Wifi Pricing without HIA

Desert Cruisers

On 1/20/2024 at 10:55 AM, Konasteve said:

This will be our first HAL cruise, normally we are on Celebrity but we found a great itinerary.

What is the cost to upgrade the all included surf plan to premium?

Can I upgrade prior to the cruise?

Has anyone used TEAMS with the premium internet? (I do have to work a few days)

Thank you

Welcome to HAL! Nov, Dec 2023 on NS and this month K'dam I upgraded to Premium and used it daily for work Teams calls. It was fine except for random occasional very short-lived spotty outages.

You can upgrade prior to the cruise so long as you do it 4 days or more prior to sailing - it is 20% the full length of the cruise. Or you can do it onboard - Just click the orange button when you log in (as seen in VMax1700 screenshot) and you're good. It will be charged to OBC.

Edited by Haljo1935
Typo

18 hours ago, Haljo1935 said:

Welcome to HAL! Nov, Dec 2023 on NS and this month K'dam I upgraded to Premium and used it daily for work Teams calls. It was fine except for random occasional very short-lived spotty outages.

You can upgrade prior to the cruise so long as you do it 4 days or more prior to sailing - it is 20% the full length of the cruise. Or you can do it onboard - Just click the orange button when you log in (as seen in VMax1700 screenshot) and you're good. It will be charged to OBC.

Perfect, thank you!

For pre-paying: can you buy for only part of the cruise, or must it be for the whole length?  FH and I will need to do some work calls for part of a 24 night cruise, but only on days 5-18 or so, excluding weekends.  I know I'll need it so would love to save 20%, but I don't need it for the whole trip.

Also, related for pre-paying vs. using OBC for WiFi, does HAL let you use OBC for paying gratuities?  We have a lot of OBC, but drink very little, so we didn't opt for HIA.

2 hours ago, liberty176 said:

For pre-paying: can you buy for only part of the cruise, or must it be for the whole length?  FH and I will need to do some work calls for part of a 24 night cruise, but only on days 5-18 or so, excluding weekends.  I know I'll need it so would love to save 20%, but I don't need it for the whole trip.

Pre-cruise you can buy Premium wi-fi (or Premium for 4 devices which is cheaper than two singles) for the length of the cruise, for 20% off as mentioned. You can wait and buy Standard or Premium onboard. You can delay starting Internet coverage until the fifth day. As far as buying fourteen days out of the center of a 24-day cruise, that's a new one on me! BUT for sure you can use OBC for whatever you buy as far as wifi. 

There used to be a dedicated Internet desk or kiosk, but it seems most WiFi questions are answered at Guest Services now. So ask there.

On 1/25/2024 at 1:48 AM, crystalspin said:

...You can delay starting Internet coverage until the fifth day. As far as buying fourteen days out of the center of a 24-day cruise, that's a new one on me! BUT for sure you can use OBC for whatever you buy as far as wifi. 

On 1/24/2024 at 11:38 PM, liberty176 said:

For pre-paying: can you buy for only part of the cruise, or must it be for the whole length?  FH and I will need to do some work calls for part of a 24 night cruise, but only on days 5-18 or so, excluding weekends.  I know I'll need it so would love to save 20%, but I don't need it for the whole trip...

My experience is that pre-paying is only valid for the entire cruise.

I believe you can still buy individual days onboard, but if you do the math, that number of days bought per day might cost more than pre-paying and getting 20% off. Last time I did it by the day, it was $34.99/day.