Booking through a TA site

laudergayle

TA needs to request it.  For the base booking NCL will refer you to your TA if you booked through a TA.  Some TA's (the red big-box store that has a membership program is one) don't participate in the upgrade advantage and possibly the price drop programs.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, hallux said:

TA needs to request it.  For the base booking NCL will refer you to your TA if you booked through a TA.  Some TA's (the red big-box store that has a membership program is one) don't participate in the upgrade advantage and possibly the price drop programs.

Since that TA allows cancel and rebook, they do participate in price drops.

6 hours ago, laudergayle said:

If I book on a travel agent site, once I attach my Latitudes # to the booking, will it show up on my account so I can add excursions, dining, etc without going through TA?

Lauder, you know how this works. If your TA isn't on board, get a PCC.

11 hours ago, IAcruising said:

Lauder, you know how this works. If your TA isn't on board, get a PCC.

Actually we have always used a PCC, but I have recently discovered a program that offers same pricing with significant OBC along with 2x miles awards.  Plus I can use my NCL card for 3x WP.

Edited by laudergayle
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, RocketMan275 said:

Will NCL give you a 8% discount of the cruise fare?  Bird in the hand or one in the bush.

Good for you that you found a TA offering that.  Not everyone has access to your TA.

A friend of mine booked on the same trip I am for January, my PCC (I referred my friend to them) gave them the same price I got even though the price had gone up $100 (on a $1600 cabin) since I had booked.  So NCL CAN give a discount, that one was a little over 6%.  Sure, it wasn't 8% and I didn't get it, I got a random 10% coupon in my account which I did use for my fare.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, hallux said:

Good for you that you found a TA offering that.  Not everyone has access to your TA.

A friend of mine booked on the same trip I am for January, my PCC (I referred my friend to them) gave them the same price I got even though the price had gone up $100 (on a $1600 cabin) since I had booked.  So NCL CAN give a discount, that one was a little over 6%.  Sure, it wasn't 8% and I didn't get it, I got a random 10% coupon in my account which I did use for my fare.

Everyone has access to that TA.  Look upthread where sufficient information is given to identify the TA.

Edited by RocketMan275

8 minutes ago, RocketMan275 said:

Everyone has access to that TA.  Look upthread where sufficient information is given to identify the TA.

For JUST the cruise discount (there is no store local to me) on one cruise a year the membership cost is BARELY, if at all, going to be covered with that savings.  It's not worth it to me...

10 minutes ago, laudergayle said:

@RocketMan275 do you need to be a member to do mock bookings? I’m asking because my tablet goes gray part way through the booking.  Don’t know if it is a tablet issue or that I’m not logged in.

I don't believe so.  I am a member but never log in and do mock bookings all the time. More than cruises, their car rental prices can't be beat and do pay for my membership fee. 

• Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, hallux said:

For JUST the cruise discount (there is no store local to me) on one cruise a year the membership cost is BARELY, if at all, going to be covered with that savings.  It's not worth it to me...

You need to cruise more.  

BTW, the membership fee is $60.

A $750 cruise is a break even.

Plus the credit card pays 3% cash back on travel (airfare, hotels, rental cars, restaurants, etc.)

So, you're basically getting a 11% discount.  Which means the breakeven is less than $550.

31 minutes ago, debenson0723 said:

I don't believe so.  I am a member but never log in and do mock bookings all the time. More than cruises, their car rental prices can't be beat and do pay for my membership fee. 

Thanks.  I had to switch from Chrome to Safari to make it work.

16 minutes ago, RocketMan275 said:

You need to cruise more.  

BTW, the membership fee is $60.

A $750 cruise is a break even.

Plus the credit card pays 3% cash back on travel (airfare, hotels, rental cars, restaurants, etc.)

So, you're basically getting a 11% discount.  Which means the breakeven is less than $550.

I just completed a mock booking comparing both sites for an Alaskan cruise in mid-May.  Apples to Apples the one site saved 12%.  Pretty amazing. 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, laudergayle said:

I just completed a mock booking comparing both sites for an Alaskan cruise in mid-May.  Apples to Apples the one site saved 12%.  Pretty amazing. 

What's amazing is the CC posters who insist that TA can not, will not, beat the PCC prices.  Or, those who insist that they must be 'in control' of their bookings.  You can call your TA or you can call NCL.   You have the same amount of control.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, RocketMan275 said:

What's amazing is the CC posters who insist that TA can not, will not, beat the PCC prices.  Or, those who insist that they must be 'in control' of their bookings.  You can call your TA or you can call NCL.   You have the same amount of control.

Do you book online or via phone direct to an agent.  Do you ever get the upgrade bid emails from NCL (not important to me just curious).

7 minutes ago, laudergayle said:

Do you book online or via phone direct to an agent.  Do you ever get the upgrade bid emails from NCL (not important to me just curious).

It's a combination.  I stopped using this TA when their credit card deleted travel insurance.  I use another TA, a small business. just two women in PA.  Usually, I decide on the cruise line, itinerary, date, cabin type, even the room number.  I email that to the TA and she gives me a quote, Then I call and confirm and give my credit card number.  I get the confirmation in less than an hour.  I do get an 8% discount.  I've used them for almost 10 years.  We're on first name basis.  

This TA is very popular on CC and many here use her.  She has all the certifications and has an American Express franchise.  One of the best things is you're always dealing with the same people regardless of which cruise line you book.  She has been on almost all the cruise ships.  She even sends her assistants on cruises so they can be authoritative.

And, yes, I get the upgrade emails but I ignore those.  I book the cabins I want so there's no need for an upgrade.  

Edited by RocketMan275

5 hours ago, RocketMan275 said:

What's amazing is the CC posters who insist that TA can not, will not, beat the PCC prices. 

What's amazing is the CC posters who have a TA that can't/won't/unable to answer the simplest questions or get an obvious price drop. Then, they call NCL and NCL says "sorry, call your TA".

But hey, it's worth that cheap bottle of wine your TA gives you, right?

16 minutes ago, IAcruising said:

What's amazing is the CC posters who have a TA that can't/won't/unable to answer the simplest questions or get an obvious price drop. Then, they call NCL and NCL says "sorry, call your TA".

But hey, it's worth that cheap bottle of wine your TA gives you, right?

I have no idea of what your talking about.

My TA doesn't provide 'cheap wine', she saves me a ton of money.

-My TA got me a price drop, just last week, of $2500 on my next cruise.

-My TA got me FCC on my cruise of last march of $1000.

-In addition to those price drops, my TA discounts all my cruises by at least 8%.

I have no need to call NCL since my TA answers all my questions. 

You see, my TA isn't one of those large call centers like NCL operates that are infamous for providing inaccurate information. 

She operates her own busines and she's taken more cruises than most.  She's been on all the cruise lines and many of the cruise ships.  She knows the answers from her own experience.

Edited by RocketMan275
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, IAcruising said:

All good man, all good. You have a far more fortunate experience than many of us using TA's.

You have to do your homework.  

It's difficult to find a TA that isn't better than dealing with NCL call center.

I found mine from a fellow CC poster.

I wish I could be more specific but the rules don't allow.

There's two things you can do.

-ask fellow cruisers on your next cruise.

-look for clues to good agents on topics like this.

The one thing you don't want to do is search the internet for low cost cruises.  Most cruise lines prohibit TA from advertising prices below what the cruise lines advertise.  you have to call the TA and ask about their pricing. Hang up if they don't discount or if they add on additional fees.  Don't giv e up.

Edited by RocketMan275