What is Halloween like onboard?

We cruised on Harmony last Halloween.  Several groups dressed up.  We brought a tote bag full of candy to pass out to any kids onboard that were dressed up.  We had crew looking for us once word was spread that candy was given out.  We had costumed crew trick or treating out of that bag. 

Enjoy your cruise.

• Like 1

We have cruised over Halloween 3 times now. They decorate the night before. On Halloween evening lots of people, and some crew, dress up. They have a costume contest or parade. Twice there was a flash mob who danced to Thriller. The kids made masks during the week at kids club. The next day it was like it never happened... all the decorations were gone.

We did a transatlantic on Liberty 8 years ago from Barcelona that was over Halloween. The crew did a great job putting up decorations and as someone else said they had a haunted house set up in Studio B. They had a parade for the guests and my son, daughter in law and grandson won the the prize. They all were dressed up as fighter pilots. That was an awesome cruise.

It's a lot of fun.  We cruised over Halloween last fall on the Explorer of the Seas.  A lot of people dressed up and there was a costume judging and dancing on the ice arena.  Also had a parade of kids and later adults.  I handed out candy to the kids (and as newmericies mentioned) once the crew found out they wanted the treats as much as the kids!  😉   Note to self, take more candy the next time!

Dance.jpg

Jules.jpg

John.jpg

Costumes.jpg

• Like 1

I've read that the Halloween stuff is only for those cruises that are actually on Halloween, is this correct? We sail on Voyager middle of next month and we're used to Carnival going all-out with decorations and themed drinks and whatnot for the entire month of October. My Halloween-loving husband was not happy when I told him I didn't think RC celebrated that way. 😞 So is that correct that it's just a 1-day thing, basically? 

59 minutes ago, emeraldcity said:

Check the Daily Planner in the App for your sailing. Ours lists quite a number of Halloween activities for Oct. 31st., including Halloween themed trivia, costume parade and Monster Mash Bash. Tonight's attire is "Halloween Costume".

What boat are you on? I’m on the Jewel and nothing is listed in our planner yet. 

5 hours ago, crazy4themouse said:

I've read that the Halloween stuff is only for those cruises that are actually on Halloween, is this correct? We sail on Voyager middle of next month and we're used to Carnival going all-out with decorations and themed drinks and whatnot for the entire month of October. My Halloween-loving husband was not happy when I told him I didn't think RC celebrated that way. 😞 So is that correct that it's just a 1-day thing, basically? 

No. You can wear custumes any time/any cruise.