Live from The Holiday Inn Miami

Wennfred

do you know how far of a drive it is to south beach? we are staying 1 night precruise on 4/8.also, did you request the room on the higher floor? I read posts suggesting to do this for a better view of the port...thanks for your response!!

Thanks for posting this. I will be staying in this hotel mid May. Did you check out any of the Live Music at the Bayside Marketplace...?

They had live music the 5 nights we stayed there pre/post .. right by the water.. lots of people dancing away:D

Thanks for posting this. I will be staying in this hotel mid May. Did you check out any of the Live Music at the Bayside Marketplace...?

We will be heading to Bayside tomorrow night to check out the music.

Tell me more about Bongo's...

It is within walking distance of the hotel.. we did it.. it it right next door to the Miami Heat arena..

Food was great.. Beautiful inside..we were there early on a Thursday night.. hardly anyone there.. It turns into a niteclub later in the evening..

They have a website..

http://www.bongoscubancafe.com/enter.htm

While San Diego is getting Pounded by a Storm right now, Its totally beautiful here in Miami, I can see 2 RCCL, 2 CCL and 1 other cruiseship outside my window, we got up at 7am and ordered 2 Signature Skillet Supreme breakfast with Apple & Pineapple juice and French toast.

This is a picture of what it looks like outside:

IMG_7561_420x280.JPG.d4c534eca1b07e6104318ff3e25fc491.JPG

do you know how far of a drive it is to south beach? we are staying 1 night precruise on 4/8.also, did you request the room on the higher floor? I read posts suggesting to do this for a better view of the port...thanks for your response!!

South Beach isnt far from here, just a short distance to MacArthur Cswy and youre there, will let you know the miles and time it took us, we will be heading to Miami Ink tattoo shop first then to the beach and to do some shopping. I forgot my swimming shorts:confused: I dont remember if I requested a Bayside Market view when I booked 8 months ago, but I lucked out getting the 9th floor with the view.

You're killing me!

LOL, Thanks MrPete and I thank you for all of your help on this Board.

Fred

Glad you're having a great time. We always stay at the Holiday Inn Port of Miami. Used to be Best Western and it was great then, but I've heard they've done some remodeling since. The last time we were there was when we (along with 60 of our cruise wedding guests) had a precruise night there 3 years ago.

We'll be staying there again this May (booked the rooms months ago...good thing, because now they are sold out for our night). We booked two rooms (suites) with two double beds and a sleeper sofa. We'll have a total of 9 (myself and husband, our four sons, and three of their friends). The kids are all early 20's, so I think we'll be okay with 2 rooms. I'm guessing that's the type of room you have? We were able to get it for $113/night government rate.

You may not be bothered by the late night music at Bayside until around 1 a.m. That's when it usually heats up!!! I couldn't sleep the entire night before my wedding because the music was blasting, but I didn't care. I like the hotel and the location, so it was okay.

BTW, how far a walk was it to Bongos? Is it very expensive? We're thinking of taking the kids there the night before our cruise.

As I recall, we took a bus from Bayside to South Beach and it took about 20 minutes.

Sorry for all the questions and thanks!

BTW, how far a walk was it to Bongos? Is it very expensive? We're thinking of taking the kids there the night before our cruise.

Sorry for all the questions and thanks!

It is about a 5min walk.. We didn't find it that expensive... I had a filet mignon.. My SO had surf and turf.. Plus a few beers each was $60.. remember the tip is included in the final price..

Well we just came from South Beach, Very Beautiful there, Parking at a parking lot will cost you 20.00 all day. We ran into a photographer from New Jersey that was shooting some models for a Motorcycle Mag and he gave me some great tips for picture taking. Beautiful not so hot day down at the beach. Took a picture of Versachi's house and overall had a good time, we will be off to Bayside Market in a few to take some more pictures.

South Beach:

IMG_7599_420x280.JPG.a39eb1fde376dfcbeb3a57e7a338c732.JPG

Hi Wennfred,

I'm on a Carnival Valor cruise in December.... Have a couple of questions for you.... Can you tell me the address of the Holiday Inn Hotel? When I look up that hotel for Miami, it gives me several to choose from....lol... Want to check out the right one... Did they have shuttles from the airport to the hotel? And do they have shuttles from the airport to the cruise terminal?? Thanks....:p

Hi Wennfred,

I'm on a Carnival Valor cruise in December.... Have a couple of questions for you.... Can you tell me the address of the Holiday Inn Hotel? When I look up that hotel for Miami, it gives me several to choose from....lol... Want to check out the right one... Did they have shuttles from the airport to the hotel? And do they have shuttles from the airport to the cruise terminal?? Thanks....:p

Awww too bad you addressed that to Fred.. I would have gladly answered ya ( since I just left there 5 days ago).. but since this is Fred's thread.. I will let him respond..;) (Don't want to hijack his thread now):p

Hi Wennfred,

The address is Holiday Inn

PORT OF MIAMI-DOWNTOWN

340 BISCAYNE BLVD

MIAMI, FL 33132

UNITED STATES

Hotel Reservations: 1 888 HOLIDAY (888 465 4329) Hotel Front Desk: 1-305-3714400

Hotel Fax: 1-305-3722862

No shuttles from the airport or to port..

MIA to HIPOM was $26 with tip...

HIPOM to Port was $15 with tip... (depends on traffic on the way back we paid $10 with tip)..

Nice clean hotel great location you will enjoy:)

Hi Wennfred,

The Address is 340 Biscayne Blvd, No Shuttle from the Airport nor to the Cruise terminal, Since we got here on Friday, we rented a car from Thrifty, we have to take it back to the Airport location and Thrifty will give us a ride to the Cruise Terminal sunday morning.

IMG_7641_420x280.JPG.a83e734a1a7e20e02709a8c3f017d8cd.JPG

Fred sorry didn't mean to hijack ya.. ;) How was bayside??? Did you try out Le Cafe? Great Chicken burgers..

Bayside Market was awesome, Lots of shops and resturants, didnt see Le Cafe but we will probably hit Bubba Gump Shrimp Co. for dinner, waiting for a couple from our Roll Call to get here. We were still full from this mornings room service breakfast, there was alot of food. So we are holding till dinner, We went back down to get another Banana Daqari but they were closed.

IMG_7640_420x280.JPG.e098401822fa80b45a685e308b31864b.JPG

Also went to Miami Ink Tattoo shop, this is the one featured on TLC. Both times we went the shop was closed, those guy probably sleep in all day.

So cool you found it! :D Too bad no one was there though. I guess you will have to meet Kat some other time.

So cool you found it! :D Too bad no one was there though. I guess you will have to meet Kat some other time.

Kat has a shop in Los Angeles and Dallas, when Im ready to get inked I will see her in L.A.,The Miami Ink is a small shop from the outside but you know they have to be doing well since TLC picked them up.

Bayside Market was awesome, Lots of shops and resturants, didnt see Le Cafe but we will probably hit Bubba Gump Shrimp Co. for dinner, waiting for a couple from our Roll Call to get here. We were still full from this mornings room service breakfast, there was alot of food. So we are holding till dinner, We went back down to get another Banana Daqari but they were closed.

We did bubba gumps as well on the Friday I think.. was good I had some spicy chicken thing with guac.. was delish... Make sure to take pics outside on the Gump bench with the shoes!!:D

I tried that skillet brekkie didn't like it myself.. too much stuff LOL but what a heaping you get for the money...

If you are looking to pick up a few treats to take on board.. the liqour store is one block from the hotel.. right behind the Riande grande.. called Yagnos:p

Archived