Online Check In

JudithAnn1

We have tried to check in online this morning for our Ventura cruise to Madeira, the Canary Islands and Lisbon but the system is telling us we will have to check in at the Terminal because we do not have between 3 and 6 months left on our passports at the disembarkation date.  Hopefully we are right in thinking that this cruise is within the EU and, as such, the 4+ months we have left on our passports at the end of it complies with all Immigration rules.

Has anyone else encountered this problem on a similar cruise with P and O, and, if so did they have any trouble checking in at the terminal?  Because of this problem we cannot access our Boarding Time which we believe should be an early one as we are now Caribbean Tier.  Thanks.

8 minutes ago, JudithAnn1 said:

We have tried to check in online this morning for our Ventura cruise to Madeira, the Canary Islands and Lisbon but the system is telling us we will have to check in at the Terminal because we do not have between 3 and 6 months left on our passports at the disembarkation date.  Hopefully we are right in thinking that this cruise is within the EU and, as such, the 4+ months we have left on our passports at the end of it complies with all Immigration rules.

Has anyone else encountered this problem on a similar cruise with P and O, and, if so did they have any trouble checking in at the terminal?  Because of this problem we cannot access our Boarding Time which we believe should be an early one as we are now Caribbean Tier.  Thanks.

We were in a similar position so I emailed P&O to get something in writing, just in case. You should be able to board from 13:00 regardless of the time given in compliance with your tier benefits. We did decide to renew our passports and lose the few months left, which were back within ten days. This was the reply: 

Thank you for your email regarding your passport.

Guests can board and travel to EU countries* if their passport was issued less than 10 years before the day of embarkation and still has at least three months left before the date of expiry of the passport, as at the date of disembarkation (regardless of whether or not the passport has an extension period).

I hope this information has helped to answer your enquiry and we look forward to welcoming you on board. 

1 hour ago, JudithAnn1 said:

Does your expiry date exceed ten years from the issue date, if so you may have a problem that is the EU only recognises  10 years from the issue date so you need 9 years and 9 months or more left from the issue date. sorry if it does not make sense. i.e my passport was issued july 2017 but expiry date is feb 2028 but to the EU the expiry date is july 2027

Edited by solentsam

Got logged in downloaded credit card ,photographs printed boarding cards but at the moment won't let me print luggage labels .We booked select booking choose our cabin no upgrades requested so not sure when we will be able to print off anybody know the answer ?

1 hour ago, Bin man said:

Got logged in downloaded credit card ,photographs printed boarding cards but at the moment won't let me print luggage labels .We booked select booking choose our cabin no upgrades requested so not sure when we will be able to print off anybody know the answer ?

I had that problem. I filled in all my details, photos, debit card, etc  then downloaded my boarding pass but  the luggage labels won't download. I left it a day and went back into My P&O and was able to download them then. 

2 hours ago, Bin man said:

Try this it worked for us

When printing your boarding pass please ensure you've enabled pop-ups. If you’re experiencing issues when trying to print your boarding pass or luggage labels, and all the above conditions have been met, the issue could be connected to page loading. Try clicking away from the Booking Summary to another page (e.g. Before You Sail) and then click back to the Booking Summary – this will force the page to reload and should make the boarding pass and luggage labels available.

If this is unsuccessful, please check back and retry closer to departure, repeating the above if necessary.

Thanks for replies ,used my computer with no problems ,tried samsung phone still wasn't playing ball, tried my samsung pad got a bit further but couldn't seem to print ,so tried my old computer and hey presto it worked 

• Like 1