Internet Signup Problem

pilot

I’m trying to pre purchase internet for my Regal cruise. I’m trying to buy the one device plan, one for me and one for my wife. 

I can make the purchase in my account, but when I try to purchase in my wife’s account, the app doesn’t recognize the charge card and I can’t complete the transaction. 

Any ideas?

Are you trying to purchase both plans through your Princess login or are you buying for you and then logging in as her?  You *should* be able to purchase both via your plan...as best I can recall you select the cabin inhabitants by checkmark for the purchase.  I may be wrong...it's been a LONG time since I've purchased an internet pkg as a standalone because we have totally switched over to Plus Fare...with internet included.

I am logged into Ocean Ready in my account. My only choices are for four devices or one device. There is no way to select a plan for her and me. It shows the charge card that I have on file. 

I logged out and logged into her account. It says that she is an authorized user on my account, but won’t let me make a purchase. 

I called Princess and tried to explain the problem, but all the person was interested in was wanting me to buy the Plus Package. Kept telling me how good a deal it was. 

I am having my TA see if she can fix. 

I know I can sort it out when we board, but would like to prepay. 

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, pilot said:

I am logged into Ocean Ready in my account. My only choices are for four devices or one device. There is no way to select a plan for her and me. It shows the charge card that I have on file. 

I logged out and logged into her account. It says that she is an authorized user on my account, but won’t let me make a purchase. 

I called Princess and tried to explain the problem, but all the person was interested in was wanting me to buy the Plus Package. Kept telling me how good a deal it was. 

I am having my TA see if she can fix. 

I know I can sort it out when we board, but would like to prepay. 

You should be able to order when logged in as wife.  She should have the same two options you have.

(It used to be easier before price increase as I would order 1 4-device plan as it was the same cost as two 1-device plans).

Just now, Steelers36 said:

You should be able to order when logged in as wife.  She should have the same two options you have.

(It used to be easier before price increase as I would order 1 4-device plan as it was the same cost as two 1-device plans).

Tried all of that, for some reason the app will not use the credit card. It shows in her account that she is an authorized user, but won’t let me make the purchase. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, pilot said:

Tried all of that, for some reason the app will not use the credit card. It shows in her account that she is an authorized user, but won’t let me make the purchase. 

If you get bo help from OCEAN support team, you could try this workaround.

1.  Remove wife as auth CC user.

2.  Add one of her unique CCs to her res.

3. Order MedallionNet.

4. Remove her CC.

5. Re-add her as auth user.

No guarantee,  but it might work.

• Like 1

Thanks for all of the suggestions. I tried them all and nothing worked. 

I deleted her as an authorized user and tried 2 different cards in her account. Didn’t work. 

Something must be wrong with her account. I will get her internet  when we board. 

I only did this once.  But I think it was because I was getting the elite discount and my sister was not.  So it was "cheaper" to buy the 4 device than 1 device for elite and 1 device for newbie sister.  But that was this spring.  Who can remember that "far" back.

3 minutes ago, cr8tiv1 said:

I only did this once.  But I think it was because I was getting the elite discount and my sister was not.  So it was "cheaper" to buy the 4 device than 1 device for elite and 1 device for newbie sister.  But that was this spring.  Who can remember that "far" back.

Under the previous pricing scheme a 4-device plan was same cost as 2x 1-device plans.  A real "steal of a deal".  

• Thanks 1