCL fleet to Jewel.  I thought the overall entertainment in Jewel was lacking between the productions shows themselves as well as the daily activities that were going on.  I appreciate on a ship like Bliss having multiple options at night between the theater show, Beatles/Cavern Club show, comedy shows, music in different areas, atrium activities, etc.  

• Like 5

10 hours ago, Uff da said:

The shows on the bigger ships like Breakaway and Breakaway+ class tend to be better...like full on Broadway shows. I've seen Jersey Boys and Million Dollar Quartet. Both very good. I'd love to see Choir of Man, but so far the ships it's on and the itineraries I want to take have not aligned. 

Love me Choir of Men! 

• Like 6

This week I’ll try to get some videos uploaded that I wasn’t able to in ports. No video upload was happening on ship Wi-Fi. There will be more Bear videos and probably more train videos.

If you’re interested in my review on Princess, I’ll link it here so stay subscribed or keep an eye out off that. I may also link my jubilee cruise here as well for anyone who wants to see the new Carnival ship.

• Like 24

2 minutes ago, eltigre said:

Our heat wave broke & we got some long awaited rain.High today is 18C or 64F, more to your liking I think. Sorry about the clouds though, we are prettier in the sun. 🙂 

Hopefully the cooler temperatures and the rain will help dampen all the wildfires.  Been a very rough Summer for the Wildfire Firefighters.

• Like 2