Help please if Hurricane Lee diverts our flight into Quebec on Saturday the 16th

manteonc

As with many others, we are scheduled to fly into Quebec on Saturday.  Flights were booked with flight ease, HA transportation to the port arranged.  Please, Based on experience, what are the phone numbers we need to have on hand to help us get up with Holland America reps and/or flight ease reps who can help us navigate to the ship If we can't land in Quebec?  We have insurance, but not HA.  I am just wondering if there are certain offices/phone numbers you have found that work better than others for diverted passengers trying to get to the ship on time?  The ship is scheduled to remain overnight in Quebec and then sail on Sunday, but it's looking pretty dicey for a Sunday departure.  No word so far regarding our itinerary: Im guessing we will not be able to sail up the St Lawrence for a day at least.  Any help your can provide based on experience is greatly appreciated.  

Lee is a long way off from Quebec.

We will be onboard and don't foresee any problems at all.

Halifax is A 1,000 KM from Quebec.

Zuiderdam is presently near PEI and will be heading up the St Lawrence soon.

After hitting Nova Scotia, Lee will head NE, not towards Quebec.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, manteonc said:

As with many others, we are scheduled to fly into Quebec on Saturday.  Flights were booked with flight ease, HA transportation to the port arranged.  Please, Based on experience, what are the phone numbers we need to have on hand to help us get up with Holland America reps and/or flight ease reps who can help us navigate to the ship If we can't land in Quebec?  We have insurance, but not HA.  I am just wondering if there are certain offices/phone numbers you have found that work better than others for diverted passengers trying to get to the ship on time?  The ship is scheduled to remain overnight in Quebec and then sail on Sunday, but it's looking pretty dicey for a Sunday departure.  No word so far regarding our itinerary: Im guessing we will not be able to sail up the St Lawrence for a day at least.  Any help your can provide based on experience is greatly appreciated.  

HAL emergency contact number is 800 6284771

• Like 1

Obviously nothing is known until the storm hits, but Actually Lee is expected to bring tropical storm force winds to Quebec between 8 am and 8 pm on Saturday, and Quebec isn't even that far outside of the "cone" where the eye may cross.

image.png

Lee Cone.png

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, C 2 C said:

Lee is a long way off from Quebec.

We will be onboard and don't foresee any problems at all.

Halifax is A 1,000 KM from Quebec.

Zuiderdam is presently near PEI and will be heading up the St Lawrence soon.

After hitting Nova Scotia, Lee will head NE, not towards Quebec.

Look forward to seeing you onboard.  Let's hope all is well.  I like being prepared just in case.

3 hours ago, manteonc said:

As with many others, we are scheduled to fly into Quebec on Saturday.  Flights were booked with flight ease, HA transportation to the port arranged. 

How are you being routed w/ FlightEase from your origin?  I perhaps would worry less about being diverted versus having your flight segment cancelled at origin.   If you have the time flexibility, I might proactively enquire about coming in on Friday, and see if FE can accommodate?  (800) 628-4771

If you get held up in Montréal, VIA Rail is a simple option.   It gets more complicated if you're coming from say Toronto, Newark, Chicago, or Philadelphia because of frequency / distances involved.     Scott.  

Edited by YXU AC*SE

3 minutes ago, Mary229 said:

A little geography lesson

IMG_1414.png

IMG_1413.png

@Mary229 hopefully your maps will be helpful! I looked at expected Quebec City wind speeds for the weekend from 3 very reputable weather sites and the highest was 9 mph. Perhaps this will alleviate the original poster’s worry. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, 1ANGELCAT said:

HAL emergency contact number is 800 6284771

Holland FAQ

https://www.hollandamerica.com/en/us/plan-a-cruise/get-ready-for-your-cruise/faq#undefined

(page 4)

"What are your emergency phone numbers?

At some point in your travels you may experience an emergency. With this in mind, the following emergency phone numbers are available for your use. Representatives are on hand to assist you in any way they can, including assistance with travel delays and contacting loved ones. During our regular business hours, please call: 800-426-0327.

Representatives are available from 5:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. Monday through Friday and from 7:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Saturday and Sunday (Pacific Time). Outside of these hours and during holidays, please call 1-800-628-4771 or 1-206-286-3294.*

*This number is for emergency use only; please do not call unless you are experiencing an emergency of a critical nature."

• Like 1

The latest forecast track, updated at 9 PM tonight. Two things to notice:

1. Québec City is well outside the zone. I've pinpointed its location.

2. At 2 PM Saturday, the storm centre will still be well offshore.

All things taken into account, you should not have to worry about flights into Quebec City.

Screenshot2023-09-13at9_36_27PM.thumb.png.b73686c1cef3384f6751bc3df07d44e5.png

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, ShipWalker said:

Holland FAQ

https://www.hollandamerica.com/en/us/plan-a-cruise/get-ready-for-your-cruise/faq#undefined

(page 4)

"What are your emergency phone numbers?

At some point in your travels you may experience an emergency. With this in mind, the following emergency phone numbers are available for your use. Representatives are on hand to assist you in any way they can, including assistance with travel delays and contacting loved ones. During our regular business hours, please call: 800-426-0327.

Representatives are available from 5:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. Monday through Friday and from 7:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Saturday and Sunday (Pacific Time). Outside of these hours and during holidays, please call 1-800-628-4771 or 1-206-286-3294.*

*This number is for emergency use only; please do not call unless you are experiencing an emergency of a critical nature."

Thank you for these additional numbers.  Added to the flights emergency number from above, my phone now has all I need just in case in the future.  Since the storm has significantly shifted east after my Origional posting, it no longer appears they will be needed this time, so that is fantastic.  

• Like 2