Wines by the glass…paying the difference

chefchick

Currently on the Encore.  Have the standard FAS drink pkg…when asking if we could order a glass of wine priced at $18 and $20 respectively and pay the difference we were told that those wines were ONLY available for those with Premium plus pkg.  When we reiterated  that we knew the packages were different and that we would even purchase the glasses outright at full price she said they keep those for premium pkg passengers only….is this a new policy?  It was frustrating to say the least and maybe I should have asked to speak to the beverage manager (which is who our server said she heard this from) but has anyone recently encountered this?

Just off Joy a week or so ago.  No problem at all ordering an over $15 glass of wine and just paying the difference (plus tip).

Hopefully, she was just misinformed.  I really hope this isn't a new policy going forward.

Try another bar and let us know.  Thanks!

• Like 1

I wonder whether this may be due to

stocking issues. If they are running low on wines that are in the P+ package then they may restrict them to others.

Just speculating. I’m currently on the Breakaway and whilst there isn’t a restriction on paying the difference they do appear to be rather hiding those wines away in some bars, which I wondered whether is because they are trying to look after stocks.

1 minute ago, mjkacmom said:

Maybe inventory is low?

In which case she could have said that and offered another premium wine instead.  She brought out two wines on the standard pkg and poured them.  They were as horrible as they were the night before so that’s why we were going to pay the difference for something decent in the first place.  I assume she (and perhaps the bev mgr)? were misinformed and it wasn’t worth fighting about, but I would hate for this become another reason to  force folks into upgrading to the premium pkg.  Glad to hear others have not had the same problem.  We off to Los Lobos tonight so I won’t have to fight over margaritas 😎

• Like 1