Saint Greg's Alaska Jewel - Live - August 28, 2023

Saint Greg

2 hours ago, Saint Greg said:

The first class seats were looking nice. Real thick seat cushions and all.

We did Alaska first class in July from DFW to Seattle and back. Our DFW to Seattle plane was older and the wifi didn't work and the seats had seen some miles.  The return flight had the nice seats with a footrest, etc and all of the in-flight entertainment.

We also learned that first class now only gets lounge access if one of your flights is over 2100 miles. We had about 4 hours so we did pay the $30 per person day rate which they offer if the flight is less than 2100. We ended up seeing 2 lounges because of gate changes and they are very nice.

• Like 5

Woo Hoo Anchorage soon. 
Drizzle & Flood Watch - but you’re going to have a great time!!!

I think the flood watch is over for ANC - but the National Weather Service still has it listed…

Lots of rain still happening up here in Talkeetna.  I’ll be leaving here tomorrow for 100+ weather 

• Like 9

All of the Wi-Fi and TV/Movie options were the same. Actually I went back to the show I was watching and it remembered where I left off on the last flight.

For lunch I had a cookie and a fun size diet coke. No pretzels this time. I wonder if I got those because I was premium or if I got those because that was a 4 hour flight and this one is just a 3 1/2 hour flight. Anyway no pretzels this time. They were on the cart. I saw them. But none were handed out that I’m aware of.

IMG_1262.thumb.jpeg.41bff5414dfbcca2e5a136c1e3aff004.jpeg

• Like 12

5 hours ago, Saint Greg said:

Wi-Fi options

IMG_1231.jpeg

Wow that WiFi for the flight price is really good.. I’m feeling a little better about the Alaska Airlines flights I’ve got between Boston and Seattle even if they did change their timetable and I now need to be up at stupid o’clock to get the Seattle to Boston flight for the connection back to Ireland. 

Edited by eileeshb
  • Like 5