Medallion Net - 1 Device

Seafan22

If I purchase Medallion Net - 1 Device, does that mean one device can actively use the Medallion Net at any one time or that only one device will be able to register and use the Medallion Net durign the trip?

Also, does this service every go "On Sale"?  I will be on a 31 day trip making this a bit costly.

Seafan,  My husband and I share the one device internet plan and use it on four devices. There is a popup question when you sign-in asking if you want to disconnect the "live" device.  It is super easy and a no brainer for us on our 32 day cruise.....nope we are NOT going to pay for the multi device plan.

• Thanks 1

I have the plus plan for an upcoming cruise.  Is it possible for me to upgrade my internet to a multi-device plan.  My son and son-in-law will want the internet and if this is possible, I think it would be cheaper for them to pay us the difference in cost.  Anyone know how much more this would cost and also is it possible for just me to upgrade or will my husband need to upgrade as well.

21 minutes ago, sabookkeeper said:

I have the plus plan for an upcoming cruise.  Is it possible for me to upgrade my internet to a multi-device plan.  My son and son-in-law will want the internet and if this is possible, I think it would be cheaper for them to pay us the difference in cost.  Anyone know how much more this would cost and also is it possible for just me to upgrade or will my husband need to upgrade as well.

Yes, it will be offered in the App once you are on board and connect to ship's INTRAnet via Wifi connection.

11 minutes ago, antsp said:

Just use the connected phone as a hotspot, then any in your family etc can connect together 

While this is certainly possible from a *technical* standpoint, I don't think it to be very practical. All would have to stay very close to that central phone...nobody could roam around the ship at will.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/24/2023 at 4:16 PM, Rick&Jeannie said:

While this is certainly possible from a *technical* standpoint, I don't think it to be very practical. All would have to stay very close to that central phone...nobody could roam around the ship at will.

Seems that @antsp would be well aware of the practicality of his suggestion.

5 hours ago, RFGuru said:

Is it cheaper to pre-purchase Internet before sailing or buy it on the embarkation day special? 

it is no longer discounted before sailing, so you can wait to purchase it onboard...I do not believe they have an embarkation day special any longer either...you can purchase at a daily rate as well if you don't need it every day 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, travelin.sisters said:

it is no longer discounted before sailing, so you can wait to purchase it onboard...I do not believe they have an embarkation day special any longer either...you can purchase at a daily rate as well if you don't need it every day 

Thank you.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, sabookkeeper said:

Does anyone know how much it would cost for me to upgrade from 1 device to the multi device plan?  Also, since we have the plus package, will both of us have to upgrade or can I just upgrade my plan?

I don't 100% KNOW the answers to your questions, because sometimes what was true before is not true the next time, but I have upgraded to a for only one person in a cabin. I did it on the app before boarding so I would suggest you go to the app & see what it says the cost will be, but generally a one device plan is $15/day & 4 is $40 so you would pay the difference or $25/day.

7 hours ago, travelin.sisters said:

I don't 100% KNOW the answers to your questions, because sometimes what was true before is not true the next time, but I have upgraded to a for only one person in a cabin. I did it on the app before boarding so I would suggest you go to the app & see what it says the cost will be, but generally a one device plan is $15/day & 4 is $40 so you would pay the difference or $25/day.

I did check the app and it just shows the total cost not taking into account I have the plus package which includes the 1 device.  I forgot to mention that I am Platinum so I pay 50% cost of the wifi.  Thanks for your suggestion.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sabookkeeper said:

I did check the app and it just shows the total cost not taking into account I have the plus package which includes the 1 device.  I forgot to mention that I am Platinum so I pay 50% cost of the wifi.  Thanks for your suggestion.

Wait until on board and the App will offer you the upgrade to 4-devices for a differential amount - not full price.  Also, only one person needs to do it.