Cunard World Club Survey

Chart Room Princess

On 8/29/2023 at 8:18 AM, bluemarble said:

I think the survey can be completed on a desktop if you realize (as I did not) that the "Z" and "M" icons seen in my reply #27 are not meant to be active buttons on a desktop (as they are on a phone) but rather indications to type the appropriate "Z" or "M" key on the keyboard to answer the question.

Well why didn't they say that??????

1 hour ago, godfreyb said:

Well why didn't they say that??????

In the version I took, at any rate, it said something along the lines of "press the M key", "press the Z key" I remember thinking, "What an odd way of doing it". Easy to skim over it and understand it as "click the M button", since this is the normal behavior for a web survey. I wonder if they wanted you to be poised over the keyboard, since this was (as I recall) a speed-driven portion of the survey.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, TouchstoneFeste said:

In the version I took, at any rate, it said something along the lines of "press the M key", "press the Z key" I remember thinking, "What an odd way of doing it". Easy to skim over it and understand it as "click the M button", since this is the normal behavior for a web survey. I wonder if they wanted you to be poised over the keyboard, since this was (as I recall) a speed-driven portion of the survey.

As did my version. I was given a “practice question” to be answered using the keyboard, and was told to do so in the instructions. This is where I discovered it was necessary to continue on the laptop.

A minor inconvenience at worst…but one more thing to be irritated at iOS over.

(Disclosure: I learned computer programming decades ago using hexadecimal machine coding. The commercial operating systems from both Apple and Microsoft both have irritations.)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ExArkie said:

As did my version. I was given a “practice question” to be answered using the keyboard, and was told to do so in the instructions.

Well now I feel completely foolish. Here is what I found when I went back through the screen scrapes I took of the survey questions to record them for future reference. It looks to me like they garbled the explanations for what the 'M' and 'Z' keys mean in these instructions. But there was clearly no excuse for me missing these instructions other than my being preoccupied with copying the content rather than comprehending it.

A series of words and phrases will now appear on the screen. We would like to know whether or not you think each word or phrase applies to this loyalty program you have seen.

There are no right or wrong answers, it is just your opinion we are interested in.

Please respond using the keyboard buttons, 'M' Does not describe this loyalty program,i.e. the the word applies to this product and 'Z' Describes this loyalty program, i.e. the word does not apply to this product.

Please respond as quickly as possible, as your responses will be timed.
Please now place your index fingers on the Z and M keys and press the M key to continue
(Please note the next screen will be practice goes)

75% complete

Edited by bluemarble
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, bluemarble said:

Well now I feel completely foolish.

I'll be having my usual (daily) 5:30 PM "I feel completely foolish" glass of wine this afternoon, if you'd care to join me. Seemed it was occurring with me at much more frequent intervals, so why not embrace the concept?

• Haha 3

Thank you, bluemarble, for the screen shot. Perhaps it is just as well I didn't receive the survey.  There is no reason for it to be so complicated.  I recently completed a lengthy survey for VIA Rail Canada (train travel being my other travel passion) and it was so easy.  

It appears to me there are far too many IT people who think: "We are smart and you are not" so they make things far more complicated than they need be just to prove it.

• Like 1

Forgive me if this has been mentioned before, either on this thread or another, but I thought I'd put my two cents in regarding the possibility of changes to existing tiers & how you obtain them.

There may be a chance that Cunard opt to follow what P&O have done with their Peninsular Club - after gaining 150 "points" (which is gained after 15 nights onboard) you join the club, and from there each night you spend onboard you are awarded 10 points.

Rewards and perks are then "unlocked" as you earn more points, for example, if you have between 501 and 1,000 points you gain a 7.5% on-board spend discount. They then seem to have two tiers which are reserved for passengers who really go the extra mile with their loyalty.

I think this would make the most sense for Cunard to introduce, as then points can be awarded to existing CWC members as Cunard know the exact amount of nights sailed.

On 9/3/2023 at 10:04 AM, bluemarble said:

Please respond using the keyboard buttons, 'M' Does not describe this loyalty program,i.e. the the word applies to this product and 'Z' Describes this loyalty program, i.e. the word does not apply to this product.

Please respond as quickly as possible, as your responses will be timed.

Hilarious!

Edited by alc13

I have read all the comments with interest and as an infrequent traveller with Cunard, I don't fit any criteria.

I have travelled with Cunard five times over a seventy-one year period. Initially on a crossing in 1952,  then in 1979 followed by the QM2 inaugural crossing and then the QM2/QE2 tandem crossing in 2004.

Last December I did my first cruise on Queen Elizabeth out of Melbourne.

I have many other cruises under my belt but spread among twenty-odd different lines.

• Like 2