Royal Caribbean Split Bathroom Staterooms

Opie100

Does RCCL have NON-SUITE staterooms that have split bathrooms? If so, any tips on what room code or ships? I like this feature for a family of four if obtainable without buying a suite. Carnival has this (selectively) so just want to know if RCCL does too and if so how to find them.

Edited by Opie100

Although a “Junior suite” uses the magic word, the truth is, it is more of a “Balcony Deluxe.” It doesn’t qualify for most of the normal “suite” enhancements. It also has the lower stateroom gratuity requirements despite the fact they still get serviced twice a day. Also qualifies for double C&A points.

There may be other specific examples, but I think this is the first general category where you will find 1 & 1/2 bathrooms. It is only on the newer ships as the older ones utilise the space of the “half bath” for a larger closet. The next level up with more than 1 bathroom is likely to be a “Loft suite.”

The other option would be simply to find 2 connecting rooms where you benefit from the shower room in each?

• Like 2

Thanks again. You're thinking like I am. I've been trying to compare the cost differences for those cruise lines that offer the 1.5 bath scenario against getting two cabins. Those where you have to go up to "suite" level pricing you can sometimes find two cabins for cheaper, although sometimes that means interior cabins. I am particularly interested where the 1.5 bath scenario means two showers.

Edited by Opie100

The Icon has non-suite rooms with the split bath - Family Infinity with one room with shower/sink and other with sink/toilet.  However, my family has found it is cheaper to book two staterooms.  When my kids were smaller we got connecting rooms, but now that they are teens I save a little money booking rooms next to each other or across the hall.  You will have to call to get them to do that or book one adult in each room online.  You can get keys to access the other room at guest services.  

19 minutes ago, Cutigerlady said:

The Icon has non-suite rooms with the split bath - Family Infinity with one room with shower/sink and other with sink/toilet.  However, my family has found it is cheaper to book two staterooms.  When my kids were smaller we got connecting rooms, but now that they are teens I save a little money booking rooms next to each other or across the hall.  You will have to call to get them to do that or book one adult in each room online.  You can get keys to access the other room at guest services.  

Thank you. Is it cheaper to buy rooms next to each other vs. actually connecting? Or are you referring to the savings from booking a cheaper price category (one interior and one exterior, for example)?

Edited by Opie100

39 minutes ago, Cutigerlady said:

... now that they are teens I save a little money booking rooms next to each other or across the hall.  You will have to call to get them to do that or book one adult in each room online.  You can get keys to access the other room at guest services.  

20 minutes ago, Opie100 said:

Thank you. Is it cheaper to buy rooms next to each other vs. actually connecting? Or are you referring to the savings from booking a cheaper price category (one interior and one exterior, for example)?

I think what they are saying is on rcl connecting are a different category, so might cost more. So book next to each other, or as you asked a balcony with inside across.

For instance there are a LOT of connecting promenade cabins on freedom and whatever class so connecting costs less .. but balcony connecting category in short supply so often costs more. So if it costs more book the next to each other instead if it's less. Price it out. There is no always answer, though connecting promenade is mostly cheaper than not connecting. I've had a few of these on liberty just for the less price. Depends on ship and type of cabin.

I have a bunch of pictures of the 2nd bath for deluxe ov on carnival being referred to as a 2nd shower. Calling this 2 baths with 2 showers idk.

20211026_002230.jpg

Edited by firefly333

25 minutes ago, Opie100 said:

Yes, I find that connecting is more expensive than those that are next to each other but don't connect.  I have also booked one balcony and one interior room (my teens asked for the interior room on our upcoming trip).  I find a really good travel agent helps to look at every combination for the ship/date we want and she finds the best deal.  I do think the system travel agents use is easier to find where there are 2 rooms next to each other than the trial and error you have to do online.  

42 minutes ago, Opie100 said:

That depends.

If you are using a TA they may be able to get yo a group rate that can be substantially cheaper but Royal does not offer connecting cabins (barring a couple of mis-categorizations) so side by side rooms are definitely cheaper.

If you are booking on your own it all depends on how sales are doing

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Cutigerlady said:

I do think the system travel agents use is easier to find where there are 2 rooms next to each other than the trial and error you have to do online.  

Much easier and they are also able to see many cabins that you can't see on Royals site in many instances

4 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Much easier and they are also able to see many cabins that you can't see on Royals site in many instances

The bathroom pictured above was booked by a certain unnamed TA who booked me into a port hole and during covid I got moved. I actually booked a cheaper port hole cabin. My section was closed during covid. Breeze right after reopen. As I remember it was super cheap. 

The cabin isnt larger than other OV and just has a longer hall for the 2nd door to the 2nd bath and a extra closet to fill the hallway. It's not a larger cabin for 4, its smaller. Interesting.  And thanks to that TA as it was a interesting cabin. It is a trade off less space in the cabin for having a 2nd bath. Thanks

• Like 1

Thanks for all the great feedback. FWIW: Here is the shower head (over the tub) in second bathroom in the Carnival deluxe oceanview category -- so it's definitely two showers and sinks in those cabins (just one toilet). 

Screenshot 2023-09-05 at 2.54.27 PM.png

Edited by Opie100

4 minutes ago, Opie100 said:

Thanks for all the great feedback. FWIW: Here is the shower head (over the tub) in second bathroom in the Carnival deluxe OV category -- so it's definitely two showers and sinks in those cabins (just one toilet). 

Screenshot 2023-09-05 at 2.54.27 PM.png

Yes the bath tub has a shower (i thought i said that)I just wouldnt describe this cabin as one with 2 showers exactly. I have more pictures of the hall showing its longer and cuts into the size of the cabin. No way I'd want 4 in this cabin I had. 

You can see the extra closet in one and the door to both bathrooms in the other. Same size cabin just some floor space used for a 2nd bath. 

20230905_140527648.jpeg

20230905_140517808.jpeg

Prices seem to vary so much.  But when I booked our Feb 2024 cruise on Voyager, two connecting promenade rooms were cheaper than one 4-person interior.   Connecting or non connecting was the same price.  Since we could have have gotten the GTY rate with just one room it cost a tish more to preselect our promenade cabins, but I considered the extra full bathroom made that a bargain. The promenade rooms are 2 person cabins.