Hotels in Seward?

surgie

We have decided to spend the night in Seward after disembarking from our cruise on July 19. Family of 11 - need 3 hotel rooms. The first couple I checked are sold out and I realize ai should have booked at the 365-day mark. Suggestions appreciated. 

We like the Harbor 360.  The company which owns this property also owns Major Marine so at times offers packages including the hotel room and a MM excursion.

We have also stayed at the Edgewater.  It was fine but the room was literally crowded with furniture.  Sometimes less is better.  We prefer the Harbor 360.

Seward has a number of airbnbs, cabins and other hotels.

• Like 1

Thank you. Harbor 360 is sold out as well. I'm usually on top of things like reservations the minute they become available but we recently decided to spend a night in Seward instead of going on to Anchorage. I'll keep looking. 

9 hours ago, AKStafford said:

Have you called the hotel directly to make sure they are sold out?

I have not called but have emailed directly to hotels and received prompt responses. Some offered to put me on a waiting list, some require 2 nights stay, others are sold out and do not offer a waiting list. I did find 3 rooms at the Breeze Inn which will do but they are cancellable so I'll continue to look. They have full beds, not queens, so not ideal for two adults.

19 hours ago, PGtheWineMaker said:

@surgie Grande Alaska Lodge, 212 Bear Drive, 907-519-8538 is a great location for you to check out.  You can see a few photos if you check them out on TripAdvisor.  We stayed for 4 nights in 2022.  It is walkable to the cruise port and the downtown.

Looks nice - I just contacted them. Thanks for the recommendation.

Is anyone associated with the military - a military retiree maybe?  If so, the Seward Military Resort probably has a lot of space and far more reasonable.  It MIGHT be worth it for you to rent a vehicle for the one day so that you can get into more accommodations out at Miller's Landing area or get something through VRBO or airbnb.  Hotels are going to be probably insane then anyway.  You might have to get creative but here is an example of a place at Miller's Landing.  You might have to book 2 places.  https://www.millerslandingak.com/oceanfront-inn-duplex-downstairs-suite/    You wouldn't have to try and get some kind of big vehicle...you could shuttle people...stuff isn't that far.  Open up google maps for Seward and then tighten the search to Miller's Landing.  There you will see various places on Resurrection Bay.  Don't look at the google maps availability because it won't be turned on or accurate; instead use Visit Site under the calendar.  

Go to Booking.com and put in Seward.  I found a few places there.  Sourdough Lodging, Exit Glacier Lodge.  Sourdough Lodging is right in Seward.  Exit Glacier Lodge is out by the glacier in Seward.  Exit Glacier is highly recommended to see. 

If you're looking to also go on a Kenai Fjords National Park Cruise while you are in Seward you should reach out to Major Marine Tours, they can book cruise and hotel packages with the Harbor 360 Hotel and Gateway Hotel and will definitely have rooms available for next year.

On 8/29/2023 at 6:32 PM, surgie said:

Thank you. Harbor 360 is sold out as well. I'm usually on top of things like reservations the minute they become available but we recently decided to spend a night in Seward instead of going on to Anchorage. I'll keep looking. 

When I checked online It showed Harbor 360 was sold out for the date I needed, yet when I called the hotel directly, it was no trouble booking.  And it was cheaper than what they showed online.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Glaciers said:

Look at the Windsong Lodge. It’s about 4 miles out of Seward towards Exit Glacier. They do have a shuttle into the downtown area and have a restaurant onsite.

I haven't stayed there but I have stopped there and it looks like a great lodge. I took a guided hike they were offering to Exit glacier once. I would stay there. I agree - it is worth looking at.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Coral said:

I haven't stayed there but I have stopped there and it looks like a great lodge. I took a guided hike they were offering to Exit glacier once. I would stay there. I agree - it is worth looking at.

Windsong looks great and does have availability for the 3 rooms I need. But we won't have cars and it looks like it is somewhat out of town. I fond availability at the Breeze Inn in town and wonder if it's just for a night if that might be more convenient with the kids (ages 5-11). Plus it's more than double the cost of the Breeze Inn - as it should be based on the pictures.I haven't reached out to Windsong to see if they offer a shuttle. So not knowing Seward I'm in a bit of a quandary. Appreciate your input. 

21 hours ago, Coral said:

We drove down from Anchorage and stayed a couple nights there early in the season one year. It was nice to have the car as they didn’t have the shuttle at the time like they do now. The restaurant had just reopened for the season and it was packed with locals. They were so happy that the seasonal restaurants were reopening and were beating the crowds that were to arrive shortly. We would stay there again.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Glaciers said:

We drove down from Anchorage and stayed a couple nights there early in the season one year. It was nice to have the car as they didn’t have the shuttle at the time like they do now. The restaurant had just reopened for the season and it was packed with locals. They were so happy that the seasonal restaurants were reopening and were beating the crowds that were to arrive shortly. We would stay there again.

When I was there in 2003, they had a shuttle that ran quite frequently. I don't know if it is has consistently ran through out the years. I had taken the train in and didn't have a car.

Edited by Coral

20 minutes ago, surgie said:

Windsong looks great and does have availability for the 3 rooms I need. But we won't have cars and it looks like it is somewhat out of town. I fond availability at the Breeze Inn in town and wonder if it's just for a night if that might be more convenient with the kids (ages 5-11). Plus it's more than double the cost of the Breeze Inn - as it should be based on the pictures.I haven't reached out to Windsong to see if they offer a shuttle. So not knowing Seward I'm in a bit of a quandary. Appreciate your input. 

Let us know what Windsong says. They ran a shuttle all day up and down Seward when I used them. The Lodge was out of town but was pretty nice. Not too far out of town though. I am sure wherever you stay will be fine.

Edited by Coral

10 hours ago, surgie said:

I stayed at the Breeze Inn last week. We booked 2 rooms - didn't realize until check in that one was in the main building and the other was in their annex building, which is across the parking lot (uncovered walk and it was pouring rain our whole time in Seward). You may want to stay in the same building if you stick with it. The location was great, and they did have a shuttle to a couple places. I did notice frequent shuttles from Windsong in the area.

• Like 1