$14.95 delivery charge

zumbagold

Is that automatically added to our bill or only added if we use delivery service? I believe it’s a five dollar room service charge unless we have a plus or premier package. Not quite sure about the $14.95pp charge. 

3 minutes ago, zumbagold said:

Is that automatically added to our bill or only added if we use delivery service? I believe it’s a five dollar room service charge unless we have a plus or premier package. Not quite sure about the $14.95pp charge. 

If you do not have a “current” package then calling room service via phone is $5 per call. The $14.95 is to register to use the app to order food one time charge for set up

• Like 2

On another thread someone posted a pic of their phone showing that if you clicked to use Ocean Now in the app it warned you of the $15 fee and you had to hit accept.  So if you don't use that then you will not be charged.  Both charges only happen if you don't have one of the newer packages that includes it.  Some have reported only 1 in their party activating the app and ordering all the food to their room as delivery is free to the room via the ocean now....hope i made that make sense.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, cruzrbachoua said:

On another thread someone posted a pic of their phone showing that if you clicked to use Ocean Now in the app it warned you of the $15 fee and you had to hit accept.  So if you don't use that then you will not be charged.  Both charges only happen if you don't have one of the newer packages that includes it.  Some have reported only 1 in their party activating the app and ordering all the food to their room as delivery is free to the room via the ocean now....hope i made that make sense.

It never fails to amaze me that people would rather wait in their cabin for semi warm food to get delivered  rather than get food from outlets on board like Slive, Salty Dog Grill, IC or buffet

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, memoak said:

It never fails to amaze me that people would rather wait in their cabin for semi warm food to get delivered  rather than get food from outlets on board like Slive, Salty Dog Grill, IC or buffet

It's handy if you aren't feeling particularly well and don't want to wander around the ship. It's also handy if you are doing laundry and watching a movie. It's not only food that can be delivered if you have a package.

• Like 6

11 minutes ago, memoak said:

Everyone is different and not all food that can be ordered is hot..also my dh doesn't like his food too hot an usually waits for it to cool down even at home....oh and you are not even guaranteed HOT food eating in MDR or at slice or buffet as that stuff sits there for awhile so how about answering the original posters question vs passing judgment on how people like their food 🤔 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, memoak said:

If you do not have a “current” package then calling room service via phone is $5 per call. The $14.95 is to register to use the app to order food one time charge for set up

Thank you!

1 hour ago, cruzrbachoua said:

Thank you. Now I understand how it works!

• Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, cruzrbachoua said:

Everyone is different and not all food that can be ordered is hot..also my dh doesn't like his food too hot an usually waits for it to cool down even at home....oh and you are not even guaranteed HOT food eating in MDR or at slice or buffet as that stuff sits there for awhile so how about answering the original posters question vs passing judgment on how people like their food 🤔 

My experience with ordering food from room service has been the 2 times I have had Covid and was not pleased with the quality or temp of food. Ice cream ended up liquid and presentation of main course was just thrown together

• Like 1

3 hours ago, memoak said:

Trivia or game shows - if we've had a big lunch and skip dinner and want to eat in Explorers Lounge, we have dinner delivered. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, memoak said:

I often wonder how some people actually enjoy their cold meal trying to eat in a typical balcony cabin while sitting on the edge of the bed. 

I can understand a full suite, but that's about it.

We'll be at the DR or buffet getting exactly what hot food we like.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, memoak said:

I like using it for drink deliveries.  When I go to the buffet, I order a drink through the app and they bring it to me or if I go to a lounge and the bar is packed, I order and they bring it.  No waiting at the bar.  Same for the theater.  I have also ordered food, but rarely do that.  It's a luxury.  Just like going on a cruise is a luxury.  I enjoy everything about it. 🙂

• Like 1

20 hours ago, zumbagold said:

$14.95 is not a delivery charge. If it were a delivery charge, they would charge it for each delivery. 

It's the opt in to OceanNow charge. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, MissP22 said:

I often wonder how some people actually enjoy their cold meal trying to eat in a typical balcony cabin while sitting on the edge of the bed. 

I can understand a full suite, but that's about it.

We'll be at the DR or buffet getting exactly what hot food we like.

Deliveries can be made all over the ship, your room is just one location out of many available for delivery. 

• Like 1

Guest Snaxmuppet
18 hours ago, memoak said:

My experience with ordering food from room service has been the 2 times I have had Covid and was not pleased with the quality or temp of food. Ice cream ended up liquid and presentation of main course was just thrown together

Sorry to hear about your bad experiences when you had covid. When we got covid on board we had to isolate for 5 days and we felt that the food service and temperature was OK. Sure, it was not MDR standard but under the circumstances it was bearable and we had no real complaints (Sky Princess Nov 21). 

4 minutes ago, startedwithamouse said:

Deliveries can be made all over the ship, your room is just one location out of many available for delivery. 

Since we never eat in the cabin and don't purchase the drink package, why spend $14.95 for delivery? I prefer to get our of my seat & go to the DR or buffet for my meals instead of trying to balance a plate while sitting in a lounge chair. Anyway, the items for delivery are limited to only certain items the last time we sailed. 

9 minutes ago, MissP22 said:

Since we never eat in the cabin and don't purchase the drink package, why spend $14.95 for delivery? I prefer to get our of my seat & go to the DR or buffet for my meals instead of trying to balance a plate while sitting in a lounge chair. Anyway, the items for delivery are limited to only certain items the last time we sailed. 

sittin' on the balcony ...

2 glasses of cab

1 glass of chard

chef salad - be sure to scroll down and order dressing, crackers - whatever

club sandwich with fries - again scroll down and order mayo, ketchup - whatever

key lime pie cup (2)

on HER app

• Like 4

1 minute ago, voljeep said:

sittin' on the balcony ...

2 glasses of cab

1 glass of chard

chef salad - be sure to scroll down and order dressing, crackers - whatever

club sandwich with fries - again scroll down and order mayo, ketchup - whatever

key lime pie cup (2)

on HER app

Or balcony is usually to small to spread out to enjoy a hot meal so it much better to go to the DR & sit at a table to relax, rather than eating a cold sandwich on a squashed balcony. 

I can eat cold sandwich's any time at home for lunch. 

16 minutes ago, MissP22 said:

You're one person out of thousands who sail daily. Explorers lounge has tables for food and beverage.

Why would we leave during a trivia game or game show or performance to go to the buffet for food or drinks?  That's just silly. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, MissP22 said:

Or balcony is usually to small to spread out to enjoy a hot meal so it much better to go to the DR & sit at a table to relax, rather than eating a cold sandwich on a squashed balcony. 

Honestly, why are you even going on cruises when you constantly complain about Princess and the misery they are causing you? I would be researching other ways to spend my vacation money if I felt this way. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 7

23 minutes ago, Snaxmuppet said:

Sorry to hear about your bad experiences when you had covid. When we got covid on board we had to isolate for 5 days and we felt that the food service and temperature was OK. Sure, it was not MDR standard but under the circumstances it was bearable and we had no real complaints (Sky Princess Nov 21). 

Just guess you never ordered ice cream. LOL

4 minutes ago, MissP22 said:

not HOT - 20 minutes v hour plus in the mdr where HOT is hit and miss

no thanks

1 minute ago, startedwithamouse said:

You're one person out of thousands who sail daily. Explorers lounge has tables for food and beverage.

Why would we leave during a trivia game or game show or performance to go to the buffet for food or drinks?  That's just silly. 

As I recall they don't schedule the trivia games when we eat and really, how many trivia games can you attend during a cruise? After a while they become monotonous. 

If that's what you prefer then the delivery service was made for you. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, startedwithamouse said:

Honestly, why are you even going on cruises when you constantly complain about Princess and the misery they are causing you? I would be researching other ways to spend my vacation money if I felt this way. 

I'm not complaining but stating that their delivery service isn't for me. 

If that's what you like, go for it. 

• Like 1