Have you ever seen Celebrity staff cut off passengers who were quite drunk?

Stockjock

I have seen a couple of people have spills on the dance floor due to too much booze.  One just fell on their butt.  The other one face planted.  Ouch.

For most mixed drinks it would be rather easy to mix with a watered down alcohol.

Edited by NMTraveller

My last cruise was on RCCL last year and my favorite bartender made a point of giving myself and my friend bottles of water and asking us to drink it before ordering another adult beverage. He also never let us leave the bar without a bottle of water in hand. 

I thought that was the most gentle way to deal with a pair of drunks. 🙂

• Like 1

I have never been cut off, they just keep bringing me more without asking.    🤢🤮🤗

Same as in Las Vegas when sitting at the bar playing VP.   I don’t think my TIP had anything to do with it.  💰🙄

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

• Like 1

2 hours ago, C4HCG said:

Educate me then, why does a sober person behave in a rude and obnoxious way? 

The two examples are unrelated.

It's like saying, "Why do some people, who aren't drunk, drive badly?"  It's because they do, but likewise, there is no relation, other than acting, or driving, badly.

That said, obviously, people who have had a lot to drink are far more likely to act badly, as their judgement is impaired.  It's only common sense.

Edited by Stockjock
  • Like 1

On 9/15/2023 at 6:13 PM, RD64 said:

Truly no need to be Judgy Judgerson - if a person wants to have a drink at 10AM - or 9AM for that matter that is they’re perogative. Just as - apparently - it is your perogative to sit there and monitor the drink consumption of your fellow passengers.

True...unless said passenger then brought out a boom box and starting listening to music the 'old fashioned way'.  I happened to like their taste in music, but...c'mon....Then again, ordering hard alcohol that early in the day (2 at a time, I might add) never leads to anything good.  

5 minutes ago, Whinenowine said:

True...unless said passenger then brought out a boom box and starting listening to music the 'old fashioned way'.  I happened to like their taste in music, but...c'mon....Then again, ordering hard alcohol that early in the day (2 at a time, I might add) never leads to anything good.  

Bloody Marys, red beers, mimosas. Type of liquor or the time of day. Enjoy.  

• Like 2

Your drinking becomes my business when you start interfering with the enjoyment of my cruise.

What’s that?  You don’t want to listen to Billy Idol while you’re getting over your hangover?  😂

— Judgy McJudgeface

• Haha 2

16 hours ago, Stockjock said:

The two examples are unrelated.

It's like saying, "Why do some people, who aren't drunk, drive badly?"  It's because they do, but likewise, there is no relation, other than acting, or driving, badly.

That said, obviously, people who have had a lot to drink are far more likely to act badly, as their judgement is impaired.  It's only common sense.

They are totally related. Bad behaviour is bad behaviour regardless.

Never had  so many drinking threads for Celebrity but now there's  a diff clientele ..

Before alc packages a few  ques were posed about how to sneak alcohol on board! And  there were many more ques abt wine tasting!

4 minutes ago, hcat said:

Never had  so many drinking threads for Celebrity but now there's  a diff clientele ..

Before alc packages a few  ques were posed about how to sneak alcohol on board! And  there were many more ques abt wine tasting!

I just remembered   one very bad dinner in BLU on Reflection  There was .large round table up front, loud  people, dinner service VERY slow.. The maitre d kept  having drinks served.  A man got up, drinks flew  and  the man  smacked a woman who huffed out.. security was called.  Modern Luxury!

Edited by hcat

9 minutes ago, hcat said:

Er, this discussion about sneaking alcohol on board. Anything interesting ?

Asking for a friend on obviously...

• Haha 1

51 minutes ago, Baggy178 said:

Er, this discussion about sneaking alcohol on board. Anything interesting ?

Asking for a friend on obviously...

was long ago when the demographics started to change... no need to sneak now.. you can buy a package!

1 hour ago, doghog said:

Bloody Marys, red beers, mimosas. Type of liquor or the time of day. Enjoy.  

Yah,  I'm a big drinker and firmly believe in 'the hair of the dog'.  But in this instance it was't 'hair of the dog' but rather a continuation of the prior night!  I stopped doing that in my 20s... 😉

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Whinenowine said:

Yah,  I'm a big drinker and firmly believe in 'the hair of the dog'.  But in this instance it was't 'hair of the dog' but rather a continuation of the prior night!  I stopped doing that in my 20s... 😉

Me too. I'd like to say I remember..., 😉🤣. Recovery time now is a lot longer than before and not worth it. I've learned after many attempts I now can enjoy drinking without getting blind drunk and binge drinking. 🍻

Edited by doghog
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, hcat said:

not really sure what that term encompasses.. perhaps I do not want to know.. what's the trademark for?

Ninja Cruising™ means bare bones cruising at the lowest price.

We've paid $850pp for an 11-day TA on Silhouette for our latest cruise next month.

Minimum luggage of one rucksack each ( reduces costs on the flight home ) nothing formal, buffet dining only, no upgrades or paid-for anything, no excursions, no drinks or WiFi packages.

Basically availing of everything included in the upfront price and only spending money on bare essentials such as alcohol.

It's how we do every holiday as Ninja Travellers™ which this year has also included Cyprus, Thailand, Cambodia, Bali, USA, three Greek islands, Portugal and Italy. We have a carbon footprint the size of a clown's shoe.

On this cruise we arrive in Fort Lauderdale, take the train to Orlando ( using Amtrak vouchers from a previous holiday crossing the States on the California Zephyr ) where it's our return airport.

However we pick up a downtown car rental ( $28 a day  ) for an 11 day Florida vacation staying free in homes we exchange with our second home in Ireland before a low-cost Norwegian airline back to the UK ( $160 pp ).

Now we don't have to do Ninja Cruising™ as we are extremely comfortable in retirement but my wife and I did it all our married lives when we didn't have a lot of money because it enabled as to take our kids all over the world as Ninja Junior Travellers™ and actually found it a great way to travel.

Our adult kids still recall fondly spending a month travelling around Thailand when they were 8 & 10 carrying all their possessions in their school backpack.

Which is why we find it amusing to see so many wealthy cruisers on here apparently desperately unhappy with their luxury product where as in Riff-Raff Class™ we're happy as Larry.

As for the trademark it's just a bit of fun and Ninja Travellers™ sounds so much better than Tightwad Tourists™. 😅

Edited by Baggy178
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Baggy178 said:

We've paid $850pp for an 11-day TA on Silhouette for our latest cruise next month.

Minimum luggage of one rucksack each ( reduces costs on the flight home ) nothing formal, buffet dining only, no upgrades or paid-for anything, no excursions, no drinks or WiFi packages.

Basically availing of everything included in the upfront price and only spending money on bare essentials such as alcohol.

It's how we do every holiday as Ninja Travellers™ which this year has also included Cyprus, Thailand, Cambodia, Bali, USA, three Greek islands, Portugal and Italy. We have a carbon footprint the size of a clown's shoe.

On this cruise we arrive in Fort Lauderdale, take the train to Orlando ( using Amtrak vouchers from a previous holiday crossing the States on the California Zephyr ) where it's our return airport.

However we pick up a downtown car rental ( $28 a day  ) for an 11 day Florida vacation staying free in homes we exchange with our second home in Ireland before a low-cost Norwegian airline back to the UK ( $160 pp ).

Now we don't have to do Ninja Cruising™ as we are extremely comfortable in retirement but my wife and I did it all our married lives when we didn't have a lot of money because it enabled as to take our kids all over the world as Ninja Junior Travellers™ and actually found it a great way to travel.

Our adult kids still recall fondly spending a month travelling around Thailand when they were 8 & 10 carrying all their possessions in their school backpack.

Which is why we find it amusing to see so many wealthy cruisers on here apparently desperately unhappy with their luxury product where as in Riff-Raff Class™ we're happy as Larry.

As for the trademark it's just a bit of fun and Ninja Travellers™ sounds so much better than Tightwad Tourists™. 😅

That’s interesting.  How can you say you have a low carbon footprint with all that travel?  You don’t spend extra money so I doubt you are buying offsets?

3 hours ago, Baggy178 said:

sort of like the loyal X cruisers who folks say do not spend any money on extras!

we live in diff worlds. prefer Modern Luxury. but whatever works!  

8 minutes ago, zitsky said:

That’s interesting.  How can you say you have a low carbon footprint with all that travel?  You don’t spend extra money so I doubt you are buying offsets?

It was a joke.Like, you know, a big clown's shoe equals a large footprint ?

What are buying offsets ?

4 minutes ago, hcat said:

sort of like the loyal X cruisers who folks say do not spend any money on extras!

we live in diff worlds. prefer Modern Luxury. but whatever works!  

That's my point.

To some people a transatlantic cruise on Celebrity could be viewed as modern luxury.

Some prefer to journey in a larger cabin or suite with a butler.

To be waited on in a ' speciality ' restaurant for a price.

To buy expensive cocktails at a price they'd never pay ashore but it's part of a Premium drinks package that you'd need to be Dean Martin to make it worth your while.

We prefer the modern luxury at a budget price.

1 hour ago, Baggy178 said:

It was a joke.Like, you know, a big clown's shoe equals a large footprint ?

What are buying offsets ?

Emojis are a thing for a reason.  🥸

I’m not an expert on carbon offsets but basically you pay someone to ride a bicycle backwards while you fly or cruise somewhere.  It generates negative CO2 by riding backwards.  😂

• Haha 1