Muster Question

mrell345

4 hours ago, jennmaybe said:

Thanks.  Arrangements have already been made for us to have the cards.  I’m not worried at all about the cards.  Over 20 cruises and never had a single issue with the cards.  We have no desire to use the medallions.  

I had been unsure about the medallions also. Until I sailed with the. Just a smaller version of the card and no need to pull it out of my pocket to open the door holding 2  glasses of Prosecco   What concerns you about the medallion ?  

Edited by memoak
  • Like 3

12 hours ago, MissP22 said:

Have you ever tried using the medallions? 

It so convenient to walk up to your cabin and not have to fuss with getting a card out of your pocket. 

Have no desire.  Again, out of all our cruises, getting a card out does not bother us at all.  We are not those people always looking for easier ways or shortcuts in life.  It doesn’t take any extra energy to pull out a card. 😜. Besides, we would be pulling the medallion out as well, as we are not wearing it or around our necks on a lanyard.

PS—we are also not that couple ordering drinks by the pool and waiting for someone to bring them to us.  We get the drinks ourselves.  I realize we are in the minority, but we are ok with that.  🥰

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, jennmaybe said:

Besides, we would be pulling the medallion out as well, as we are not wearing it or around our necks on a lanyard.

PS—we are also not that couple ordering drinks by the pool and waiting for someone to bring them to us.  We get the drinks ourselves.  I realize we are in the minority, but we are ok with that.  🥰

The medallion works while in your pocket or purse.  Only time you “get it out” is to get on and off the ship.

Your PS about ordering has absolutely nothing to do with the physical medallion.  That is all done on the app which is not necessary. The medallion is stand alone and acts the same as the cards.

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, t&atravel said:

The medallion works while in your pocket or purse.  Only time you “get it out” is to get on and off the ship.

Your PS about ordering has absolutely nothing to do with the physical medallion.  That is all done on the app which is not necessary. The medallion is stand alone and acts the same as the cards.

Yes and No.  The waiter locates the guest who ordered via Ocean Now in the App and needs to be able to read a Medallion in the vicinity to find the guest.   Otherwise, doesn't know which way to turn or look.  This assumes some larger public space and not one's cabin.

18 hours ago, jennmaybe said:

Have no desire.  Again, out of all our cruises, getting a card out does not bother us at all.  We are not those people always looking for easier ways or shortcuts in life.

As a tech dinosaur myself, I can totally relate to this. We'll be going on our first medallion cruise in December and I'll withhold judgment until afterwards, but I'm not excited about it.

50 minutes ago, charliedalrymple said:

As a tech dinosaur myself, I can totally relate to this. We'll be going on our first medallion cruise in December and I'll withhold judgment until afterwards, but I'm not excited about it.

Just get on the ship, try it for a couple of days and if you don't like it simply ask for a cruise card. After a day of using the Medallion you won't think twice about having it. 

What's not to like?

Automatically unlocking you cabin door?

Finding you cabin mate on the ship?

Ordering food & beverages & having it brought to your table or pool chair? 

To me, having the door automagically unlock is great and I have made good use of the "find someone" feature. When we cruised with friends it was easy to know where to find them. When it's just us it's great to be able to find my wife or for her to find me. No more "I wonder if she's still at the Knitters and Natters" meeting and then missing her as I make my way there to check and she's on her way back to the cabin. It's easy to know if she's there or not without making the trip to physically check. I have zero issues with her being able to "find me" anytime.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, charliedalrymple said:

It’s just a small round object you can put in your pocket and unlock your door, pay at bars and shops. Just like the cruise card used to be but smaller

• Like 1