Frustrated with Princess info!!

Momma Mojito

I contacted Princess's chat line tonight to find out if they knew anything about why I hadn't received my stock credit.  Well, after 30 minutes of back and forth with the rep giving her the info she asked for, she connected me to another rep who then asked me for all the same info I had just given the first rep.  Finally, she said I should contact the Shareholders and gave me their email, the same email that I sent my stockholder's info to. 

In between all of this, I asked if they knew who I could get in contact with to organize a Meet n Greet.  They had no idea of what I  was talking about.  

Princess needs to educate these representatives.

17 minutes ago, Momma Mojito said:

I contacted Princess's chat line tonight to find out if they knew anything about why I hadn't received my stock credit.  Well, after 30 minutes of back and forth with the rep giving her the info she asked for, she connected me to another rep who then asked me for all the same info I had just given the first rep.  Finally, she said I should contact the Shareholders and gave me their email, the same email that I sent my stockholder's info to. 

In between all of this, I asked if they knew who I could get in contact with to organize a Meet n Greet.  They had no idea of what I  was talking about.  

I would not expect a general Princess representative to be able to handle either of those questions.

Shareholders credit response to email is generally very fast. If it's been a couple of weeks, I recommend resending the information. One potential issue: Is the person who requested the shareholder OBC a veteran who is already getting veteran OBC? If so, you cannot also get shareholder OBC. However if the other person in the cabin is not a veteran, that person can get shareholder OBC.

Information on how to set up a meet & greet is in the thread How To Set Up a Meet & Greet on Board Princess Ships locked on the top of the Princess forum.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, NavyVeteran said:

I would not expect a general Princess representative to be able to handle either of those questions.

Shareholders credit response to email is generally very fast. If it's been a couple of weeks, I recommend resending the information. One potential issue: Is the person who requested the shareholder OBC a veteran who is already getting veteran OBC? If so, you cannot also get shareholder OBC. However if the other person in the cabin is not a veteran, that person can get shareholder OBC.

Information on how to set up a meet & greet is in the thread How To Set Up a Meet & Greet on Board Princess Ships locked on the top of the Princess forum.

Thanks for your info  I have submitted the Shareholder info three times.  And I did use this How To Set Up a Meet & Greet on Board Princess Ships locked on the top of the Princess forum.  The only response I received was that she was busy and would get back to me and that was over two weks ago

No idea if this still works but the number I used to call to verify that my Shareholder OBC request had been received is: 800 872 6779 ext. 30317

If they aren't receiving your request you can always use the free service faxzero.com and send it in old school via FAX

Fax: 661 753 0180 (For Sending Shareholder OBC Info) – Address to Booking Support

Edited by Thrak

When is the cruise you are trying to set up the Meet and Greet?  I sent an email in June 2023 and had my group set up 4 days later.  

This is the email I sent the original request:  grouponboardservices@princesscruises.com

This is my contact person for the Caribbean Princess:  emichen@princesscruises.com (Emily Chen)

I would not expect chat to know anything about Meet and Greets.  Good Luck.

You will need to include:

Date:  

Time:  

Venue:   

Guest Count:   

Group Leader: 

Your Booking Number:

11 hours ago, Momma Mojito said:

Take a deep breath.  I will not defend the customer service reps (who are often near worthless) as that is a negative with many cruise lines.  But I can give you some advice on how to easily handle the Shareholder Credit without much heartburn.  Simply send an e-mail requesting the credit and include your names, Princess booking number, and what you are requesting (i.e. $250 Shareholder credit).  If you have a Princess Captain's Circle number also include it.  Attach a copy of the proof that you own 100 shares of stock (such as a brokerage statement) to the e-mail (if you need to scan this and have no scanner you can always have it done at a UPS store).  

E-mail the request to sbpel@Princesscruises.com,   Immediately make a hard copy of this entire transaction (e-mail with all the attachments) and make sure to take it along on your cruise.  Once on the ship, if you do not see that credit (it should be on your onboard account) pick a quiet time (I like early in the morning or late at night) and visit the Guest Relations Desk with the copy of your request.  They will usually take care of this within a couple of days.

Hank

• Like 4

8 hours ago, Hlitner said:

Take a deep breath.  I will not defend the customer service reps (who are often near worthless) as that is a negative with many cruise lines.  But I can give you some advice on how to easily handle the Shareholder Credit without much heartburn.  Simply send an e-mail requesting the credit and include your names, Princess booking number, and what you are requesting (i.e. $250 Shareholder credit).  If you have a Princess Captain's Circle number also include it.  Attach a copy of the proof that you own 100 shares of stock (such as a brokerage statement) to the e-mail (if you need to scan this and have no scanner you can always have it done at a UPS store).  

E-mail the request to sbpel@Princesscruises.com,   Immediately make a hard copy of this entire transaction (e-mail with all the attachments) and make sure to take it along on your cruise.  Once on the ship, if you do not see that credit (it should be on your onboard account) pick a quiet time (I like early in the morning or late at night) and visit the Guest Relations Desk with the copy of your request.  They will usually take care of this within a couple of days.

Hank

Thanks but I have already sent it in and received an automated email saying it might take a few weeks to get my credit!!!  That was 2 weeks ago.  People have posted here that they received their notice within 15 minutes

I sent email with attached copy today. Got the auto generated reply extremely busy and could take up to 21 days.  It was posted in my account within the hour.  I did not receive a confirming email.  Are you looking in the right place on your booking?

1 hour ago, Momma Mojito said:

Thanks but I have already sent it in and received an automated email saying it might take a few weeks to get my credit!!!  That was 2 weeks ago.  People have posted here that they received their notice within 15 minutes

Over the years (we have more than 30 cruises on Princess) we have received credit within a few minutes, and other times, have never received the credit.   We have, sometimes, just e-mailed (or faxed) the request a 2nd time which sometimes helps and sometimes does nothing.  Having the hard copies, when you go aboard, will make it easy for Guest Services to resolve the situation (apparently they e-mail back to LA).  Make sure you do have proof of stock ownership, since that can be key when dealing with Guest Services.

As to getting a confirming e-mail (we always make this request in our submission) it works about 1/2 of the time.  A few other times we will see the credit on our online account info.  In case you do not know where to look (perhaps others will also benefit) here is exactly how you can look at that option:

Go to the Princess web site and logon to your account.  Then click on "my account" near the top of the screen.  Once you have your booking up...click on the "Payments" tab located on the upper right.  Scroll down towards the bottom to the "Credits" section and if you see "Shareholders Benefits" you got it made.  Otherwise, make sure you take all the hard copy stuff on your cruise :).

Hank

I requested SOBC for my upcoming cruises and did not receive a conformation email for any of them. Like Hlitner posted the SOBC showed up in my "payments" tab, all the way at the bottom. 

Like NavyVeteran said if you qualify for MOBC you won't get SOBC under the new rules. However, there is a work around for that.

I too have gotten Shareholders credit often. For my last cruise I sent in the form repeatedly with no results.  Finally I called Princess.  Turns out my stock info was more than 90 days old.  I sent an updated copy while on the phone and the credit was added immediately.  

• Like 1

I sent the completed Princess Shareholder Benefit form as well as a copy of my most recent (August) brokerage statement to sbpcl@princesscruises.com last Monday, September 18th and had the credit added to my account on Thursday, September 21st. So, if they have all the required info, it should be super quick.

I never received a notification email, I just happened to be on my account to look at something else when I saw it had been added.

Edited by acutecanuck
  • Like 2