What is the email to ask Viking customer service a question about a cruise we are going on?

RMLLEL

I admit that I have never needed to use either the tellus@vikingcruises.com or the chat feature. From what I have read here over the years, I would suspect that the chat feature could work well for routine questions, but if something is complex or out of the ordinary, I would use the email. The email has the additional benefit of easily providing you with a record of the response if that is needed. Other with actual experience can correct me if they have better advice.

8 minutes ago, lackcreativity said:

I admit that I have never needed to use either the tellus@vikingcruises.com or the chat feature. From what I have read here over the years, I would suspect that the chat feature could work well for routine questions, but if something is complex or out of the ordinary, I would use the email. The email has the additional benefit of easily providing you with a record of the response if that is needed. Other with actual experience can correct me if they have better advice.

The challenge that I have experienced with email is I ask for a written response, and they insist on calling me instead.  I have refused calls asking for written and it is like pulling teeth to get them to write a response.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, lackcreativity said:

You get to keep a copy of your chat text

• Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, philw1776 said:

You get to keep a copy of your chat text

Have had excellent experiences with chat for most routine requests, including cabin changes, invoice requests, confirming various details, etc.  

For more detailed requests, have also had excellent response with Tellus.

Calling V customer service recently, I've had  different answers to the exact same questions.

Note, that chat not always available when on MVJ.  Just try later.  Unlike most other websites' chat, V has real live people staffing the center.  A real plus.  Not a chatbot.

• Like 1

Thanks everyone. We didn’t have a routine question. Our travel agent promised $1000.00 OBC. She now says the agency will purchase OBC for us right before the cruise but they won’t show up on our Viking  account until we are onboard and 2 to 3 days into the cruise. I am trying to get a definite answer from Viking  that the OBC’s will show up on our account once we are at sea. I am a little nervous about their practice. We never used this agency before.

5 minutes ago, RMLLEL said:

Thanks everyone. We didn’t have a routine question. Our travel agent promised $1000.00 OBC. She now says the agency will purchase OBC for us right before the cruise but they won’t show up on our Viking  account until we are onboard and 2 to 3 days into the cruise. I am trying to get a definite answer from Viking  that the OBC’s will show up on our account once we are at sea. I am a little nervous about their practice. We never used this agency before.

I think it depends on the agency.  With our current agent, our OBC shows up after we are onboard.  With a previous large agent that dealt with automobiles 😉, we were able to use the OBC to book excursions, etc.  Either way, it has worked out for us.

3 hours ago, RMLLEL said:

Not to worry.  My TA agency does TA purchased OBC same way.  It should be posted to your onboard account within 1 - 2 days of boarding.

My TA invoice lists all perks.

Be sure to take your TA invoice with you, if a problem.  Your TA invoice shows the $1,000, right?

And you wrote the date, time and TA name down when you called, right?

Edited by FetaCheese
Clarity