Cunard World Club Survey

Chart Room Princess

7 minutes ago, exlondoner said:

I imagine simply because they are at opposite ends of the bottom line. 

Oh, yeah. Another "Duh!" moment for me to be sure and more evidence they intended us to use the keyboard to answer that question even though they look for all the world like buttons to be clicked. I suppose they were meant to look like the keyboard keys to be typed rather than buttons to be clicked now that I look at them again. Thanks for your insight.

Edited by bluemarble
  • Thanks 1

I thought it was interesting that they slipped in a question about formal nights right at the end. The agree/disagree section had "All I want to do is lie in the sun, relax and drink" or something like that. I think that's code for a casual dressed-down cruise with no lectures or other 'content' activitiesduring the day. (is that anti-formal night?) And then there was one about "I enjoy dressing up for an evening with a sense of occasion." Obviously pro formal night. They just seemed so different from the other agree/disagree statements. Like an afterthought.

• Like 2

I smirked and took great joy in choosing as least important receiving a pin of recognition. I wonder how many of our dance enthusiasts received the survey. In the question asking “what would make a Cunard cruise brilliant?” I thought about those who would say they wanted more dance hosts. I haven’t seen any of them posting on this thread.

6 hours ago, WantedOnVoyage said:

Frankly, rather than the pins, the pat on the head cocktail parties, even the discounts, I'd rather be appreciated as a regular Cunarder (going back to 1977) by valuing what makes me sail with them rather than feel the company is all about changing what I like to attract folks who haven't spent a penny with the company.  Loyality seems to engender a degree of contempt with most companies now... they think you're just not hip enough and can't wait to thrust you into the brave new world of "silent disco" and dressing for dinner like it's the 19th hole.  That neither rewards loyality nor inspires future patronage. 

yes I agree however the cruise lines have to keep evolving to survive and COVID certainly exacerbated the need to continue looking for new passengers. Those of us who hark back to the golden age of sailing are slowly falling off the mortal coil and we need to be replaced with someone so I guess CUNARD is trying to find its way in the modern new world.

• Like 4

I do believe that after a period of no Cunard travel (five years?) one should lose a tier in WC loyalty. No activity within 10 years a need to start again from scratch. Barring another lockdown, etc. 
This change may thin out some at the WC parties and really concentrate on loyalty. 
Then Cunard can add higher level tiers and more benefits to the more active Cunard passengers. 

2 hours ago, NE John said:

I do believe that after a period of no Cunard travel (five years?) one should lose a tier in WC loyalty. No activity within 10 years a need to start again from scratch. Barring another lockdown, etc. 
This change may thin out some at the WC parties and really concentrate on loyalty. 
Then Cunard can add higher level tiers and more benefits to the more active Cunard passengers. 

This is another case of something that appears to be on Cunard's radar based on this question from the survey. Not necessarily being demoted a tier but the general concept of losing benefits after a period of inactivity.

"It is reasonable for points to expire if I don’t cruise for 5 years

[Strongly disagree]

[Somewhat disagree]

[Neither agree or disagree]

[Somewhat agree]

[Strongly agree]"

2 minutes ago, bluemarble said:

This is another case of something that appears to be on Cunard's radar based on this question from the survey. Not necessarily being demoted a tier but the general concept of losing benefits after a period of inactivity.

"It is reasonable for points to expire if I don’t cruise for 5 years

[Strongly disagree]

[Somewhat disagree]

[Neither agree or disagree]

[Somewhat agree]

[Strongly agree]"

I made note of that too. Five years is too harsh though. But they are toying with thinking the herd. 

4 hours ago, techteach said:

I made it 3.

And 4. I think it was the question about what would make a cruise brilliant where I added a comment about having formal nights. 

I didn't choose the pin as any of my "most important" categories. 

I wonder if the questions about how much you spend came from looking at HAL's system. You get a day credit for every day you sail (double if you're in a suite) plus another day for every $300 (IIRC) you spend on the cruise, including pre-booked items like excursions. It's only 75 day credits to get to 3-star, but the perks aren't that good. It's 200 day credits to get to 4-star, and that's when the perks get good. Free laundry, discounts for onboard restaurants and wine packages. 5-star is 500 day credits, and the perks aren't all that much better than 4-star. 

Mariner Society | Holland America

One of the questions was about honoring status level from sister lines. But with HAL giving credit for onboard spending and Cunard not doing that, status levels aren't comparable.

5 hours ago, NE John said:

I made note of that too. Five years is too harsh though. But they are toying with thinking the herd. 

I don’t think 5 years is too harsh. I don’t think someone is particularly loyal enough to receive benefits if they only travel once every 5 years or so. 

4 minutes ago, Winifred 22 said:

I don’t think 5 years is too harsh. I don’t think someone is particularly loyal enough to receive benefits if they only travel once every 5 years or so. 

I think 5 years is a little harsh. There were a number of years that I couldn’t travel because I had a sick Father to care for. There must be a myriad of family and work reasons that may prevent you from taking a break on Cunard. 

• Like 4

I would love to see loyalty across the brands. They could figure out a way to equate a night on HAL in a Verandah Suite to a Princess Grill on Cunard or something like that. You just assign points to each level on each brand. Everyone get your spreadsheets out and start plugging in those equations!

24 minutes ago, techteach said:

I would love to see loyalty across the brands. They could figure out a way to equate a night on HAL in a Verandah Suite to a Princess Grill on Cunard or something like that. You just assign points to each level on each brand. Everyone get your spreadsheets out and start plugging in those equations!

Personal issue, other people will be in different situations: If the approach is to “status match,” i.e., Cunard will grant you reciprocity to the highest level that you have earned on any one of the connected lines, that probably won’t do much for me. I have higher status on Cunard than the others. Celebrity and RCL seem to take this approach.

However, if there is a combined loyalty program, wherein one would combine points from different connected lines into a single program level that is recognized by all of them, that would be an advantage. In that case, if we were to sail Seabourn again (one TA on them so far), we would get some benefit from having given Carnival Corporation money through Cunard and HAL…we’ve only been on three of their brands.

• Like 2

Do not mix loyality to Cunard with anything else IMHO.

Senior officer parties with likewise experienced Cunard passengers are different than they would be with passengers who were loyal to Carnival or any other brand.

Also, it is about loyality not money spend. To like Cunard and to show so by coming back time after time is loyalty, inside cabin or Q1. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, carlmm said:

Do not mix loyality to Cunard with anything else IMHO.

Senior officer parties with likewise experienced Cunard passengers are different than they would be with passengers who were loyal to Carnival or any other brand.

Also, it is about loyality not money spend. To like Cunard and to show so by coming back time after time is loyalty, inside cabin or Q1. 

BRAVO !

Selecting and reserving an actual dining table could be quite difficult in QG as the table numbers and configurations change to the dictate of passengers' preferences.

Selecting an area shouldn't be too hard an ask although the ask should come with  cabin grade taken into consideration too.

I have to say though, all the folk I sort of know through meeting them year after year and so like you, are Diamond geezers, do seem to get their table preferences or approx preference if window table is asked for as there are a finite number and as demonstrated at boarding lunch, not all those requests can be facilitated.

On 8/27/2023 at 7:14 AM, techteach said:

I smirked and took great joy in choosing as least important receiving a pin of recognition. I wonder how many of our dance enthusiasts received the survey. In the question asking “what would make a Cunard cruise brilliant?” I thought about those who would say they wanted more dance hosts. I haven’t seen any of them posting on this thread.

This particular dance enthusiast didn't receive the survey, I'm afraid, so I wasn't able to cast a vote for dance hosts or quality musicians.

On 8/26/2023 at 11:01 AM, WantedOnVoyage said:

Frankly, rather than the pins, the pat on the head cocktail parties, even the discounts, I'd rather be appreciated as a regular Cunarder (going back to 1977) by valuing what makes me sail with them rather than feel the company is all about changing what I like to attract folks who haven't spent a penny with the company.  Loyality seems to engender a degree of contempt with most companies now... they think you're just not hip enough and can't wait to thrust you into the brave new world of "silent disco" and dressing for dinner like it's the 19th hole.  That neither rewards loyality nor inspires future patronage. 

Well said.  Yes, it's not just Cunard. VIA Rail Canada is promising (threatening?) to make major changes to their loyalty programme. This will offer a few minor improvements and some major downgrades.

I have not received the survey from Cunard, which is just as well considering the problems many people have had completing it.  I do not have a phone - well, not the type of phone necessary to complete the survey.  Although I have a desktop, a laptop and a tablet that may not be good enough.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, david,Mississauga said:

I have not received the survey from Cunard, which is just as well considering the problems many people have had completing it.  I do not have a phone - well, not the type of phone necessary to complete the survey.  Although I have a desktop, a laptop and a tablet that may not be good enough.

I think the survey can be completed on a desktop if you realize (as I did not) that the "Z" and "M" icons seen in my reply #27 are not meant to be active buttons on a desktop (as they are on a phone) but rather indications to type the appropriate "Z" or "M" key on the keyboard to answer the question.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, bluemarble said:

I think the survey can be completed on a desktop if you realize (as I did not) that the "Z" and "M" icons seen in my reply #27 are not meant to be active buttons on a desktop (as they are on a phone) but rather indications to type the appropriate "Z" or "M" key on the keyboard to answer the question.

Thank you for this information. If I should receive the survey I will fill it out.

On 8/29/2023 at 11:19 AM, MCC retired said:

Leave it to Cunard to install glitches making a simple survey complicated.

To be fair, the only "glitch" I encountered was that the iPad won't let me have a keyboard if it doesn't want to give me one. 

On 8/25/2023 at 12:11 PM, ovccruiser said:

Received it, started completing it but as soon as it got to Cunard only section it froze at 73% 😞 so could not complete.

Me too.  Very annoying to take the time to do the survey and then no alternative but to close the page and leave it.