Excursion cancelation questions

Bkmat

We are close to paying for our cruise in full and I then plan to book and pay for excursions I am interested in.  If we change our minds on some of the excursions, can we cancel and get credit on our our credit card?   And, how long in advance do we need to cancel if this is allowed?   

25 minutes ago, Bkmat said:

We are close to paying for our cruise in full and I then plan to book and pay for excursions I am interested in.  If we change our minds on some of the excursions, can we cancel and get credit on our our credit card?   And, how long in advance do we need to cancel if this is allowed?   

If you cancel 3 days prior to departure, you can get a credit card refund. If you cancel onboard, it must be cancelled 48 hours in advance (or on embarkation day) and you will get a refundable OBC. 

If you get OBC, please just make sure you spend it or redeem it prior to the end of the cruise.  I had a .50 balance and the front desk wanted me to spend it or take it in cash the day before because they stated you'd be sent to a long line to resolve it on disembarkment day because they can't let you off the ship if they owe you money.  I bought my kid a little duck from the arcade and was able to exit the ship with absolutely no problem.

We had a port cancelled for which we had an booked excursion. They changed it to OBC. And when I asked was told non-refundable (though I think that was wrong). When I continued to complain, the rep said she would consult another department (I forget the name). When she came back, I was told it would go back to my card since it was being cancelled well within the 48 hour cancellation limit. I was told it could take IIRC 7-10 business days to post, but it did come much quicker like 2 or 3 days I think.

Edited by ontheweb

If you cancel an excursion prior to the cruise, they will refund the cost to the CC you originally used. However, not 100% sure on the time frame for getting a refund to your CC.  You can usually cancel 48hrs prior to arrival at the port (rarely there are ones that can not be cancelled, clearly specified in the description).  If you cancel onboard or too close to your sail date, you will get OBC (refundable) - and your account must be cleared before they will allow you to disembark at the end of the cruise.

There isn't a link between booking prior to a cruise vs onboard accounts which is why OBC instead of refund to original payment method. But cancelled excursions are fully refundable in some form or another, assuming you cancel within the given time frame.  The same goes for excursions cancelled by NCL.

1 minute ago, julig22 said:

You have to call

Thanks so much for the response.

I have finally managed to find and load  the portion on the NCL website that deals with excursion cancellations and strained my eyes with the very small print to find the answers that I needed. 🥴