Will I get casual dining? It's not in my travel summary

MudderBear

Hello.  I booked one of the Mediterranean cruises for 2024.  I booked it last year in 2022.  At the time I did book Princess Plus.  I recently looked at my travel summary but it never updated to the new "casual dining" etc.,  Will I still be entitled to that?

20 minutes ago, MudderBear said:

Hello.  I booked one of the Mediterranean cruises for 2024.  I booked it last year in 2022.  At the time I did book Princess Plus.  I recently looked at my travel summary but it never updated to the new "casual dining" etc.,  Will I still be entitled to that?

No, you do not.  I am presuming you booked prior to Dec 14 since that covers most of 2022.  If so, you paid $50 at most for Plus package and the new items such as casual dining are not granted.  You must either pay-as-you-go or upgrade to "Plus 60" for $10/pp/day.

PS - Regardless of situation, it was apparent last week that the TS documentation had not been updated to reflect the new package additions.  Not sure if that is something being fixed over this weekend or not.  No way to know until someone reports seeing it updated, but you won't see it anyway (unless yet another bug occurs).

Edited by Steelers36

9 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

No, you do not.  I am presuming you booked prior to Dec 14 since that covers most of 2022.  If so, you paid $50 at most for Plus package and the new items such as casual dining are not granted.  You must either pay-as-you-go or upgrade to "Plus 60" for $10/pp/day.

PS - Regardless of situation, it was apparent last week that the TS documentation had not been updated to reflect the new package additions.  Not sure if that is something being fixed over this weekend or not.  No way to know until someone reports seeing it updated, but you won't see it anyway (unless yet another bug occurs).

So far we have only seen the casual dinners on our Princess app. but not on the Princess website. I assumed I had Princess 60 since I booked in February this year but I wanted to see it in black and white on Princess.  I will keep checking but I know it's on my App so I am ok...unless that disappears!

I just looked into my files, and it seems I actually booked this trip June of this year for next year.  Not sure why I was thinking I booked it last year.   

Anyway, I added up the value of my Plus items, and for one week it comes to $866.  That seems crazy.  That divided by 7 days is about $123 a day.  Yikes!  I guess $60 bucks a day is a bargain.  I'm assuming since I booked in June of 2023, I will get the casual dining.  Not that it matters as I don't mind the regular dining room.  We'll be doing very long excursions (Italian Riviera)....so we will be gone most of the day and doing a later dinner relaxing.

13 minutes ago, MudderBear said:

I just looked into my files, and it seems I actually booked this trip June of this year for next year.  Not sure why I was thinking I booked it last year.   

Anyway, I added up the value of my Plus items, and for one week it comes to $866.  That seems crazy.  That divided by 7 days is about $123 a day.  Yikes!  I guess $60 bucks a day is a bargain.  I'm assuming since I booked in June of 2023, I will get the casual dining.  Not that it matters as I don't mind the regular dining room.  We'll be doing very long excursions (Italian Riviera)....so we will be gone most of the day and doing a later dinner relaxing.

Anything Dec 14 on is Plus at $60, so you are good.

I have 4 cruises booked.  On three of them we've purchased the Princess Plus and it shows that under packages on the app. On one, we are planning on purchasing the package when we get onboard.  Under that cruise on the app under packages it shows Princess Plus 60.  We haven't paid for that.  Why would it show that?

8 hours ago, Torfamm said:

The Travel Summary hasn’t been updated but you can check in the packages section on the app to see what you have included 

Even the app can be wrong. We have four cruises booked. One with Plus-50, two with Plus-60 and one with Premier. My app shows all four cruises have Premier, the Travel Summary from the web-site correctly shows what I've booked based on the individual benefits.

Edited by beg3yrs
  • Thanks 3

On 8/21/2023 at 10:22 AM, beg3yrs said:

Even the app can be wrong. We have four cruises booked. One with Plus-50, two with Plus-60 and one with Premier. My app shows all four cruises have Premier, the Travel Summary from the web-site correctly shows what I've booked based on the individual benefits.

Oy vey!

• Haha 1

On 8/20/2023 at 6:38 PM, Steelers36 said:

Anything Dec 14 on is Plus at $60, so you are good.

Until they raise Plus to $70 (maybe at the end of 2023?), at which point some of the things that were included with Plus 60 would be upcharges.

Perhaps everybody on Plus 60 gets 3 free MDR dinners per sailing, and a "nominal fee" of $14.99 per dinner will apply thereafter.  Don't want to pay?--eat at the buffet or grab a burger/pizza by the pool.

Stupid question, I think. Does the Plus show up prior to full payment or only after you paid for the cruise? I asked my TA to add it but I don't see it if I go to the cruise personalizer on the Princess website. Would it show on the Medaillon APP? My booking is for August 2024.

• 2 months later...
On 8/20/2023 at 10:55 AM, Steelers36 said:

We booked on Dec. 15, 2022 and my Princess Cruise Planner stated we have been upgraded to the new package at no extra charge. However, on my TS it still does not state 2 free casual dining. It states everything else. Is this normal? 

Copy and paste from my TS:-

*PLUS BEVERAGE PACKAGE with SERVICE CHARGE included for guests 21 years old or older. Those under 21 will receive the Plus Coffee & Soda Package. *WI-FI is unlimited, one device per guest. *CREW APPRECIATION is pre-paid for applicable guests in the cabin *PREMIUM DESSERTS (2 per day) *FITNESS CLASSES (2 classes) *JUICE BAR *FREE MEDALLION SHIPPING prior to sailing

Effective December 14, 2022 for cruises sailing February 20,2023 and later

Edited by DHP1

2 hours ago, DHP1 said:

We booked on Dec. 15, 2022 and my Princess Cruise Planner stated we have been upgraded to the new package at no extra charge. However, on my TS it still does not state 2 free casual dining. It states everything else. Is this normal? 

Copy and paste from my TS:-

*PLUS BEVERAGE PACKAGE with SERVICE CHARGE included for guests 21 years old or older. Those under 21 will receive the Plus Coffee & Soda Package. *WI-FI is unlimited, one device per guest. *CREW APPRECIATION is pre-paid for applicable guests in the cabin *PREMIUM DESSERTS (2 per day) *FITNESS CLASSES (2 classes) *JUICE BAR *FREE MEDALLION SHIPPING prior to sailing

Effective December 14, 2022 for cruises sailing February 20,2023 and later

LOL - you weren't upgraded at no charge.  The new versions of the packages were implemented then.

You will have the two free CD credits.

Edited by Steelers36
  • Like 1

Guest Michael4650
3 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

LOL - you weren't upgraded at no charge.  The new versions of the packages were implemented then.

Agree   Those casual dining credits never show on our travel summary but when we board they are always there on the app

1 hour ago, Steelers36 said:

Thank you. I just discovered today for the first time that Princess Plus is shown in the App. Select Packages and it takes you to Cruise Personalizer where it will tell you what drink package you purchased and it will also outlines each item that is included (ie 2 free casual dining). Cross that one off my bucket list. 

Edited by DHP1
  • Like 1