Just off Wonder

kristap

First off, she is a GORGEOUS ship! I had a wonderful time on her! The live performers were top-notch, the parties on point! Loved the shows (except Effectors...cool special effects, terrible storyline.) The food was better than the last time I went on Wonder in May 2022.  Wonderland was a highlight!  I met some awesome people.  Overall, I had a blast!

But perhaps this ship is cursed just a bit... The sailing before us, there was a kid overboard.  This trip, there were reportedly ELEVEN medical emergencies in a 7-day sailing.  That's excessive, no? And there were TONS of people who are reporting getting Covid from the ship.  (I am one of them.)

I had an amazing time, but I don't think I'll sail Oasis class again.  They're too big.  Getting from Pt. A to Pt B could be arduous if your destinations were diagonal from each other (Ex: Start on Deck 15 forward in the Solarium) but want to go to Deck 4 aft for a show or event.). I do very much enjoy Royal! But I think I'll start moving my way down rather than up.  Freedom class is next on the agenda!

• Like 4

We just got off Wonder also. I caught a bug (bronchitis) on the last day,started the dreaded cough on the way home.I had a good cruise, but would not choose to go on this large of a ship again. They only waiting time we had was at the elevators. Not a big deal. Never went to the dining room. The buffet was good. Park City cafe was just a little crowded but food was good. Now I will take a second Covid test thanks Kristap for the info.

19 hours ago, runnerandme said:

We just got off Wonder also. I caught a bug (bronchitis) on the last day,started the dreaded cough on the way home.I had a good cruise, but would not choose to go on this large of a ship again. They only waiting time we had was at the elevators. Not a big deal. Never went to the dining room. The buffet was good. Park City cafe was just a little crowded but food was good. Now I will take a second Covid test thanks Kristap for the info.

Oh no! I got sick on mine too.  I got a BOGO: Strep + Covid.  There were a TON of people who got sick from Wonder.  And apart from just having SO MANY PEOPLE I do wonder if the Solarium isn't a giant incubator.  It's so hot in there and so closed in... Anyway, Feel better soon!

JFY.. on all 12 cruises post reopening there were people with Covid. Oasis,Anthem, Adventure, Enchantment and Liberty. We had it 3 times between two of us. Once together and 1 each of us separately. And once we had bad Noro. I wouldn’t make any conclusions based on this. 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Tatka said:

JFY.. on all 12 cruises post reopening there were people with Covid. Oasis,Anthem, Adventure, Enchantment and Liberty. We had it 3 times between two of us. Once together and 1 each of us separately. And once we had bad Noro. I wouldn’t make any conclusions based on this. 

Because there is covid on every ship and every sailing. These reports of I was on XYZ OTS on a certain date and people got sick don't serve much of a purpose.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

Because there is covid on every ship and every sailing. These reports of I was on XYZ OTS on a certain date and people got sick don't serve much of a purpose.

I totally agree

I got off that exact same sailing

DW and I are as sick as hell - but negative for COVID 

Last night I was so congested, I could not sleep as I could not breathe through my nose 

It is what it is these days, and there is no way avoiding it other than not cruising 

We choose to cruise with the masses and know the risks we may catch a common cold or flu 

I never met anyone from cc on this sailing to collaborate with as there was no roll call

21 minutes ago, PompeySailor said:

Last night I was so congested, I could not sleep as I could not breathe through my nose

Feel better! My wife gets those congestion-type illnesses pretty much every year (since long before Covid and unrelated to cruising, of course). Some combo of sinus issues and teaching 5-year-olds. She's been congested for at least a week. It just lingers and annoys the crap out of her.

Knock on wood, I almost never catch anything from her.

Edited by OCSC Mike
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, OCSC Mike said:

Feel better! My wife gets those congestion-type illnesses pretty much every year (since long before Covid and unrelated to cruising, of course). Some combo of sinus issues and teaching 5-year-olds.

Knock on wood, I almost never catch anything from her.

Thanks Mike 

Nikki started feeling it on the Tuesday whilst on the ship

I started coming down with it yesterday, 

How I managed to dodge it for 6 days is beyond me. These woman love to share 😉

This is our annual summer flu/cold 

Not COVID 

• Like 1