Cunard World Club Survey

Chart Room Princess

11 minutes ago, NE John said:

Click to enlarge benefits card to move forward. Your browser has nothing to do with not being able to complete questionnaire. 

Sounds like there might be different issues being encountered with the survey. Here is where I got stuck. I see now I was actually at 76% complete at this point. The buttons for the "Z" and "M" responses on this page were not active on my Windows desktop PC. Clicking on those buttons did nothing so I was unable to proceed to answer the question and move forward with the survey.

When I switched to my phone to resume the survey there, those buttons were active so I could answer the question and move on to complete the survey.

CWCSurveyQuestion.thumb.jpg.27d02198cb885d4f454479b139696d8b.jpg

3 minutes ago, bluemarble said:

Sounds like there might be different issues being encountered with the survey. Here is where I got stuck. I see now I was actually at 76% complete at this point. The buttons for the "Z" and "M" responses on this page were not active on my Windows desktop PC. Clicking on those buttons did nothing so I was unable to proceed to answer the question and move forward with the survey.

When I switched to my phone to resume the survey there, those buttons were active so I could answer the question and move on to complete the survey.

Nothing is easy!  I did finish though. 

45 minutes ago, techteach said:

@roscoe39 Yeah, I knew when I posted my opinion of the gap that it would open up a discussion. But, discussion is a good thing if kept polite. Let’s see if we can do it and not have @Host Hattie close us down!

lol.....I was ducking in case some flaming balls came my way.......

3 hours ago, roscoe39 said:

received nothing Down here Downunder. I don't think we have ever received the surveys..... I guess our opinion doesn't matter.

Im trusting you guys speak up for us!

We are Diamond members also from Aust. Agree with above. We do not receive any promotional advices and the one time I contacted the World desk recently (probably not here) never received a reply. Looking to book a cruise now, first since Covid and we were offered one P2 and alternate one A2. Looking at TAs' they multiple selection in both classes.

Yes, I received this survey today, and I completed it.  Having sailed other cruise lines besides Cunard, I found it a bit of a pain trying to look up some of my membership stats for the others to share with Cunard. Not sure why they wanted to know all that--just trying to get more info about each of us!

I like loyalty programs, but I am not a fanatic, so I am sure that my opinions will not change much of what is offered (never once have I done laundry on a cruise ship, nor do I ever have any intention of doing so, as usually my cruises are not so long that I have to rewear outfits.).

However, it was fun to see all of the potential benefit ideas!

6 hours ago, techteach said:

@roscoe39 Yeah, I knew when I posted my opinion of the gap that it would open up a discussion. But, discussion is a good thing if kept polite. Let’s see if we can do it and not have @Host Hattie close us down!

I agree with Roscoe on the ease of climbing the ladder and I would be surprised if 'the suits' weren't thinking about that and another tier.

I don't get aggrieved about our mere [😄] 350 days Diamond  as opposed to a fifteen cruise Diamond with an achievable less than 60 days, but I do think another tier is warranted with complimentary Internet. I guess if we weren't QG, we would be ticking the dining possibilities even if we did have to dine with crew [😄] which we have done anyway in the past and the spa pass sounds good but apart from that

just gimme the internet!!!!  👍

50 minutes ago, Victoria2 said:

I agree with Roscoe on the ease of climbing the ladder and I would be surprised if 'the suits' weren't thinking about that and another tier.

I don't get aggrieved about our mere [😄] 350 days Diamond  as opposed to a fifteen cruise Diamond with an achievable less than 60 days, but I do think another tier is warranted with complimentary Internet. I guess if we weren't QG, we would be ticking the dining possibilities even if we did have to dine with crew [😄] which we have done anyway in the past and the spa pass sounds good but apart from that

just gimme the internet!!!!  👍

Hi Victoria, yes the internet would be good, free dry-cleaning would be great too, it can mount up on a world cruise. Maybe they are considering another tier, there are a lot of people in the 1000 day plus category and when you consider the per diem rate paid to get to that number there should be some  sort of loyalty recognition in my mind. I wonder what they could call it....Titanium? Tin?

41 minutes ago, roscoe39 said:

Hi Victoria, yes the internet would be good, free dry-cleaning would be great too, it can mount up on a world cruise. Maybe they are considering another tier, there are a lot of people in the 1000 day plus category and when you consider the per diem rate paid to get to that number there should be some  sort of loyalty recognition in my mind. I wonder what they could call it....Titanium? Tin?

Tricky route when talking  'per diem'. Where do you draw the line?

If money spent was a part factor, we'd be up there with the 1000 nighters with our measly 350 nights.and even though we would benefit if amount spent  was taken into consideration, I don't think it should as amount spent, as has been pointed out in the past, does not equate to loyalty, just the ability to pay.

One thousand nights definitely should be recognised though. Not many will achieve that and I like the idea of Tin. Lovely play on the idea of a base metal for the highest grade. 😄

Yes, include ' dry' cleaning onto free laundry list. Would save us using obc even if we do get a 20% discount now,

Edited by Victoria2

32 minutes ago, Victoria2 said:

Tricky route when talking  'per diem'. Where do you draw the line?

If money spent was a part factor, we'd be up there with the 1000 nighters with our measly 350 nights.and even though we would benefit if amount spent  was taken into consideration, I don't think it should as amount spent, as has been pointed out in the past, does not equate to loyalty, just the ability to pay.

One thousand nights definitely should be recognised though. Not many will achieve that and I like the idea of Tin. Lovely play on the idea of a base metal for the highest grade. 😄

Yes, include ' dry' cleaning onto free laundry list. Would save us using obc even if we do get a 20% discount now, the World Cruise Sectors are won by those in the 1300 plus range constantly.

sorry Victoria ....slight misunderstanding I didn't mean they should do it on a "money spent" basis it was just an example of what you have to spend to have had 1000 nights onboard and I think you would be surprised at how many are in the 1000 plus category.  

The World Cruise Sectors are filled with those winning the most cruised prizes with well over 1400 nights...thats quite an investment in any grade!

• Like 2

Interesting discussion about whether total spend should factor into the Cunard World Club reward system. There was one question on the survey asking our opinion about that topic, so that's at least on Cunard's radar.

"The more I spend/shop, the more I should be rewarded

[Strongly agree]

[Somewhat agree]

[Neither agree or disagree]

[Somewhat disagree]

[Strongly disagree]"

• Like 3

3 hours ago, roscoe39 said:

sorry Victoria ....slight misunderstanding I didn't mean they should do it on a "money spent" basis it was just an example of what you have to spend to have had 1000 nights onboard and I think you would be surprised at how many are in the 1000 plus category.  

The World Cruise Sectors are filled with those winning the most cruised prizes with well over 1400 nights...thats quite an investment in any grade!

and they would most certainly  be at the top of my loyalty tree although, Devil's Advocate and all that. loyalty is difficult to quantify in some respects. I wouldn't be surprised at all the number but I would be surprised if there were many of that elite group on a week's cruise to the Fjords for instance. 🙂

Mr and Mrs Bloggs who do their one holiday a year on Cunard  and who take an inside cabin for one/two weeks every year, are just as loyal Cunard clients as those who have a thousand plus nights on Wordldies.

Glad I don't have to make loyalty decisions as I'd be a bit of a rebel in some respects.

• Like 4

Finally completed the survey, as suggested moved the survey from my computer to phone, got past the frozen issue and completed the survey. 

Just one point I found amusing, lots of questions re discounts and gratuities, why not just sell the cruise at the best price instead of massive reductions near sailing time, there must be lots of people like me who will wait and book the cheapest fare, I am quite happy with an inside cabin.

• Like 2

Frankly, rather than the pins, the pat on the head cocktail parties, even the discounts, I'd rather be appreciated as a regular Cunarder (going back to 1977) by valuing what makes me sail with them rather than feel the company is all about changing what I like to attract folks who haven't spent a penny with the company.  Loyality seems to engender a degree of contempt with most companies now... they think you're just not hip enough and can't wait to thrust you into the brave new world of "silent disco" and dressing for dinner like it's the 19th hole.  That neither rewards loyality nor inspires future patronage. 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, WantedOnVoyage said:

Frankly, rather than the pins, the pat on the head cocktail parties, even the discounts, I'd rather be appreciated as a regular Cunarder (going back to 1977) by valuing what makes me sail with them rather than feel the company is all about changing what I like to attract folks who haven't spent a penny with the company.  Loyality seems to engender a degree of contempt with most companies now... they think you're just not hip enough and can't wait to thrust you into the brave new world of "silent disco" and dressing for dinner like it's the 19th hole.  That neither rewards loyality nor inspires future patronage. 

I couldn't care less about pins, apart from they make nice Christmas tree decorations, cocktail parties or even discounts but as a new, in the greater scheme of things, loyal Cunard passenger, I welcome the tweaks if it keeps the cruise line I love, in business.

• Like 2

We remember the days as far back to 1975 and one, a survey form was left in the cabin for all to fill out.

It was given one or two days before the end of the sailing and returned before leaving the ship..

We never got one from Cunard directly after a sailing.

12 minutes ago, Victoria2 said:

, in the greater scheme of things, loyal Cunard passenger, I welcome the tweaks if it keeps the cruise line I love, in business.

Sounds like the classic line from the Viet Nam war... "we had to destroy the village in order to save it..."

• Like 1

On 8/25/2023 at 10:51 AM, WantedOnVoyage said:

...I was interested in one of the "what I want out of a cruise" being something like "eat in the same restaurant and dress formally in an elegant group experience".... the day when that's a "negotiable" or an "option,"... forget it!!  Well at least it received one "Strongly Agree".

I made it two votes at "Strongly Agree"

Problem is whatever they do will not please everyone and many will moan about new changes. Thankfully have not received a survey so don't waste my time filling it in. Whatever is put by those who have completed it the " bean counters" will decide what is included which will cost Cunard the least amount of money and end of the day nothing is ever free. The only thing I don't think should be changed is how you get to different tier levels whether it be number of cruises or days onboard. Changing it to more you pay the higher in the tier you become is not loyalty. You are just as loyal doing 35 cruises in an inside cabin as in QG.

Edited by majortom10
  • Like 5

6 minutes ago, WantedOnVoyage said:

Sounds like the classic line from the Viet Nam war... "we had to destroy the village in order to save it..."

Destroy in order to save?

Interesting use of the phrase.

The 'village' has been pretty well 'undestroyed' on our last three cruises over the last year. Long may it continue.

14 hours ago, bluemarble said:

I started the survey on my iPad (that's where I read the morning newspapers and check email thereafter) and got to this page before it froze on me. The touch-screen functionality was not there; the directions said to use the keyboard to type the applicable letter. Evidently, the coding on their survey page did not tell the iPad that it needed to bring up the keyboard for a response and I have never found a way to convince it to give me a keyboard when it doesn't want to. I moved to the laptop (Windows 11, Firefox browser) and was able to complete it easily using the keyboard. I did not try clicking the buttons directly.

34 minutes ago, ExArkie said:

I started the survey on my iPad (that's where I read the morning newspapers and check email thereafter) and got to this page before it froze on me. The touch-screen functionality was not there; the directions said to use the keyboard to type the applicable letter. Evidently, the coding on their survey page did not tell the iPad that it needed to bring up the keyboard for a response and I have never found a way to convince it to give me a keyboard when it doesn't want to. I moved to the laptop (Windows 11, Firefox browser) and was able to complete it easily using the keyboard. I did not try clicking the buttons directly.

Oh, Duh! It never occurred to me to try typing "Z" or "M" on my desktop PC keyboard to answer that question. I didn't notice any directions to that effect although they might have been there on the previous screen for all I know. That's the obvious solution others figured out but I didn't to get past that issue on a desktop/laptop. Thanks for your follow-up.

Edit to add: Does anyone have a theory for why they chose the letters "Z" and "M" to denote what is essentially a No/Yes (Does not describe/Describes) survey response?

Edited by bluemarble

14 minutes ago, bluemarble said:

Oh, Duh! It never occurred to me to try typing "Z" or "M" on my desktop PC keyboard to answer that question. I didn't notice any directions to that effect although they might have been there on the previous screen for all I know. That's the obvious solution others figured out but I didn't to get past that issue on a desktop/laptop. Thanks for your follow-up.

Edit to add: Does anyone have a theory for why they chose the letters "Z" and "M" to denote what is essentially a No/Yes (Does not describe/Describes) survey response?

I imagine simply because they are at opposite ends of the bottom line.