Boarding Time

JimC

2 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

OK, that was July 13. On July 21 I received the following with the subject: 

Booking #xxxxxx: Super important boarding info!

Last-Minute must-dos

We look forward to welcoming you on board. To make check-in a breeze, please complete the OceanReady ® travel checklist in the MedallionClass ® app:

·         Select your terminal arrival time.

·         Confirm the passage contract no later than 24 hours before boarding.

Taking these steps will help get you on board so you can start your vacation sooner!

Just now, caribill said:

OK, that was July 13. On July 21 I received the following with the subject: 

Booking #xxxxxx: Super important boarding info!

Last-Minute must-dos

We look forward to welcoming you on board. To make check-in a breeze, please complete the OceanReady ® travel checklist in the MedallionClass ® app:

·         Select your terminal arrival time.

·         Confirm the passage contract no later than 24 hours before boarding.

Taking these steps will help get you on board so you can start your vacation sooner!

I think it was well-posted that these emails keep churning out automatically and have not yet been adjusted.

• Like 1

Guest Snaxmuppet
On 8/24/2023 at 5:07 PM, Fortunate 2 travel said:

Sailed on the Regal from the Ocean Terminal.  We were there early.  No special line for check-in, but there was a lounge for  Elites, suites and Platinum.  Check-in was a breeze.  Lots of very helpful people working at the pier.  Happy sailing!!

One of the benefits we really liked when in a suite was the "board anytime" feature. That is gone now. Is there no boarding benefits now when you have a suite?

On 8/24/2023 at 10:07 AM, Fortunate 2 travel said:

Sailed on the Regal from the Ocean Terminal.  We were there early.  No special line for check-in, but there was a lounge for  Elites, suites and Platinum.  Check-in was a breeze.  Lots of very helpful people working at the pier.  Happy sailing!!

What time did you arrive?  Could you get into the terminal right away or did you have to wait outside?  And about what time did you board?  We are on her in a few weeks.

14 hours ago, Snaxmuppet said:

One of the benefits we really liked when in a suite was the "board anytime" feature. That is gone now. Is there no boarding benefits now when you have a suite?

You can still arrive at terminal to board anytime as you put it.  The boarding benefit is priority boarding and only applies if you are at the terminal amd checked in before they let guests onto the ship.  You wait in a special area and Suites and Elites go on first.  Once the terminal is cleared of waiting guests, everyone just heads right onto the ship after check-in, so there is nothing special for Suites, Elites, etc by then.

Guest Snaxmuppet
24 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

You can still arrive at terminal to board anytime as you put it.  The boarding benefit is priority boarding and only applies if you are at the terminal amd checked in before they let guests onto the ship.  You wait in a special area and Suites and Elites go on first.  Once the terminal is cleared of waiting guests, everyone just heads right onto the ship after check-in, so there is nothing special for Suites, Elites, etc by then.

Ah right. Thanks. 

What time do they normally start to let people board? I have got there early before but boarding has always started by the time we arrive so I have never been there when they open for boarding.

9 minutes ago, Snaxmuppet said:

Ah right. Thanks. 

What time do they normally start to let people board? I have got there early before but boarding has always started by the time we arrive so I have never been there when they open for boarding.

These days it seems the target is 11:00am.  You will read reports on here of a few minutes earlier or later.  Would be something unusual going on for it to be after 11:30am.

On 8/22/2023 at 11:51 AM, Steelers36 said:

I'll be Saling on the Enchanted on Oct 21, 2023, from Barcelona, Spain.  The online (computer version of the Travel Itinerary shows Check-in: 12:00 to 5:00.    Are the priority boarding members supposed to arrive at 12:00?  My wife and I are Mini STE Reserve Collection customers.   

The only reason I ask, is we want to head straight up to the Sanctuary and try to reserve some seating for 3 or 4 days before they are sold out.

Thank You

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MKAH said:

I'll be Saling on the Enchanted on Oct 21, 2023, from Barcelona, Spain.  The online (computer version of the Travel Itinerary shows Check-in: 12:00 to 5:00.    Are the priority boarding members supposed to arrive at 12:00?  My wife and I are Mini STE Reserve Collection customers.   

The only reason I ask, is we want to head straight up to the Sanctuary and try to reserve some seating for 3 or 4 days before they are sold out.

Thank You

I am not so sure that Sanctuary will sell out in Europe in late October.  But, you can expect prlority guests heading onto the ship as early as 11am.  You might want to be safer than sorry later 

• Like 1

Wholey moley! The arrival time has gone away! 😅 I have been away from Princess for too long! lol

How is there not chaos at the ports? The medallion makes that big of a difference? I love embarkation lunch in the MDR. How can that still happen if everyone can board in time to go? Crazy. I guess it's time to take another cruise and find out. lol 

On 8/27/2023 at 11:48 PM, Steelers36 said:

These days it seems the target is 11:00am.  You will read reports on here of a few minutes earlier or later.  Would be something unusual going on for it to be after 11:30am.

I'll be boarding my first Princess cruise in Melbourne (Australia) in October. Itinerary tells me boarding is from 1pm to 4pm. Is this Princess doing 'secret' boarding groups? I mean, are they assigning passengers into times rather than letting passengers choose?

1pm seems late. I've boarded other ships in Melbourne and never as late as that.

I've also booked a mini-suite (club class). Doesn't this grade of cabin have earlier boarding benefits?

2 hours ago, MKAH said:

I'm new to Princess. What is the Sanctuary?

1 hour ago, jennybenny said:

Wholey moley! The arrival time has gone away! 😅 I have been away from Princess for too long! lol

How is there not chaos at the ports? The medallion makes that big of a difference? I love embarkation lunch in the MDR. How can that still happen if everyone can board in time to go? Crazy. I guess it's time to take another cruise and find out. lol 

It's the Medallion Class App that has helped speed up check-in.  Passengers can fill in their passengers details and accept the passage contract pre-cruise in the App.  If you can complete the pre-cruise check-in steps in the App, the port agents just verify your identity with your docs and fetch your Medallion if you didn't already have it shipped to you.  If the App is glitchy for and you cannot complete check-in, port agents can do every step there or complete the steps you've failed to complete.  Everything is electronic and no need for a paper boarding pass.  

• Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, IndyKid said:

It is an adults only section where you rent a lounge or cabana.   I believe you can rent for as little as 1/2 days, but we try to do full sea days, because the regular deck area is hard to find seating sometimes.

Here is a link:

Princess Cruises “The Sanctuary” Review and Photo Tour | It's a Lovely Life! (itsalovelylife.com)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, EDDY0827 said:

All of your checking-in is done at home, long before you show up at the port.

It is really easy and slick!

Eddy, I do not have a check-in option on my Medalion App.   I drilled down all of the green check marked links as shown in this attached screenshot, and I see nothing resembling boarding times. 

Am I not looking in the correct place?

Screenshot_20230828_155217_Princess.thumb.jpg.55298352ef5eedbf036651c2f62d893e.jpg

50 minutes ago, IndyKid said:

It is an adults only section where you rent a lounge or cabana.   I believe you can rent for as little as 1/2 days, but we try to do full sea days, because the regular deck area is hard to find seating sometimes.

Here is a link:

Princess Cruises “The Sanctuary” Review and Photo Tour | It's a Lovely Life! (itsalovelylife.com)

51 minutes ago, IndyKid said:

Here is a link: