Medallion

ksederholm

2 minutes ago, ksederholm said:

Can anyone tell me when they mail out the Medallion prior to the cruise.  I tried getting a hold of someone at Princess but was on hold forever.  Our cruise is on 9/29/23.

Usually mailed about 12 days prior to sailing

24 minutes ago, ksederholm said:

Can anyone tell me when they mail out the Medallion prior to the cruise.  I tried getting a hold of someone at Princess but was on hold forever.  Our cruise is on 9/29/23.

Not sure of the mailing date, but we usually get them about 10 days before sailing. They’ve been sending them by USPS and in a small white bubble envelope with a blue seawitch.

We sail 9/16 with a land tour starting 9/11 we got our medallions on 8/29.  If you ordered thru the app which is the only way I know how to order you will be sent an email stating they have shipped and then if you go into the app to where you ordered it you can click on order history and it will allow you to track the shipment. 

17 minutes ago, cruzrbachoua said:

We sail 9/16 with a land tour starting 9/11 we got our medallions on 8/29.  If you ordered thru the app which is the only way I know how to order you will be sent an email stating they have shipped and then if you go into the app to where you ordered it you can click on order history and it will allow you to track the shipment. 

we got 'that email' the day after we received the medallions...

• Haha 1

Princess usually mails Medallions from Asia.  Orders that are placed close to the 12 day cutoff are sent via FedEx.  Orders that are placed well in advance of the cutoff are mailed using a forwarder.  The Medallions are send from Asia via air freight and are left to sit in the forwarder's warehouse until closer to sail date at which point they are forwarded to USPS for final delivery.  

You should receive your Medallions between 10 to 14 days before sailing.

The Medallion app is a sham! They cannot even track their own receipts for ordering the medallion. When I talked to the help line today they could not help me because of “problems “ with their own app. Customer service (which, btw, is in a call center somewhere in India) said they’d cancel my current medallions order and re-select them to be sent by Tuesday (9/5) to my residence. Thus allowing us to board via the Green Line! Currently We should be bumped to the Green Line since we’ve satisfied all the registration requirements per the app. But, no, they claim because the original medallion order was to be picked up via the Blue Line ( the only choice provided)  we cannot embark via the more direct Green Line! The medallion app is rife with problems and inconsistent performance. The old manner of checking in and getting a card was ideal because it worked! We’ve been on several cruises via four different cruise lines including Princess but the medallion app is NOT USER FRIENDLY AND NOT INTUITIVE! Princess! Please fix what you’ve created!

Anyone else have issues with the all? I bet there are plenty.

22 minutes ago, globie said:

Anyone else have issues with the all? I bet there are plenty.

Much ado about nothing.  No one pays attention to the what the App says at the port or the QR code that is generated.  Blue/Green Lane is an honor system.  It's a verbal answer and isn't verified with what the App says.  The port agent manning the line will let you into the Green Lane, even if the App says otherwise, as long as you can show that you have your Medallion in hand.

Just now, globie said:

Ok , great information. So looks like we just head to the Green Line if we have medallions in hand. The problem is we don’t have any medallions unless Princess mails them on time! Thanks.

That’s the big IF.  We always pick up in port.  The pick up process is smooth and adds minimal time as long you have completed the rest of the check-in process.